Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

• 06-04-2017 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Looks like I'm starting this one. Got my positive last weekend and I'm currently 4+3. It's my second and the nausea has kicked in early unfortunately!

Anyone else out there yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭justwhatithink

Yes I'm in. The first and not planned but here I am, 4+1, trying to get my head around it.

This evening I've got a sharp pain on my right side as a reaction to movement...cough or deep intake of breath, if I twist around or moving when I'm lying on the couch. Feels like a muscle or something pulling, not constant pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yes I'm in. The first and not planned but here I am, 4+1, trying to get my head around it.

This evening I've got a sharp pain on my right side as a reaction to movement...cough or deep intake of breath, if I twist around or moving when I'm lying on the couch. Feels like a muscle or something pulling, not constant pain.

Sounds like round ligament pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

There are two of us! I've nausea already, two almost vomiting which is ridiculous for this early!

Thanks for that, I've had a google now and sound like that might be it though didn't think it would be so early feeling the symptoms.

Oh no, so early..! I've no nausea yet, just the boobs, niggley pains and what seems like this round ligament business which is quite uncomfortable but has eased off today to be fair. Main objective is to get passed the freaking out stage right now..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Thanks for that, I've had a google now and sound like that might be it though didn't think it would be so early feeling the symptoms.

I've had it since 7dpo with this pregnancy (I'm 7/8 weeks), it was one of the things that made me test! Had it from 6 weeks last time, I wouldn't have thought it would start so early either but the stabby pains when I move in bed at night say otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

I'm cautiously joining 5+5 not having many symptoms so am booked in for an early scan on the 20th fingers crossed til then

Congrats spottybananas and geez. I'm going to book a private scan myself for 8/9 weeks for reassurance. For now the nausea and the darkening lines are keeping me sane

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I'm in, 4+2 today. Completely in shock.

lashes you've had a hard time getting here right?? Congratulations-thats amazing news!!

• Advertisement

lashes you've had a hard time getting here right?? Congratulations-thats amazing news!!

Yep 4 rounds of treatment but am feeling very lucky to get to this stage. Going to ring my fertility clinic and GP tomorrow.

Congrats Lashes that is great news

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bibid

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum and boards! I just found out I'm pregnant and thought I would look around this forum for any info I can gather! My due date is apparently 6th December.

Could someone tell me what '4+1' or '5+5' means?

Bibid wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum and boards! I just found out I'm pregnant and thought I would look around this forum for any info I can gather! My due date is apparently 6th December.

Could someone tell me what '4+1' or '5+5' means?

Congrats! It's the amount of time since your last period, 4+2 is 4 weeks and 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Congrats lashes brilliant news!! Felt a bit sick this morning delighted as I wasn't having loads of symptoms

My GP gave me a Mother & Infant Scheme application form to fill out and send in to get the free GP appointments etc. But it says at the end of the form to return to Community Care office in either Galway, Mayo or Roscommon.....I'm based in West Dublin, so this doesn't seem right. I asked the GP secretary which to send it to and she hadn't a breeze and started talking about the Coombe.

Anyone know where it's supposed to go to...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bibid

Thank you lashes34! :) Then I am 5+6 :)

I don't know about the form, my GP just got me to sign it, haven't a clue otherwise what was on it.

Have a scan in 2 weeks with my fertility clinic to check for a heartbeat and fingers crossed that goes well I can come off my hormone pump and onto progesterone.

How's everyone feeling? I'm so tired, nauseous and cramping but kinda happy to have symptoms!

I did a bit of digging and eventually found where to send that form so that box is ticked now at least :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll be glad to have your scan lashes and be able to move to the next stage. The symptoms are reassuring alright, the waiting can be a bit frustrating.

I think I had my first wave of sickness this evening just as I went to a dentists appointment ... the nurse was lovely and took me aside with some lucozade cause I was feeling pretty awful and really pale. Can't handle being a car passenger at all or I'm getting nausea. Fairly wrecked too with headaches but the boob swelling has eased off a little.

I find it frustrating not knowing exactly if my date is right and exactly how I should be feeling and if everything is normal (yes I'm a control freak)...but I guess it's not a cookie cutter process from one woman to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

HI ladies, got my bfp today absolutely delighted, a bit apprehensive as I miscarried in August, currently 4+2 due December 18th, congratulations to you all 🙂

• Advertisement

Welcome decmum!

I threw up the first time this evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Welcome decmum!

