Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Hi everyone, great to hear of all the progress! We had our early scan last night and all went great. The measurements were 2 days ahead of my dates at 8w1d but they left them. So relieved to hear a lovely strong heartbeat. :) I'm starting to show a bit already, will have to start looking at clothes to keep it under wraps for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Is anyone else's jeans/trousers feeling tighter every day) I'm starting to feel very big after lunch don't know if it's just me!

Have booked in for a private scan this Saturday as don't get 12 week scan in holles street... will begin telling people from then! Getting very excited about it all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smallie93

Hi fellow to be June moms!

So I'm also due June '17. According to my last scan which I got at 7w, I should be 9w3d with approximate due date June 16th.

This is my first pregnancy (major shock BTW), but I know once I get over this first trimester I'll start to be more excited, I'm a worrier on the best of days.

I've decided to go Privately in Limerick and have my first appointment with Dr Mark Skehan at 13 weeks. Is there anyone else on this thread that have been or is a patient of his?

When did you previous moms begin to show? I'm quite slim however haven't been exercising since I found out as I got a scare (? Ecotpic) so that frightened me with heading to the gym. Now I know that all is fine so far, I'm wondering is it just bloating from lack of exercise or should I be slightly showing?

I'm so new to this and totally frightened! So any bit helps.

Best of luck to you all x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smallie93

Hi there fellow June 2017 Mums to be!

I am just gone 8 weeks with my first baby and first pregnancy. I am just wondering if there's anyone here that has advice re Public care in Limerick? My GP sent off the referral letter two weeks ago and I havent heard anything re scans appts etc. Is is normal not to hear until closer to the time? Is that at 12 weeks ish?
    I am toying with the idea of getting a private scan as well (very impatient and praying all ok), can anyone in Limerick area advise?

Thanks in advance

Hi Mrs Expectant!

I was in a similar situation to yourself, however I found out at 5 weeks due to lower abdomen pain, hadn't a clue I was pregnant. My GP referred me to the early pregnancy unit straight away in the Mat because of the pain. I was admitted over night and was brought back for a follow up two weeks later.

In my opinion give the maternity a ring and see if they have your details. You could always say you're a little worried/concerned as it's your first and you'd never know they might tell you to go in and they may scan you!

Best of luck x

Smallie93 wrote: »
    Hi fellow to be June moms!

So I'm also due June '17. According to my last scan which I got at 7w, I should be 9w3d with approximate due date June 16th.

This is my first pregnancy (major shock BTW), but I know once I get over this first trimester I'll start to be more excited, I'm a worrier on the best of days.

I've decided to go Privately in Limerick and have my first appointment with Dr Mark Skehan at 13 weeks. Is there anyone else on this thread that have been or is a patient of his?

When did you previous moms begin to show? I'm quite slim however haven't been exercising since I found out as I got a scare (? Ecotpic) so that frightened me with heading to the gym. Now I know that all is fine so far, I'm wondering is it just bloating from lack of exercise or should I be slightly showing?

I'm so new to this and totally frightened! So any bit helps.

Best of luck to you all x

Hi Smallie,

Congrats!!

I would be quite similar to yourself I was a big gym bunny but as soon as I found out it's of no interest to me so I don't know if it's lack of exercise, my body not burning enough calories or that this is just what it's supposed to be like. In the morning on an empty belly I look quite normal just a bit bloated but at the moment I feel quite bloated my belly looks big too!!

I'm counting down to Saturday to my scan once I know everything is ok I'll be way more excited!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Its probably just bloating more than anything ladies!

My trousers were feeling tight a couple of weeks ago but since the vomiting started I'm back to normal. I lost half a stone in my first trimester on my first!

I'm definitely expecting to show a lot earlier this time as I had a C-section on my first so I don't think my tummy muscles will be any good at sucking it in this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Bar one pair of jeans, none of my trousers are fitting comfortably anymore so I had to invest in maternity jeans from H&M last night.

Really thought the nausea would be subsiding about now as I'm only a few days off 12 weeks (or a few days over according to my last measurement). Tried to wean myself off Cariban but that didn't work out. If I had any doubt about their efficacy it's definitely gone now!

Hope everyone else is blooming!

anndub wrote: »
    Bar one pair of jeans, none of my trousers are fitting comfortably anymore so I had to invest in maternity jeans from H&M last night.

Really thought the nausea would be subsiding about now as I'm only a few days off 12 weeks (or a few days over according to my last measurement). Tried to wean myself off Cariban but that didn't work out. If I had any doubt about their efficacy it's definitely gone now!

Hope everyone else is blooming!

I'm holding out for 12 weeks too although it may be false hope as I was sick until 22 weeks last time.

I was prescribed Phenergan by the GP this week, took my first one last night and I actually felt good up until 3pm today!

Have my early scan tomorrow morning fingers crossed all goes well

Best of luck tomorrow Briarpatch, it's reassuring to see that heartbeat.

Had my scan this morning measuring in at 12 weeks 2 days with due date of 1st June! Was given the 3rd June at first scan so not too much difference!

Lovely to see the baby move and hear the heartbeat again!

Now to tell everyone...

• Advertisement

Congrats RCK1406, we are due very close together. I'm looking forward to my 13 week scan Tuesday week when I think the measurements will be more accurate.

Getting jealous of everyone hearing the heartbeat, I've only ever seen it. They don't seem to give that option in the Rotunda

Congrats RCK1406, we are due very close together. I'm looking forward to my 13 week scan Tuesday week when I think the measurements will be more accurate.

