Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

I was sure I could feel movement the other night too but I know I must be imagining it at only 13 weeks! It seemed way to low down in my pelvis to be gas or anything though lol!

Sorry you ladies are still feeling so sick, that must be so rough. Other than headaches I feel okay, I've always had the headaches pre-pregnancy but not being able to take some nurofen plus in the real bummer as nothing else seems to help me.

Had my first midwife appointment last week, they couldn't find a heartbeat so I was panicking a little but they brought me in for a scan on Saturday and all good thankfully. Baby was somersaulting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

SadieG wrote: »
    I was sure I could feel movement the other night too but I know I must be imagining it at only 13 weeks! It seemed way to low down in my pelvis to be gas or anything though lol!

Had my first midwife appointment last week, they couldn't find a heartbeat so I was panicking a little but they brought me in for a scan on Saturday and all good thankfully. Baby was somersaulting around.

Glad everything turned out fine I'd say you were worried there for a while! I don't have my booking appointment until next week, feel like I've been waiting forever for it! It's a pity its not tomorrow as I've my work Christmas party on Friday and it would have been nice to be able to tell everyone!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Glad everything turned out fine I'd say you were worried there for a while! I don't have my booking appointment until next week, feel like I've been waiting forever for it! It's a pity its not tomorrow as I've my work Christmas party on Friday and it would have been nice to be able to tell everyone!

Aw that's a bit of a pain alright, I had mine the day before my xmas party and it was a race to tell HR/boss etc after that so I could tell everyone on the night, it's very stressful trying to hide it at these things!!

Best of luck with the booking appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

I started to tell people in work this week. It was such a nice feeling and most colleagues were really happy. A lot had noticed I hadn't been myself and were relieved to hear it was for a good reason!

Had one incident which I handled very badly but was slightly wrong footed. The individual reacted strangely and then returned to tell me they were upset because their partner didn't want children. Finding myself feeling guilty around this person now despite having been warned by friends it was likely I'd find myself in that position at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AineQ

Hi girls.

Great to see everyone keeping updated!! Had my booking scan last week, all good so far. 13week4days.

As i said before this is my first. I'm feeling okay generally, nausea has seemed to pass and I'm back exercising a few times a week.

The one thing that is bothering me is back acne.. It's horrendous and getting worse over the last few days. Anyone else experiencing this pregnancy relate acne? I'm yet to find this "glow" that people talk about.

• Advertisement

Hi Aine

Yes my face has completely broken out and I never usually get breakouts. My "glow" appears to be in the form of pale and spotty!!

I'm jealous you're getting your energy back. I'm 14weeks1day and feel more exhausted now than ever. Midwife has recommended I start on iron now so I'm really hoping they help with the energy levels.

I'm also suffering with acne on the face but in strange places like in my eyebrows and behind my ears particularly!
    Had my booking appointment today, I was feeling very anxious beforeland and then my blood pressure was a little high, she also suggest they test my thyroid function as I've been experiencing a little bit of breathlessness. Apart from that all was good and lovely to see baby again, changed so much in the past 3 weeks!!

SadieG wrote: »
    Hi Aine

Yes my face has completely broken out and I never usually get breakouts. My "glow" appears to be in the form of pale and spotty!!

I'm jealous you're getting your energy back. I'm 14weeks1day and feel more exhausted now than ever. Midwife has recommended I start on iron now so I'm really hoping they help with the energy levels.

Its so frustrating Sadie... Really getting my mood down. I'm hoping diet and lots of water will help clear it up, as we're limited with over the counter options!!
    I hope the iron starts to give you a boost, I'm due to see my GP in two weeks so hopefully he might recommend something to help with my skin!

I'm also suffering with acne on the face but in strange places like in my eyebrows and behind my ears particularly!
    Had my booking appointment today, I was feeling very anxious beforeland and then my blood pressure was a little high, she also suggest they test my thyroid function as I've been experiencing a little bit of breathlessness. Apart from that all was good and lovely to see baby again, changed so much in the past 3 weeks!!

Did they say anything to you regarding your blood pressure or did they put it down to bring anxious? Mine is low usually and since becoming pregnant it has dropped even further but they told me just keep drinking plenty fluids to try keep it elevated at normal level.

How far are you gone now briarpatch?

Congrats briarpatch. I couldn't believe how big the baby had gotten between 10 and 13 weeks. Glad it all went well for you. The next big mile stone will be the 20 week scan!

I've a little acne on my shoulders, really not getting this glow thing either! Energy had improved slightly in the last couple of weeks. Still being extra hours at night time though.

• Advertisement

AineQ wrote: »
    Did they say anything to you regarding your blood pressure or did they put it down to bring anxious? Mine is low usually and since becoming pregnant it has dropped even further but they told me just keep drinking plenty fluids to try keep it elevated at normal level.

How far are you gone now briarpatch?
    Not she asked if I was nervous about something and I was nervous about getting the blood test done because I have poor veins that collapse during blood tests and I don't like needles either so she probably just thought I was being a child and left it at that! She also asked if I had it on my last pregnancy and I never did it was always on the low side!
    I'm 13+1 now!

anndub wrote: »
    Congrats briarpatch. I couldn't believe how big the baby had gotten between 10 and 13 weeks. Glad it all went well for you. The next big mile stone will be the 20 week scan!

