Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

So sorry you are going through this mirrorwall. It's tough going I hope your GP will be some kind of help and support. Thinking of you. Also just to say I has a miscarriage at the end of February ( though you don't know that's what's happening so fingers crossed for you). But it is scary and confusing but just to say it doesn't make it easier but that's totally normal xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

So sorry to hear your news mirrorwall. Sending love xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thank you everyone. Thumpette I hope everything is going ok for you.

The bleed tapered off yesterday evening and its gone back to just on wipe. I didn't even spot my pad overnight so we've booked a private scan for 215 to see whats going on. I can't decide if i'm more stressed by the thought of going for it or relieved to have made the decision to go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

The bleed tapered off yesterday evening and its gone back to just on wipe. I didn't even spot my pad overnight so we've booked a private scan for 215 to see whats going on. I can't decide if i'm more stressed by the thought of going for it or relieved to have made the decision to go for it!
    Best of luck and sorry to hear you are going through this x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

All good with me thanks (apart from in my head!)

That's good news the bleeding g has stopped- what a rollercoaster.

Keeping everything crossed for you xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Good luck Mirrorwall - keep us posted xx

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Good luck mirror wall fingers crossed for you

All done guys. Nearly clear oalready thank god so no more crazy bleeding or clots left to go. Go to the ultrasound Thursday to confirm the last of the lining has cleared.

I'm so relieved to know. I'm sad obviously and upset but the certainty is so much easier to cope with.

The very best of luck to every one with your pregnancies and I hope you all have awesome babies in December!

Aw Mirrorwall I was hoping for good news. Mind yourself, so sorry this has happened to you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

All done guys. Nearly clear oalready thank god so no more crazy bleeding or clots left to go. Go to the ultrasound Thursday to confirm the last of the lining has cleared.

I'm so relieved to know. I'm sad obviously and upset but the certainty is so much easier to cope with.

The very best of luck to every one with your pregnancies and I hope you all have awesome babies in December!

Sorry to hear that. I miscarried my first pregnancy in September so I totally get that feeling of relief when the situation is clarified. Please take time to just mind yourself. I am really only feeling the grief now and I am 10 weeks pregnant. It is funny how it hits you. Take care x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Sorry to hear that Mirrorwall but glad you got some clarity on the situation. The not knowing must have been awful. Take care of yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Oh mirrorwall​ so sorry to hear your news. Best wishes for the future. Hopefully next time round it's ment to be xXx

PS horrified at how unsupportive the healthcare services have been during this time. The emotional stress you and your partner have gone through just isn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Lainey_b01 wrote: »

PS horrified at how unsupportive the healthcare services have been during this time. The emotional stress you and your partner have gone through just isn't on.

They can be shocking. I rang Holles Street after my first bleed and they basically said that there was nothing they could do about it and to take a test in two weeks and ring them if I was still pregnant. I immediately phoned the Rotunda and they had me in for a scan the following day. Needless to say I am with the Rotunda for this pregnancy.

I agree the hospital can be so unsupportive, we had the same experience with our miscarriage last august, I started to bleed on a Sunday and I went to a+e who scanned and didn't give me any information even when I asked was there a heartbeat, I should have been 9 and half weeks. I was told to come back to my scheduled appointment at 12 weeks which I did to be told everything had stopped at 7 weeks, I was mad as I could have been dealt with alot earlier. I gave out to them when I went back for my d+c,

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

So sorry Mirrorwall! Look after yourself and take it easy. Best of luck in the future x

Loveinapril I agree the Rotunda are great I rang a and e in February when I started bleeding and they told me to come in. Even after I had been seen by the midwife I was like yeah I'm pretty sure it's a miscarriage think I'll go home she was so insistent I stay they scanned me took blood for hcg and told me to come back in 48 hours for more bloods. Doctors were great and I was scanned by a junior and then had a second scan with a more senior doctor. When the midwife rang me to confirm it was a miscarriage she was very supportive. I ended up getting pregnant literally 2 or 3 weeks after miscarriage which wasn't really the plan wanted to wait at least two months. But I'm booked in for a 10 week scan in epu and early booking appointment.

Also I didn't mean to come across blasé like ah I'll just go home I just felt to emotional and stressed to be there !

The clarity is great. I feel like I've come out from under water holding my breath tbh. My GP has been super. I'm on a cert for the week with orders to rest and to come back on Friday if I need a second week (which I don't think I will).