Getting jealous of everyone hearing the heartbeat, I've only ever seen it. They don't seem to give that option in the Rotunda

Thanks Anndub!

I'm going with holles street but they don't do 12 week scans as standard apparently so we had to go private. No better feeling seeing your baby wriggle and kick and hearing the heartbeat!

Had my scan yesterday and all went well saw the heartbeat and the hands and legs did a little wriggle, dates were similar to what I thought she put me at 2 days earlier making it a due date of 17th June but will wait and see what rotunda say at my booking in appointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I had my 12-week scan at Holles St. Last Thursday, but actually had had one a week before when I got the Harmony test done at Merrion Fetal Health, so I got to see the baby moving around and hear the heartbeat twice!

Got the results of the Harmony test on Friday - low risk for everything covered under the test, which was a huge relief because of my age (I'm 40). We also found out I'm having a girl!

I'm 12 weeks today but I'm not going to start telling people right away - everyone who matters already knows. Work is particularly awkward - I wanted to wait a few more weeks before telling my boss, but in the meantime my work pals are all excited about an event they want us all to go to next June, and I'm trying to put off explaining why I won't be able to go. I think I'll have to invent a holiday plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Hi all
    Hope everyone is keeping well.
    Just looking for some advice on maternity clothes. I would be a size 14/16/18 depending on shop or whether its a top or jeans or tailored pants. Just wondering if anyone is similar and has found a shop/online store that they would recommend for maternity clothes?
    I was able to get away with alot more casual clothes during my last pregnancy but I am now working in an office & I have to wear more smart casual clothes which is very annoying at the mo when nothing fits! I'm only 10 weeks on Saturday but I am at that awkward stage where my normal clothes don't fit & my old maternity clothes are too big :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

T1986 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Hope everyone is keeping well.
    Just looking for some advice on maternity clothes. I would be a size 14/16/18 depending on shop or whether its a top or jeans or tailored pants. Just wondering if anyone is similar and has found a shop/online store that they would recommend for maternity clothes?
    I was able to get away with alot more casual clothes during my last pregnancy but I am now working in an office & I have to wear more smart casual clothes which is very annoying at the mo when nothing fits! I'm only 10 weeks on Saturday but I am at that awkward stage where my normal clothes don't fit & my old maternity clothes are too big :(

I'm feeling the same, have been looking at some maternity clothes in New Look and Red Herring in Debenhams but they are all for much bigger bumps than what I have going on. I just look like I've had a big dinner. Have bought a maternity vest in penneys which is nice and long so am wearing that underneath my normal tops. Also bought some long flowy light knits in penneys too, if I get a few weeks out of them I'll be happy enough for the price! My trousers are becoming an issue so will have to try some maternity ones soon.

Last time most of my work stuff came from next. In the beginning I just bought black maternity trousers they were kind of stretchy but not the ones with the over the bump panel thing. I wore them with some larger sizes tops than usual until I got a bit bigger then I got 3 dresses so I had 4 work outfits which I wore every week, was pretty sick of them by the end!

Had my follow up scan this morning. Everything is looking great. The baby was fast asleep and took a bit of poking to wake up but it was very cute to see him/her do a big stretch and kick the legs up when he woke! All this growing must be exhausting.

Measured 13w3 this morning but they're leaving my due date as May 31st. Getting very excited now.

Great news Ann! How's your sickness these days?

Persisting. It's over all at a more manageable level but I still have bad days. I'm pretty fed up of it at this stage. They recommended staying on the cariban for the foreseeable future.

How are you doing?

• Advertisement

Persisting. It's over all at a more manageable level but I still have bad days. I'm pretty fed up of it at this stage. They recommended staying on the cariban for the foreseeable future.

How are you doing?

Yep still sick here, suffering with bad headaches again as well so pretty miserable most days, I'm really hoping it'll pass by Christmas so I can enjoy it with my son!

It must be even harder when you already have a little one to look after. I still have 16 weeks as the date it'll surely be gone by. Then again not so long ago I was focusing on 12 weeks!

When did it fully disappear for you on the last pregnancy?

It was just after my big scan so around the 20 week mark and I was like a new woman afterwards! I'd easily trade the last 20 weeks for the first 20!

Is the phenergen still taking the edge off?

I think at this point as long as it doesn't last the full term I'll be happy. They seemed to be hinting that it might in the hospital.

The phenergan works a little bit for example I didn't take it on Sunday night and was vomiting as soon as I woke up Monday morning, I took it last night and I lasted until 1030 this morning! It has a sedative effect so it can only be taken at night and I don't really like the idea that I might not wake if my little boy calls for me so I don't really like to take them at all!

I lay down on the bed for a few minutes earlier and I'm almost positive I felt the movement! It's a bit early for that but either way it got me all excited!!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    I lay down on the bed for a few minutes earlier and I'm almost positive I felt the movement! It's a bit early for that but either way it got me all excited!!

I think I've convinced myself I can feel it move at night when I'm in bed but it's way too early I'm only 14 weeks!!

RCK1406 wrote: »
    I think I've convinced myself I can feel it move at night when I'm in bed but it's way too early I'm only 14 weeks!!

I won't be able to sleep now I'll be lying in bed trying to see if I can feel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

RCK1406 wrote: »

I had movement from 16 weeks with my first. I wouldn't dismiss it. My husband felt kicks from outside from 17 weeks. Now this is particularly early so don't want to concern anyone else but I'd expect to feel even earlier in future pregnancies.

• Advertisement

Not even a hint of movement here yet. Waiting impatiently though!

Advertisement