Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

• 05-12-2016 4:14pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is a common subject at this time of the year, so here is a sticky thread with information for people looking for it. Someone suggested this sticky, I thought it was a good idea.

Are tickets hard to get?

Games against England, France, New Zealand, Australia: Very difficult for Joe Public. Likely to have to know someone or just get lucky.

Games against Wales, Argentina, South Africa: Pretty difficult. Very few end up on ticketmaster, but more than the teams above.

Games against Scotland, Italy, Tier Two nations: There are usually some Scotland tickets on Ticketmaster come Six Nations time but not a whole lot. Italy is usually ok to get tickets for but a lot of the tickets in the Six Nations are sold in a package. Tier Two teams (in the Autumn) are usually easy to get tickets for and often don't come close to selling out.

What are the options for getting a ticket?

The main ways to get a ticket are:

- Through a rugby club
    - Through the IRFU supporters club
    - Provincial lottery
    - Ticketmaster

Rugby Club - you'll have to join a club or know someone in a club to have any chance here. Most clubs will sell their allocation to members easily, and there'll be none left over for public sale. If you are buying through a club expect to pay more than face value for the ticket as clubs will add on an extra charge to help with the running of their club. Clubs generally get a mixture of category A and category B tickets. Some clubs will not sell individual tickets and will only sell them in a block of all the games in that series (or even all the games in that season).

IRFU Supporters club - costs 50 quid a year per-person and gives you access to a relatively small number of tickets for matches. You are not guaranteed a ticket for being a member, nor are you guaranteed to even get offered for any particular game. I've never got a ticket this way, but I've heard in the past that the seats offered may not be great. They generally do not have a good variety of tickets available. For the Six Nations the tickets usually become available late November / early December.

Provincial lottery - each province gets an allocation of tickets to distribute to it's season ticket holders. The number of season ticket holders outnumbers the number of tickets by a LOT. This option just comes down to pure luck. They generally do not have a good variety of tickets (they may only have expensive seats or they may only have the cheap seats).

Ticketmaster - they get the remainder to sell. For Italy and Scotland at home you will usually get a ticket if you log on at the right time. For the tier two Autumn game tickets are easily found. For other fixtures it really is just pure luck of being online at the right time. In recent years the IRFU have bundled tickets for games so there were hardly any individual tickets for individual matches. This means for example if you wanted to buy the New Zealand game you had to also buy a ticket to Canada.

Tickets are also held back for sponsors, partners, schools, competitions etc etc.

Where should I sit?

Firstly, you are likely to have little to no choice in your ticket, especially for the bigger games. However, if you do get a choice then read on.

Tickets are usually broken into category A and B. Category A tickets are more expensive than category B. In general category A is along the side of the pitch and category B is behind the goals and in the corners. This excludes premium and corporate level tickets.

The actual seat is just pure luck. Some category B seats are better than some category A seats, it all comes down to your preference. For example, a seat in the upper tier in the corner about 10 rows back is a better seat than row A in the lower deck on the half way line. You will get a far better view of the game.

In my opinion the first 10-15 rows of the upper tier provide the best view in the house. The lower tier has you closer to the action but the lower rows of this tier are so low that you'll lose all sense of depth with action on the other side of the field to you. You will find yourself watching the screens for significant portions of the game. The lower tier is very shallow, the upper tier a lot steeper.

Premium level - what's that?

This is the middle tier in the stadium. The views are good, the seats are padded and more spaced out. The queues at the bar tend to be smaller because there are less people.

They are also more expensive.

Tickets for away games

To my knowledge the IRFU generally don't get involved in away ticket sales. If you want to attend an away Six Nations match the tickets are usually bought through the home union or travel partners / hospitality partners (expect to pay through the arse).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Some rugby clubs and travel companies sell tickets to games by way of entertainment packages. These take the form of a pre match drinks reception or meal, usually at a local hotel or rugby club and a guaranteed ticket to the game. Guest appearances from ex players or rugby celebrities are par for the course; there may be drinks and food laid on during and after the games for some of the packages. Occasionally these events take place in one or other of the suites on Level 4 in the Aviva; this is the tier above the premium seats.

Like premium tickets, they cost through the nose and then some. For these packages you can expect to pay multiples of the regular match ticket plus VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Brewster

Most rugby clubs do take an allocation for away six nations games. The IRFU always take an allocation. Sometimes it's easier to get an away six nations ticket through a rugby club rather than a home game, with one obvious exception being Twickenham. Great and accurate post otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fintanmac

The IRFU supporters club seems to be the worst value ever. Did anyone get tickets for either match?? Sold out in two minutes??

So a question for the IRFU how many tickets did they put up??

• Administrators Posts: 53,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just as a reminder, buying and selling of tickets is not allowed on here. We have had some issues recently so we will be strict on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I would like to add, for the Aviva/Lansdowne Rd..

Do not buy tickets outside the ground. 99% are blocked so you are waisting money.
    You will not get in.

Don't sell duplicate tickets if you have reported them lost/stolen thinking you will make a few €€€.

You will be pulled out the ground and Garda involved. Its fraud.

If you have not got tickets in the post, report it to whoever issued them (IRFU or Ticketmaster).

Replacements can be collected on the day but you need to be there well before kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Ronaldo1971

I am trying to sell my Ireland England tickets, but it states no resale of the tickets. Ive never had this problem as ive been getting tickets from IRFU ballots for 16 years without any issue if needed to re sell.