The health service are pretty rubbish in these situations from what I can make out, there is literally no information given-thank God for the internet. I seem to be lucky to be getting a scan at all even if it is Thursday. TBH I don't know why they didn't just do my HCG bloods on Friday and today-it would have been obvious and probably no need for a scan at all then just test in a week or two until I get a negative pregnancy test. And I only know that from google. Literally everything I know is from google or the net.

I'm totally exhausted and dizzy which GP says is blood loss so keep taking my iron and rest.

It will all work out. This too shall pass. Funnily enough I have an appointment for my feet next week and I was hemming and hawing about the xrays but no worries now lol. Similarly there are three bottles of cider in my fridge just waiting to be drank :)

The best of luck girls, hope all goes well for ye. I'll hopefully be back in another thread in six months or so

Edit: decmum that's horrific?!! I'd have been raging!!! And lovemum.

Christ we're not allowed have an abortion but hey if you lose the baby no body seems to give a feck in the health service

The clarity is great. I feel like I've come out from under water holding my breath tbh. My GP has been super. I'm on a cert for the week with orders to rest and to come back on Friday if I need a second week (which I don't think I will).

The health service are pretty rubbish in these situations from what I can make out, there is literally no information given-thank God for the internet. I seem to be lucky to be getting a scan at all even if it is Thursday. TBH I don't know why they didn't just do my HCG bloods on Friday and today-it would have been obvious and probably no need for a scan at all then just test in a week or two until I get a negative pregnancy test. And I only know that from google. Literally everything I know is from google or the net.

I'm totally exhausted and dizzy which GP says is blood loss so keep taking my iron and rest.

It will all work out. This too shall pass. Funnily enough I have an appointment for my feet next week and I was hemming and hawing about the xrays but no worries now lol. Similarly there are three bottles of cider in my fridge just waiting to be drank :)

The best of luck girls, hope all goes well for ye. I'll hopefully be back in another thread in six months or so

Edit: decmum that's horrific?!! I'd have been raging!!! And lovemum.

Christ we're not allowed have an abortion but hey if you lose the baby no body seems to give a feck in the health service

I was raging it only added to the stress, stringing out the inevitable, there should be a protocol in place that takes Into account our mental well-being as well Fingers crossed for your rainbow baby

Hope you're well Mirrorwall.

Had my scan with the fertility clinic on Monday and all ok so far. I have officially been discharged from their care :D

Got my 12 week appointment yesterday but it says to ring to book the scan so I dont know if they are going to be on different days or not. Hopefully not.

How is everyone feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

Morning all. Coming at this from a slightly different perspective as I'm the expectant father :o but got our positive (well 3 as we've been trying ages and wanted to be sure) yesterday and by our estimates our first child is due around mid December and I can't blooming wait :D

I know I can't really offer much in terms of help and feedback, but I'm looking forward to following this thread and seeing what I can expect along the way so I can be at least a little bit helpful to herself as at the moment I'm equal parts excited, terrified and clueless :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Congrats Crestedten and welcome to the thread. It will be interesting to hear to male point of view :)

I had my first scan at my fertility clinic to make sure everything is where is should be and it is. So relieved as I had a horrible dream last night about it. Have another scan with them in 2 weeks time. Made an appointment with my GP for next Thursday to get all that stuff done as well.

Lashes, good to hear your scan went well. I'm feeling grand. A bit tired in the mornings and occasionally mild nausea but it doesn't last long.

Does anyone find time is going sooo slowly! I wish I could fast forward to about 13 weeks.

• Advertisement

Welcome crestedten! Thats really sweet, Im sure she will appreciate that.
    bee06 wrote: »
    I had my first scan at my fertility clinic to make sure everything is where is should be and it is.

Lashes, good to hear your scan went well. I'm feeling grand. A bit tired in the mornings and occasionally mild nausea but it doesn't last long.

Does anyone find time is going sooo slowly! I wish I could fast forward to about 13 weeks.

Glad your scan went well, its very nerve racking isnt it. I have another scan Friday in the hospital so hopefully they'll be happy with everything. Got my 12 week scan booked for same day as first appointment so glad that is sorted.

Slowest ever - seems like forever to get to 12 weeks. Fingers crossed we all get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Congratulations to all and sorry to hear of your loss mirrorwall x
    Anxiously joining due my rainbow baby after two miscarriages on December 13th and so excited but afraid to get too happy about it.
    Although symptoms are 10 times stronger...all day sickness, sore chest, bloating and so so very fatigued...have never felt so drained and at the same time so happy to feel that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi everyone! So glad to have found this group while spending hours googling everything pregnancy related (and after watching one born every minute) 🙈 I'm completely new to this and like all of you feeling every emotion possible from terrible worry to extreme happiness and everything in between. I hope all of you are well and aren't feeling too nauseous. I was sent into the emergency dept. from Now Doc on the 17th April with a pain in my left side (which I thought was related to getting my gangrene appendix removed back in Feb) but after urine and blood tests was told I was pregnant, a little bit of a shock but a good one! I was sent for a scan which didn't show much so they did an internal also which they couldn't really say for sure what they could see as it was so early. My Last period started on the 21st of March. So, I've been getting my bloods done every 48hours since to check my hcg levels and they have been doubling well, the last going from 500 and something to 1399 :) I'm in again today (27th) for more bloods and I'm booked for an early scan on the 8th of May to see if everything is ok. I feel funny, I don't know how to describe the feeling in my tummy! I'm definitely peeing more often and my boobs are sore and I feel a little sick in the morning, also when I get hungry I get really hungry and that's not like me. Right now I'm 5+2 so still really early and myself and my partner are finding it hard not telling everyone 🙈 Any tips and stories please keep me informed I'm so nervous! X

• Registered Users Posts: 5 callmelisa

Hi everyone. I'm new and joining the thread as I'm due on Dec 26. I'm after having a miscarriage with thyroid + PCOS + 4 years of fertility treatment. Nervous time! I'm booked in for a private scan on May 9 to check everything's as it should be. Bleedin' terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

Potentially silly question, but I know pregnant mothers are entitled to paid time off work to attend antenatal appointments, I'm assuming this doesn't extend to the father? Is the father allowed or even encouraged to attend all of these? I've read you can have up to 10 during the pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

crestedten wrote: »
    Potentially silly question, but I know pregnant mothers are entitled to paid time off work to attend antenatal appointments, I'm assuming this doesn't extend to the father? Is the father allowed or even encouraged to attend all of these? I've read you can have up to 10 during the pregnancy.

There's no need for the father to be at most of them, many are just dull appointments checking urine, bloods and blood pressure. Usually the father only goes to appointments with scans included if they can make it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

hey ladies, hope ye don't mind me jumping on board. found out 2 weeks ago we going to have our first. im currently 5+6. have had the round ligement pain and boy was it sore. didn't help when i was driving i can tell ya. im due xmas eve :eek::eek:. Nausea hasn't really kicked in yet but i did get a quick lesson in how my immune system is down to 0. was as sick the day after eating something at a food festival at home. thought it was the nausea setting in but i was grand the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NessB

Hi all, joining this thread, found out Easter week expecting our first. I'm 7 weeks today. All going well so far.
    Just a q regarding maternity care - Thought about semi-private but was worried if anything happened outside "the norm/usual" we wouldn't be able to afford to cover the cost.
    Signed up for public care in the coombe and assigned to Domino care/midwife-led care - any thoughts/advice?
    Thanks & good luck to all fellow due in December mums!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Hey folks another male joining the thread expecting our first due date is 20th of December. Happy I found this thread as it's put the mind a little more at ease finding out that regular cramps and nausea etc and pretty normal. Obviously a little early yet but does anyone have preferences on websites to use to look at pushchairs and moses baskets etc? The excitement is starting to kick in now very difficult to keep it quiet still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Hey folks another male joining the thread expecting our first due date is 20th of December. Happy I found this thread as it's put the mind a little more at ease finding out that regular cramps and nausea etc and pretty normal. Obviously a little early yet but does anyone have preferences on websites to use to look at pushchairs and moses baskets etc? The excitement is starting to kick in now very difficult to keep it quiet still

Congratulations!!! It's such an exciting time.

I would recommend making a list of what you want from a pram (travel system with car seat included? How big is your car boot? Do you need something with good suspension for walking it on country roads, or is something small and lightweight more of a priority if you live in a city? Do you want one that can convert to become a double-buggy, or do you want to leave it a while before having baby number 2? Etc). Then armed with your list and a rough budget, head into a pram shop to get a feel for a few prams. Try out folding it down etc and see how they feel to push.

Then once you've an idea of what you want, start looking online for the best deals or perhaps try second-hand as you can get a good pram for so much cheaper. There are a few Facebook pages for baby stuff that people want to sell, and donedeal and adverts.ie.

Of course it's probably best waiting until you've had your 12 week scan before purchasing the bigger items.

Advertisement