Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

This time next year we'll be preparing for santa with a 6 month old! Happy Christmas ladies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Hope everyone is enjoying their alcohol free Christmas! Really enjoying the break from work and getting lots of rest, morning sickness is putting a dampner on indulging in as many delicious foods as I had hoped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Had another (my 5th!) scan today- will be 15 weeks on Friday. Baby wasn't being cooperative but looks good with a healthy heartbeat. In again in 3 weeks for another scan and then 5 for the anomaly scan- feeling so lucky to be this far and feeling hopeful ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Thumpette wrote: »
    Had another (my 5th!) scan today- will be 15 weeks on Friday. Baby wasn't being cooperative but looks good with a healthy heartbeat. In again in 3 weeks for another scan and then 5 for the anomaly scan- feeling so lucky to be this far and feeling hopeful ❤️

It must be really lovely to get the reassurance from the extra scans Thumpette.

How is everyone feeling lately? I'm nearly 15 weeks now and still feeling crappy. No appetite, nothing appealing to me and if I do eat I feel like everything repeats on me.

I have lost 4kg as well but that was sort of needed to be honest.

Scan yesterday and not back with hospital until28 weeks. Portlaoise apperently don't offer a 20week anomaly scan anymore.

Other than that baby is flying so that's the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

Tigger1 wrote: »

How is everyone feeling lately? I'm nearly 15 weeks now and still feeling crappy. No appetite, nothing appealing to me and if I do eat I feel like everything repeats on me.

I have lost 4kg as well but that was sort of needed to be honest.

Scan yesterday and not back with hospital until28 weeks. Portlaoise apperently don't offer a 20week anomaly scan anymore.

Other than that baby is flying so that's the most important thing.

I'm 18 weeks now and still have no appetite, nothing appeals to me apart from lucozade sport and fizzy jellies!!

Anomaly scan booked in for 3 weeks in Holles Street, I'll be 21 weeks exactly the day of the scan. Can't wait to see the little nugget again!!

We have our list of things to buy so will start shopping after the scan once we know all is ok!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

We have our list of things to buy so will start shopping after the scan once we know all is ok!![/quote]

Is this your first? Are you getting any movement yet?
    It's my 4th and a completely different pregnancy to the others!

Yeah it's my first - over the last few weeks I've thought I've felt something. Christmas night it felt like a goldfish inside me swimming around (weird way of describing I know!) and then random feelings since then not at all consistent.

Happy new year ladies! I had my 16 week appointment in the rotunda today it was crazy busy in there! My bloods all came back clear thank god but my blood pressure was even higher today so that might become a cause for concern. Great to see baby again and she said it's a very active baby! She asked if I wanted to know the sex and when I said yes she said you'll have to ask at the big scan?!

Hi all, hope everyone is keeping well.

Can anyone recommend any hints/tips for very dry and irritated skin... I know it's more than likely hormonal but my face and chest have terrible acne and my skin is very dry and broken.

I thought I was allergic to Bio-oil but I've stopped using that and just using my normal moisturiser but still the same.

It's quite sore and irritated at the moment :(

On a more positive note only 2 more weeks till our next scan :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Aveeno is very good and gentle on dry skin.

• Advertisement

Glad everyone is doing well. Congrats to those who have had recent scans, they're so reassuring. Two weeks until I have the anomaly scan, quite nervous for some reason. I'm not feeling movement much so I guess that has me over thinking things.

Could your shampoo/shower gel be exacerbating the issue RCK? Could be worth changing to something very gentle.

Tigger1 wrote: »

Yeah I'm grateful to have them but I find the reassurance doesn't last much more than a day.

They also now think I had a condition called cholestasis with Max. I mentioned an itch at 37 weeks and was told it was nothing, but it seems likely it was. Just breaks my heart. It's 70% likely to reoccur so I'll be closely watched and induced as early as possible if it happens.

Hope you all start to feel a bit better soon xx

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Yeah I'm grateful to have them but I find the reassurance doesn't last much more than a day.

They also now think I had a condition called cholestasis with Max. I mentioned an itch at 37 weeks and was told it was nothing, but it seems likely it was. Just breaks my heart. It's 70% likely to reoccur so I'll be closely watched and induced as early as possible if it happens.

Hope you all start to feel a bit better soon xx
    Sorry to hear that Thumpette. It's very hard to hear that I'd imagine. While there is nothing you could have done yourself, it makes the 'what ifs' all the harder. Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AineQ

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Hi all, hope everyone is keeping well.

Can anyone recommend any hints/tips for very dry and irritated skin... I know it's more than likely hormonal but my face and chest have terrible acne and my skin is very dry and broken.

I thought I was allergic to Bio-oil but I've stopped using that and just using my normal moisturiser but still the same.

It's quite sore and irritated at the moment :(

On a more positive note only 2 more weeks till our next scan :)))

Hi RCK1406,

My skin is the same as yours. I'm heading for my GP check up this morning. I'm going to get him to check it out, it's really getting me down! Will let you know what he says!

AineQ wrote: »
    Hi RCK1406,

My skin is the same as yours. I'm heading for my GP check up this morning. I'm going to get him to check it out, it's really getting me down! Will let you know what he says!

