Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Alexa and Echo FAQ

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

degsie wrote: »
    How to you listen to the recordings?

I can listen back to recordings which the echo acted on by logging onto the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

For those having problems getting app on iPhone. read the following for why you might not have "none" as option for payment

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT203905

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭oinkely

Can anyone tell me if there is a different amazon alexa login page for .co.uk and .com - can only seem to get a .com one and can't find an energenie mihome skill that shouls supposedly be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

oinkely wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is a different amazon alexa login page for .co.uk and .com - can only seem to get a .com one and can't find an energenie mihome skill that shouls supposedly be there?
    You are probably registered as a US account, online chat to amazon support should sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Pinkman

The Guardian skill is gone on my App - same with alexa.amazon.co.uk. I did a search and nothing comes up. Anyone know what the issue might be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You are probably registered as a US account, online chat to amazon support should sort that out.

This is exactly what happened to me. Support sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭oinkely

thanks Degsie

Got that sorted and now have the energenie mihome skill sorted. However can't find the d'link skill now!

Grrrrr - this is getting annoying!

anyone got a d'link wifi plug to work with alexa on a UK account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Can't get it to accept an Irish address, even rejects the ones that it predicts based on what I'm typing? Looked up addresses in bing maps, and won't accept them either..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Some happened to me I just had to keep trying different ones and then one nearby worked. Bit ridiculous that it cont accept the ones its suggesting to you.

In saying that, when I ask "What's the weather like" it reports from somewhere that's 21 degrees. Sounds like "Liason" but no idea where that is, or why its reporting that when I've set the location already/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Zascar wrote: »
    Some happened to me I just had to keep trying different ones and then one nearby worked. Bit ridiculous that it cont accept the ones its suggesting to you.

In saying that, when I ask "What's the weather like" it reports from somewhere that's 21 degrees. Sounds like "Liason" but no idea where that is, or why its reporting that when I've set the location already/

Le-son in Japan. Log in to alexa.amazon.co.uk and view your history. Happens me too, I have my address set to O'Connell Street in Dublin and I still have to specify where I want.

• Advertisement

Roen wrote: »
    Le-son in Japan. Log in to alexa.amazon.co.uk and view your history. Happens me too, I have my address set to O'Connell Street in Dublin and I still have to specify where I want.

Activate the Big Sky skill - you set your location on their website and then just say "Alexa Big Sky"

Just wondering - is Leeson St an address it recognises hence it going to Le-son in Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Alexa can tell me the score in a match but when I ask who scored she can't find the answer, thought it would be a common sense follow in question

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Alexa can tell me the score in a match but when I ask who scored she can't find the answer, thought it would be a common sense follow in question

Ya, haven't found a way to ask for scorers either

Ok have set up Dot and really impressed with it. Linked it to Spotify and kids love it, little girl turns around and goes "I love Aleixiaaaaa" :-) Only because it plays all the disney music she wants :-)

I added the Sports so it gives updates but is there ways to restrict to some sports? like just read out updates on Rugby?

Ok have set up Dot and really impressed with it. Linked it to Spotify and kids love it, little girl turns around and goes "I love Aleixiaaaaa" :-) Only because it plays all the disney music she wants :-)

I added the Sports so it gives updates but is there ways to restrict to some sports? like just read out updates on Rugby?

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Trying to do this too. Can't find any rugby teams. Plenty of soccerball teams alright but no rugby

Actually just spotted this:
    Supported Leagues:
    EPL - English Premier League
    BL - Bundesliga
    MLB - Major League Baseball
    MLS Major League Soccer
    NBA - National Basketball Association
    NCAA men’s basketball - National Collegiate Athletic Association
    NCAA FBS football - National Collegiate Athletic Association: Football Bowl Subdivision
    NFL - National Football League
    NHL - National Hockey League
    WNBA - Women's National Basketball Association

Not a real sport listed there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 UnReasonable

Anyone else getting a white screen when they open the Alexa app? I'm on a an android (version 6.0.1) HTC One M8 phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barfran

Hi
    Someone said here they didn't have to specify Spotify each time . I have to. I have it set to Spotify as default in app. Do I have to do it on PC.
    Thankyou

• Advertisement

Once spotify is set as default you can just tell it to play without saying on spotify.

Orion wrote: »
    Once spotify is set as default you can just tell it to play without saying on spotify.

I have but it still doesn't work can't change the bottom one

barfran wrote: »
    I have but it still doesn't work can't change the bottom one

Wonder if its because you have a US account.

Wonder if its because you have a US account.

Thanks
    Do I have to change that on PC .
    Thanks

barfran wrote: »
    Thanks
    Do I have to change that on PC .
    Thanks

Use a pc to get onto online chat with amazon support. They will sort you out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Use a pc to get onto online chat with amazon support. They will sort you out.

Where is the chat exactly? Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

Zascar wrote: »
    Where is the chat exactly? Do you have a link?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

Chat not available at the moment because of high volume but try again in a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

You get the local skills. E.g. british news (bbc, guardian etc) and can play spotify without specifying on spotify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Pinkman

Unlike the US one, the UK doesn't seem to allow you to put the flash briefs in order.

Is Wiki Brains the only skill of it's kind? It seems pretty poor to me. I thought Alexa would be similar to Siri where you could just ask it, for example"ask Wiki brains how old Bruce Springsteen is" was but it doesn't work. Am I missing something?

Advertisement