I've a little acne on my shoulders, really not getting this glow thing either! Energy had improved slightly in the last couple of weeks. Still being extra hours at night time though.
    Thanks Ann! Any improvement with sickenss yet? Don't want to jinx myself but I've not felt too bad the past few days!I'm not finished with the rotunda yet :-( I've to go for a doctor appointment in 3 weeks, then to the coagulation clinic and if anything is wrong with the thyroid that'll be another clinic. Got my appointment today for the 20 week scan can't wait for that! Are people finding out the sex?

Thanks Ann! Any improvement with sickenss yet? Don't want to jinx myself but I've not felt too bad the past few days!I'm not finished with the rotunda yet :-( I've to go for a doctor appointment in 3 weeks, then to the coagulation clinic and if anything is wrong with the thyroid that'll be another clinic. Got my appointment today for the 20 week scan can't wait for that! Are people finding out the sex?

I hope you get on okay with thyroid tests. Is it in your family?

Think I'm gonna try hold out with finding out the sex. It was such a surprise (shock) when we found out so we're gonna keep that trend going! Lol.

Gosh, that's tough going but with all those appointments the 20 weeks will fly in for you.

Sickness has improved so tried to come off Cariban, set me back to square one within 24 hours so i guess I'll keep taking it for now and try again in a few weeks. Really don't like the idea of taking it the whole way through.

I think we will find out the sex but we plan on keeping it to ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

I'm the same break outs in random places on my face and my chest especially I feel like it's cleared and then a break out again!!

I'm not as tired as I was, I'm 2 days off 16 weeks so hoping I get more energy but I am still sleeping more at night but not as much compared to previously!

Bump is definitely becoming more defined now, can't wait to start feeling the baby hopefully shortly!

We must both be technically due in May then RCK1406. I'm 15w4d today.

anndub wrote: »
    We must both be technically due in May then RCK1406. I'm 15w4d today.

I'm 15+5 today based on the 12 week scan but my dates add up to only 15+3 so either the 1st or the 3rd June!

I'm the same. They've dated me May 30th with the scan but I reckon by my dates I'm more like early June.

AineQ wrote: »
    I hope you get on okay with thyroid tests. Is it in your family?

Think I'm gonna try hold out with finding out the sex. It was such a surprise (shock) when we found out so we're gonna keep that trend going! Lol.

My aunt has a thyroid problem but nothing in my immediate family.

We will find out the sex again, we found out last time but kept it to ourselves but I want to prepare my little boy for a brother or sister- he has his heart set on a brother!

Ladies does it bother ye that your dates from the hospital are earlier?

Shall we do a little list so that we can keep track of when everyone is due for eg.

BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June

And the next person can copy mine and add theirs below or above depending on date?

RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June

• Advertisement

Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 30th May

SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June

I had my dating scan yesterday and because of the way the baby was, she could not give me an accurate due date so I have to go back again on the 10th of January for another dating scan (this will be my 3rd scan because my cycle is so irregular that I was given a scan at 6weeks because they were going by my last period). Baby is fine & active so I'm happy with that!
    Hope everyone else is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

]Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 30th May
    Thumpette_ Holles St EDD 16th June

I was 13 weeks yesterday and In for my 4th scan! This is going to be one seriously photographed baby. Everything looks good so far. Still planning for induction at 39 weeks so we'll see how that goes, I suspect I'll be in before that.

Consultant has been amazing- really couldn't ask for more. She talks about Max and is reassuring but not to the point that irritates me. We're very much taking things scan by scan and that suits me.

In again on Dec 28th and have my 20 week scheduled for Feb 1st probably with another mid Jan scan in between!

Feel like I'm getting the occasional flutter, can't wait for my spare tyre to look more like a bump!

Glad it's all going smoothly Thumpette. I'm 16 weeks now and my bump is looking much more like a bump in the last few days.

Can anyone tell me if I should be seeing my GP this week? My midwife mentioned it at my booking appointment but it's not listed on the combined care dates list.

I'm seeing my GP at 18 weeks which is what my midwife advised.

I've seen both 16 and 18 listed on different places so I would say you should definitely try book something in over the next week or so!

AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    Thumpette_ Holles St EDD 16th June

I'm seeing my GP also at 16 weeks, that was on my consultant advices. And back to him then at 20weeks.

Still waiting for little bump to show, still looking like I've are too much bread !!

On my last I had my booking appointment at the hospital at 12 weeks and didnt have another appointment until GP at 24 weeks!

This time I have a doctors appointment in Rotunda at 16 weeks and not sure what's after that!

I had my booking in app with midwife in satellite clinic at 12 weeks, was with my GP last week for 16 weeks (it was to be anytime before Christmas) nothing then till 21 weeks for my scan in Holles street and then either clinic or GP again at 24 weeks.

I think today I got some baby flutters!!! It's my first baby so not sure what they're supposed to feel like, but it was like I was being tickled with a feather so not sure if it was! I'm nearly 17 weeks so I would have though I'd start feeling something around now!

• Advertisement

That sounds like it could be it RCK! I think it feels like a bubble that just pops! I also think it's slightly like a feeling you may need to fart!!

Advertisement