Aw please do I'm the same as you really getting me down something that I'm not used to at all never suffered with acne!!

Let me know if ye find anything that works for your acne ladies!

Thumpette what makes them think now you had cholestasis? Is it just because of the itch?

I've a headache again today not sure if its hormonal or from the high blood pressure!

I also suffer with headaches, touch wood I haven't had one in a few days think it's cause I'm back to work with a routine and eating at normal hours and normal food!

Also increased water intake this week too so hopefully it will help ease them!

I suffer from low blood pressure so doc doesn't think it's from that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AineQ

RCK1406 wrote: »
    I also suffer with headaches, touch wood I haven't had one in a few days think it's cause I'm back to work with a routine and eating at normal hours and normal food!

Also increased water intake this week too so hopefully it will help ease them!

I suffer from low blood pressure so doc doesn't think it's from that :/
    Hey RCK1406,

So I was at my GP this morning.

Showed him my skin, especially my back area. He said it's more than likely caused by an overload of hormones. I was on the pill for 9 years before getting pregnant and he said it could be my body withdrawing from that as the pill has brilliant effects on the skin.

I too have been suffering with horrendous headaches across the top of my forehead over the last week or so. I have always had low blood pressure, today it was 96/50. He feels its all just part of the course! Hoping they'll pass over next few weeks.

AineQ wrote: »
    Hey RCK1406,

So I was at my GP this morning.

Showed him my skin, especially my back area. He said it's more than likely caused by an overload of hormones. I was on the pill for 9 years before getting pregnant and he said it could be my body withdrawing from that as the pill has brilliant effects on the skin

I too have been suffering with horrendous headaches across the top of my forehead over the last week or so. I have always had low blood pressure, today it was 96/50. He feels its all just part of the course! Hoping they'll pass over next few weeks.

Hi Aine,

Thanks for that, I was on the pill for ages too to try keep my PCOS and symptoms of that to a minimum so I'd say my body and hormones have no idea what's going on!! it's what I had thought so will make sure I keep moisturised and keep the food & water intake good. Prob part and parcel of it, could be worse I suppose!

Thanks again :)

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Let me know if ye find anything that works for your acne ladies!

Thumpette what makes them think now you had cholestasis? Is it just because of the itch?

I've a headache again today not sure if its hormonal or from the high blood pressure!

Yeah the itch, combined with the fact it was gone within the hour of Max's birth, combined with the unexplained stillbirth. It's not definite but it's a strong indication. 😔

• Advertisement

Yeah the itch, combined with the fact it was gone within the hour of Max's birth, combined with the unexplained stillbirth. It's not definite but it's a strong indication. 😔
    I suppose you will be even more conscious of every little symptom this time regardless, I'm sure you won't rest until this baby is safely in your arms

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Hi all! Just wondering when are we supposed to be visiting the GP again? I'm 17 weeks yesterday and I simply cannot remember when we are supposed to go to the GP!!!! Baby Brain! Thanks :)

T1986 wrote: »
    Hi all! Just wondering when are we supposed to be visiting the GP again? I'm 17 weeks yesterday and I simply cannot remember when we are supposed to go to the GP!!!! Baby Brain! Thanks :)

I went at 18 weeks but mostly because I wanted the flu vax. They didn't seem to interested in seeing me at that stage but were very firm on returning at 24 weeks.

Anyone else starting antenatal classes soon? Is it normal to bring your husband? I forgot to ask when booking

T1986 wrote: »

I went at 16 weeks I'm already booked back in to see the clinic for a glucose test at 24 weeks, not sure if they'll do a routine check up there too. But, my GP also said to go back to her around 24 weeks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Yep I just went to GP yesterday at 18 weeks and I'm back with midwife at 25 weeks, have my big scan in between! Theres a great list of dates in the domino scheme book on holles street website that I'd be lost without, maybe your hospital has something similar?

anndub wrote: »

Anyone else starting antenatal classes soon? Is it normal to bring your husband? I forgot to ask when booking

I did the 6 antenatal classes with the rotunda last time and no men allowed to the first class but more than welcome after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

Thanks everyone for your replies! I will contact my doctor next week and ask about booking an apt. I tried to find some info from CUMH but didn't come across anything specific.
    I would imagine that your husband would be more then welcome at the antenatal class as it will benefit you both to be present!

BriarPatch wrote: »

I did the 6 antenatal classes with the rotunda last time and no men allowed to the first class but more than welcome after that!

Thanks briarpatch. They're the ones I've signed up for.

Did you find them useful? Or can you remember which ones it was must useful for your partner to attend? I'm working on the assumption he won't be able to make all five.

Thanks briarpatch. They're the ones I've signed up for.

Did you find them useful? Or can you remember which ones it was must useful for your partner to attend? I'm working on the assumption he won't be able to make all five.
    I enjoyed them and I found them interesting,
    If he can't make them all I would recommend class 2 and 6, they are the physio ones she goes through how to support you partner during labour , exercises to help her with etc

• Advertisement

Just back to work after our anatomy scan and very pleased to see everything was perfect with the baby. I was really nervous going in due to having a miscarriage in July but feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

We also found out it's a baby girl.

Advertisement