I understand this is an issue to keep from touts but tickets where purchased in december in official issuing and sometimes plans chage or life complicates things.

Anyone ever had this issue? any help appreciated should i contact IRFU and argue my case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I am trying to sell my Ireland England tickets, but it states no resale of the tickets. Ive never had this problem as ive been getting tickets from IRFU ballots for 16 years without any issue if needed to re sell.

I understand this is an issue to keep from touts but tickets where purchased in december in official issuing and sometimes plans chage or life complicates things.

Anyone ever had this issue? any help appreciated should i contact IRFU and argue my case?

There is no issue in selling valid tickets on if your name is on the ticket. If a clubs name is on the ticket and it gets into the wrong hands, you could cause problems for future ticket holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Timbuckedtwo

I am moving to Dublin and thinking of joining one of the rugby clubs as a pavilion member as I am too old to play but like the atmosphere and camaraderie. I see Lansdowne offer pavilion membership for example. My question is do you have a chance to also get International tickets such as Ireland-England in a draw as happens in clubs down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/39790.php#.WR7qb2grLIU

Tickets for the Autumn games vs South Africa, Fiji and Argentina are on sale too supporters club members next Weds 24th May at 10am

Six Nations 2018 Home Ticket Prices

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/tickets/index.php

Wales Italy Scotland
    Category 1 Stand 90.00 70.00 80.00
    Category 2 Stand 75.00 60.00 70.00
    Category 3 Stand 60.00 45.00 55.00
    Category 4 Stand 45.00 35.00 40.00
    Category A1 Stand 105.00 105.00 105.00
    Premium Level 120.00 110.00 110.00
    Restricted View Cat 1 45.00 35.00 40.00
    Restricted View Cat 2 37.50 30.00 35.00
    Restricted View Cat 3 30.00 22.50 27.50
    Restricted View Cat 4 22.50 17.50 20.00
    School 20.00 15.00 15.00

Home game dates
    Sat 10 Feb- Vs Italy- 14.15
    Sat 24 Feb- vs Wales- 14.15
    Sat 10 Mar- vs Scotland- 14.15

Away dates
    Sat 3 Feb- vs France- 17.45
    Sat 17 Mar- vs England- 14.45

No ticket news yet from the IRFU Supporters club but expect news very soon. There may be 3 game packages available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cw87

Ireland v France tickets for 6 Nations are now available on Stade France website. Tickets are downloadable.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Did the supporters club do a chartered trip to the England game last time? I remember they did for the away game before that? Does anyone remember the price? Be tempted to do it. England is the only away 6ns I haven't done.

• Administrators Posts: 53,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

awec wrote: »
    Just as a reminder, buying and selling of tickets is not allowed on here. We have had some issues recently so we will be strict on this.

*cough*

Posts deleted.

last year the IRFU supporters club ticket sale happened on the 10th Dec

best to keep checking your emails over the next few weeks and hopefully we might get information on a sale for the 2018 championship. Not expecting Wales and Scotland tickets to go on public sale, limited Italy tickets might (only might)

the MRSC are having a sale for its full members for the Italy home game and a lottery for the Wales and Scotland game. They received 400 tickets for each game

The Irish Rugby supporters club have stated they will have news of a ticket sale very very soon and expect a sale to happen mid December

The Irish Rugby Supporters club will have there home games ticket sale on Tues 12th Dec at 10am. 2x per member (2x for one game or 1x for 2 games)

if tickets remain they will go on Public sale Thurs 14th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭zambrotta11

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Irish Rugby Supporters club will have there home games ticket sale on Tues 12th Dec at 10am. 2x per member (2x for one game or 1x for 2 games)

Do you know when you have to renew by to have a chance to buy tickets? I have let my membership lapse and forgot to renew!

Do you know when you have to renew by to have a chance to buy tickets? I have let my membership lapse and forgot to renew!

they said just log in as normal and renew

I imagine renew by Monday 11th Dec as that's the day there sending out TM link and codes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

PTH2009 wrote: »

Must be expecting high demand if they are only allowing max of two tickets per member.....and by the sounds of the email, we'll be lucky to get two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

vienne86 wrote: »
    Must be expecting high demand if they are only allowing max of two tickets per member.....and by the sounds of the email, we'll be lucky to get two.

they usually have that limit to give more people a chance at tickets

• Advertisement

ticket sale for the home games for members of the IRFU supporters club go on sale 2morrow morning at 10am

Members should have been emailed the links and password

sadly wont make the games but i have passed on my password to a friend so hopefully he gets tickets

best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭pawrick

I was about to renew my membership and spotted that they already sent me the log in code for ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

success for me anyway

tickets to both wales and scotland secured by us

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Rocko

Tickets seem to be gone within a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

2 years in a row with nothing...sin é for my membership of the supporters club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭pawrick

Ok got my tickets to the Ireland v Wales game, I've been very lucky over the years with my membership.

If for any reason I'm unable to attend I'll stick the tickets up on the IRFU supporters forum. First time the ticketmaster website ran smoothly for me for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

I messed up this morning, in the time it took me to check what tickets were available between Scotland and Wales game, I got screwed up in my browser! (didn't realise TM did this..) by time it was sorted, tickets were gone. :-(

So just took 2 Italian tickets instead. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I got Scotland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Missed out, really wanted Scotland tickets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭vixdname

Got 2 tickets for the Wales game, (Xmas pressie for me and the father in law), cant says Ive ever had problems getting tickets via the supporters club early releases.

Are all tickets available this morning gone already ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement