Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EPH Ember

14567810»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Did you ever get this sorted?

Struggling here to get the unit to pair back up to the Wi-Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Comerman

Hi folks, we had an ember ps 2 zone system installed a few years ago and find it more frustrating than anything else, can I ask if it's possible to have it taken out and if so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

So if anyone has the Ember setup with Alexa (via Ember Programmer skill) they may have been frustrated by the lack of a BOOST option.

A few days ago I noted the thermostat zones showed in the alexa app with some modes listed.

• Heat
    • Auto
    • On/OFF

So it turns out the boost option is equivalent to the mode heat

if you want to boost your heating you can say , Alexa set heating zone to heat

or

boost your hot water say , alexa set hot water zone to heat

Can setup Routines to do this too based on various inputs or phrases you want.

e.g

Alexa , its cold!

or

Alexa , boost the heat

Hopefully this helps some people as it was frustrating to me not having the boost in Alexa

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Does that leave it boosted indefinitely?

If so you might want to add two more actions, a Wait one for X minutes and one to switch back to Auto mode.

• Advertisement

No, it boosts for 1 hour , like the Ember App boost option. To cancel the boost you can say Alexa, set the heating zone to auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭The devils

I replaced my eph last year didn't go for eph ember very poor reviews.

Anyway replaced with hive very easy to do - wiring a little bit of hassle but nothing do hard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

The only plus I can find for the ember system is that you can have the hot water monitored with a thermostat instead of just a timer. But I'll probably look to replace some time this year too. I had Tado in my rental last year and found it very good.

I've also noticed that EPH are launching a eTRV but it doesn't mention if it works with the other systems https://www.ephcontrols.com/section/etrv/

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just recently the 2 zones disappeared off my ember app and i cant see any option in the app to add zones.

Anyone have any idea how i can add the zones back?

I had 2 zones, 1 for water and 1 for heating

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭seanvox

Have you tried pairing the gateway with the app again? Sounds like that might be the issue: https://youtu.be/GcIs3GjxZ5c?si=KDMRAHajzOMfrlaZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Yes i paired the gateway again (have the green light) and its connected but the zones are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Not trying to be funny but did you try turning it off and on again? The control panel, not the app. Use the isolation switch or just flip the relevant breaker for 10 seconds.

Alexa app and skill were working fine until this morning I noticed a problem with communications. devices showed as unresponsive in alexa.

I tried reset the wifi on ember gateway and took about 7 attempts to get it to work. Then tried disabling the zones and the skill in the alexa app and reanabling. it reconnects to skill but could not re-discover the hot water or heating zones, these are working in the ember APP however.

Have emailed EPH support to see if they know of any issues with alexa and or the skill not working.

Anyone else seeing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Yes same for me. I've also done the same trouble shooting as you with no success. I am mailing EPH support as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shz

I have had this same problem starting earlier this week. Have had no problem for the past year but can't get it to reconnect. Have you managed to fix it?

I've exhausted the limits of my technical ability. I've mailed EPH and we'll see what they say if anything. It's not the end of the world given the App is functioning fine, but its annoying…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Comerman

+353 21 434 6238 I have this number for a while for support, worth a try

Looks like whatever was causing the issue has been resolved. Mine is working fine with Alexa today.

Back working again here , had to re-discover the thermostats again and rename them so my routines worked. I have mine re-named hot water zone and heating zone and they discover as just hot water and heating. All good again. hopefully won't need the heating too much during the next few months :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

No chance they'd update the functionality to allow different temps at different times like every other smart heating control I suppose?

• Advertisement
Advertisement