I threw up the first time this evening :(

Oh no feel queasy myself today ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

So Happy someone set this up! When I got my Positive there was no due December yet. I am 6 weeks and 5 days! I am feeling a bit weird about it had a miscarriage at the end of February then found out I was pregnant again 4 weeks later so I am excited but very apprehensive. Though when the miscarriage the pregnancy tests never got that dark so I have been checking like a crazy person and the test lines have gone darker then than control. This is my second. Have people booked in with their doctor I can't remember what way it all works my daughter is 2 1/2. I know I can book in for a early scan with early pregnancy unit in the rotunda after my miscarriage they told me that. I have felt a bit of nausea​ which I am so delighted about as it's a good sign....Weird to be excited about it I know but I will welcome it all if it means a healthy pregnancy! Hope everyone is getting on well!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Hi Ladies, posting cautiously here as I hope I am not jinking things by saying we are pregnant. If we are lucky enough to be it will be our first. I've taken 3 clearblue tests since Monday which all have been positive​. I'm (hopefully) almost 5 weeks. I've been away all week with work so cant see my GP until Tuesday next, holding off the celebrations until confirmation.

I do however have a few questions as a hopefully first time Mammy.

- I've been having these feelings, what I can only describe as "flutters" definitely not like cramps or pain I'd associated with period. TBH these flutters were my first indication that my there was something going on other than my period. Guessing it's something associated with my uterus changing to accommodate the pregnancy. Anyone else have same symptoms?

- I live in North Dublin and work in city center. Holles Street would be closest hospital. I've heard of friends and colleagues doing public, private and semi private but no clue what it means. I do have health insurance also but not sure what that cover's either!

- Scan's.... When do you normally get first one? Have heard of people getting earlier one's privately.. not sure what that about.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi!

Long time poster here but very thankful for the anon posting ability!

Got confirmation this morning I'm pregnant- 4+3 I think! Late period, but also 'knew?' about a week or so ago?

Shocked, delighted, terrified, excited, anxious- all the feelings. We had only intended on 'starting' this month so obviously got lucky quick! EDD is 20th Dec..christmas time!

Haven't really got a fiddlers where to start or what to do...carry on as normal I guess for the forseeable?!!

Congrats and best wishes to all ye on here- guess we shall be getting very acquainted!

Congrats missjuly and Lainey.

I'm checking in with my GP next week and he'll refer me on to the Coombe although I could choose to self refer if I like.

Lainey, in my case I'm confident that the flutters are gas which is really common due to hormone changes

I only know the coombe but essentially
    Public: automatically GP/hospital combo care unless you qualify for Midwife led. I didn't. Waiting times for clinics can be long. I went public and am doing so again. I had lots of issues on mine and was well cared for. Transferred fully to hospital by third trimester and had multiple scans. Post natal wards are a bit mental-up to 6 beds. You don't see the same doc everytime, it could be one of their team. In my case I knew them all by the end!

Semiprivate
    Consultant generally for appointments, less likely to be the team. Semiprivate room IF available. How many beds in it depends on the hospital. Costs about 1200 I believe (anecdotally) and usually you can't get much of that back from your health insurance

Private
    See your consultant for appointments. Private room IF available. Costs about 5k I believe

You can see I know more about public but have a browse there are lots of threads.

-booking appointment is at 12 weeks and you usually get a dating scan then too. I cant remember the exact schedule after that because I had so many other appointments that weren't 'normal'.

-I'm booking a private scan for 9 weeks. If you have a heartbeat then the miscarriage rate drops to 2% which is reassuring. We did it last time too and it costs about 100e

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Thanks mirrorwall. I didn't know that statistic I rang the rotunda to book for my early scan in the epu hopefully they will get back to me next week. Going to go to gp next week. How is everyone feeling symptom wise. I am off my food a bit... Ordered Chinese last night as a Friday treat it's usually my favorite, just couldn't eat it! Also my hubbie got me a french fancy the other day, another of my faves I couldn't finish because it was "too sweet" not like me at all. It's probably a good a thing really! Weirdly instead if nice things been craving lots of fruit and hearty type food. Slightly afraid of ballooning I am heavier at the start of this pregnancy than my last 🙈. Keeping having to remind myself...No your not eating for two...At least not till the third trimester lol

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Thanks mirrorwall , good to get that detail and insight.

Symptom wise aside from the "flutters" aka gas I'm dead tired. This weekend giving me luxury of napping so will be an interesting week ahead with work!

Will be interested to see how today, Easter Sunday goes with all thing's sweet. Felt quite nauseous yesterday after a giant cookie.

Welcome ladies :D

Its not a good sign of whats to come when Im awake since 3am with nausea :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I'm 5 weeks today! Have a scan next week with my fertility clinic to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy.

Advertisement