Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I suspect that might be all territories worldwide EXCEPT the UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

White House Down & 12 Monkeys season 2 added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hot Fuzz added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭tigger123

Hot Fuzz added today.

Always felt it was a little overrated tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

tigger123 wrote: »
    Always felt it was a little overrated tbh.

I agree with this. It was OK, nothing special and nothing memorable at all. Certainly pales in comparison to shaun of the dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hot Fuzz added today.

Absolutely love this movie. Gets funnier every rewatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I see clips from "Love Me" being posted on Reddit this week. It's a documentary about guys using mail order bride services. It looks cringe-tastic, almost Louis Theroux-esque. Is it on Irish Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I see clips from "Love Me" being posted on Reddit this week. It's a documentary about guys using mail order bride services. It looks cringe-tastic, almost Louis Theroux-esque. Is it on Irish Netflix?

That was on Netflix before, I watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Watched train to busan last night thought it was excellent. Never watched a south Korean movie before but was very impressed. Any recommendations for more good foreign movies, south Korean or other?

I love a good crime\detective\thriller so anything along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Master of none season 2 added today

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

hefferboi wrote: »
    Watched train to busan last night thought it was excellent. Never watched a south Korean movie before but was very impressed. Any recommendations for more good foreign movies, south Korean or other?

Not sure how many of these are on netflix but in terms of South Korean films it's worth checking out Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and I Saw the Devil. Oldboy in particular is a must watch imo.

The Host, Lady Vengeance, Memories of Murder, The Good, the Bad and the Weird, Joint Security Area and A Bittersweet Life are all really good too.

You've really been missing out over the last 20 years if Train to Busan was your first korean movie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Watched the 2nd Season of Love last week and really enjoyed it.

Started watching Lovesick last night. Made by Channel 4 I think. Watched about 4 episodes and it had some good laughs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

There is a good Korean one about a nuclear disaster on Netflix... I'll get the name later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭conorhal

If you haven't seen 'Oldboy' then you're in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

conorhal wrote: »
    If you haven't seen 'Oldboy' then you're in for a treat.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you re this statement, I've come across a couple of people who didn't quite have the same reaction.

Recommended it to 2 lads in work, one absolutely loved it, the other one
    who has a daughter
    was thoroughly disturbed by it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Old boy is crazy. Well worth a watch.
    Notable mentions for these three.

Irreversible. French.

City of God. Brazilian.

Untouchables. French.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Old boy is crazy. Well worth a watch.
    Notable mentions for these three.

Irreversible. French.

City of God. Brazilian.

Untouchables. French.

Found a certain scene in that very disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Corvo wrote: »
    Found a certain scene in that very disturbing.

Yup it was a tough watch, my oh couldn't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Obnoxious, but fascinating individual, documentary just arrived on netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Suite Francais, really recommend this film, a love story between a French woman and German officer in Nazi-Occupied France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Can't find Oldboy or Train To Busan on Irish Netflix. Am I meant to?:confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Can't find Oldboy or Train To Busan on Irish Netflix. Am I meant to?:confused:

Nope. They're not on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

looie wrote: »
    Coming to Netflix on the 12th.

316465-mindhorn-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg?k=6f7ebd4f6a

Mindhorn

Scratch that. Looks like Occono's right.
    Occono wrote: »
    I suspect that might be all territories worldwide EXCEPT the UK and Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

fin12 wrote:
    That was on Netflix before, I watched it.

Watched it today. Watched most of it from behind my hands. Absolute cringe festival. Thoroughly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭tigger123

Watched it today. Watched most of it from behind my hands. Absolute cringe festival. Thoroughly recommended.

Its great watch, really enjoyed it.

That Roger Stone documentary looks great too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like Fast & the Furious 7 was added.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Deer wrote: »
    We are watching Last Tango in Halifax on Netflix at the moment. Loving it. It's about two pensioners who are reunited and fall in love and their extremely messed up families . Well worth a watch if you haven't already seen it.

Completely agree. Really enjoying this at the moment. The two actors playing the pensioners are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

I've been so engrossed in Mad Men the last few weeks I'd totally forgot this thread had been rebooted.

Some nice recommendations here, thanks!

Still haven't figured out why Mad Men is so addictive but I'm glued every evening.

Loved Mad Men too. Watched all 7 seasons in about 2 weeks. Now watching Last Tango in Halifax which I'm enjoying a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Watched 'Love & Friendship' this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. Jane Austen adaptation starting Kate Beckinsale in fantastic form and wonderfully silly performance from Tom Bennett. A very pleasant way to pass an hour and a half. Also shot mostly in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Watched 'Love & Friendship' this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. Jane Austen adaptation starting Kate Beckinsale in fantastic form and wonderfully silly performance from Tom Bennett. A very pleasant way to pass an hour and a half. Also shot mostly in Ireland.

Entirely in Ireland, I thought.

Not that it matters, obviously, it's still a very enjoyable film either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement