Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread: the second

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you're not into JRPGs then there's nothing coming out that will really interest you tbh. It's a pity even the indies seem to have given up on the system as it was a great little machine for those. The remote play feature is pretty much the only reason my Vita is getting any use at this stage. Using it for the Witness at the moment which is pretty much the perfect game for it.

Oh, didn't know that might be cross-platform, must download it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, didn't know that might be cross-platform, must download it!

Ah, no it isn't before you get your hopes up. I'm using Remote Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

A lot of talk of Japanese RPG's but I don't see mention of a game series I only discovered and that's YS.

I'm about 18 hours into YS memories of celceta and its soooo good.

For those who don't know the YS series, they're action RPG's and they suit the vita perfectly.

GameSack on YouTube do a really good overview of the series.

I'll be trying YS Origins next after getting it cheap in the sales.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah, no it isn't before you get your hopes up. I'm using Remote Play.

Bugger..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

A lot of talk of Japanese RPG's but I don't see mention of a game series I only discovered and that's YS.

I'm about 18 hours into YS memories of celceta and its soooo good.

For those who don't know the YS series, they're action RPG's and they suit the vita perfectly.

I'll be trying YS Origins next after getting it cheap in the sales.
    Jrpg forum would know more, there's a few regulars here. I've only played Ys 3 on SNES.

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God I have on Vita but not played it yet. I couldn't recommend it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it worth subscribing to PlayStation Plus at this stage, if I only own a Vita?

Also picked up a second hand copy of PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal, but on. Back of box says there's a network code enclosed to unlock online features which I did not get with it. Does this mean I can't play the game online?

I would say no, they're usually crap games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Undertake is a cool little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Undertake is a cool little game.

Yup, and shit hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I bought an OLED Vita back in 2015 I think when the second revision was released. Got a great deal on it and mainly bought it as I had Plus for the PS4 and wanted to take advantage of the games.

Unfortunately I never gave it the time it deserved until now. With a newborn handhelds are brilliant and the Vita is a lovely handheld. Between Plus and the 10 game pack I got with it, I have most of the top games. Pity it never got the recognition and sales it deserved.

Edit: that screen! :-)

I bought an OLED Vita back in 2015 I think when the second revision was released. Got a great deal on it and mainly bought it as I had Plus for the PS4 and wanted to take advantage of the games.

Unfortunately I never gave it the time it deserved until now. With a newborn handhelds are brilliant and the Vita is a lovely handheld. Between Plus and the 10 game pack I got with it, I have most of the top games. Pity it never got the recognition and sales it deserved.

Edit: that screen! :-)

Don't forget remote play. I've played hundreds of hours on the vita remotely. Smashing system!

And "that screen" is right!

I want a vita slim for the cool colours but I can't downgrade screen wise.

Really do need to pick up a back up 2nd vita soon though before they're harder to get than they already are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Interesting enough game due early next year. Yes it does look v.familiar

Has a stardew valley vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Bought YS Memories of Celceta and a couple of hours in. My first Ys game.

Have to admit I am really enjoying it. I wouldn’t class myself a fan of RPGs (and especially JRPGs) but this is really good. Button Bashing fighting is fun and the story is ticking along.

nedd wrote: »
    Bought YS Memories of Celceta and a couple of hours in. My first Ys game.

Have to admit I am really enjoying it. I wouldn’t class myself a fan of RPGs (and especially JRPGs) but this is really good. Button Bashing fighting is fun and the story is ticking along.

It was my first YS game as well and I really enjoyed it.

Good characters, storyline and combat.

It doesn't drag on too long either with the side missions being half decent additions.

I'm going to play Origins next. Was dirt cheap in a sale recently on psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Put 200 hours plus into it on the PC, brought back great memories of Harvest Moon mixed with Pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

It's cross buy with the ps4 version too. Really hope it's cross save but unlikely

God damn it! I bought it on PS4 for a few euro in the sale recently.

I've said since it launched that it'd be fab on vita but expected it wouldn't come so bit the bullet on the ps4.

Anyway for those who haven't played it yet just bear in mind it is very ****ing addictive. Its the sort of game you say sure I'll get a half hour play in and 2 hours later you're still planting seeds or something stupid.

Lovely art style, chilled out music, sooooo much to do its nearly overwhelming.

Watch the Projared review on YouTube. He sums it up perfectly.

https://twitter.com/dukope/status/939591376102088704

Wow after Stardew Valley gets announced we get a Papers Please announcement.
    and it is out now :D
    €9 btw :)

With those 2 and Undertale I'm finally getting games on the Vita I wanted for a few years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Slightly bizarre it would be ported to the Vita ahead of the switch.

• Advertisement

A vita port has been rumoured for ages tho. Its not like it was done overnight.
    I'm sure one will be done eventually but it suits Vita more for me as its comfortably portable with no carry case, etc.

Catherine is coming to Vita
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/19/catherine-full-body-announced-playstation-4-playstation-vita/

Didn't play it on PS3 so hoping I can go straight into this

I won a digital copy of 2064: Read Only Memories through The Gay Gamers blog. Looking forward to playing it

Nothing bizarre about it really :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Nothing bizarre about it really :confused:
    Switch has a massive growing userbase (and a lack of games) while the Vita is essentially dead.

Why waste resources on a dead format as opposed to maximizing your potential audience?
    I'm looking at it from a business perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Switch has a massive growing userbase (and a lack of games) while the Vita is essentially dead.

Why waste resources on a dead format as opposed to maximizing your potential audience?

If you are looking at it from a business perspective, you have about 5 million more Vitas out there currently then Switches and the Switch does have quite a few games now outside of its exclusives, well over 100 and mostly indie ones like Papers Please.

The Vita may well be in its twilight years, but it is not dead, it had a good 2017 and still has exclusives coming out in 2018, with the usual cross platform releases as well.

Sorry but its far from dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Why they couldn't sell their memory cards for a reasonable price now the vita is in its twilight I don't know.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Long shot but has anyone bought the
    E-house Matte Hand Grip with L2 R2 Trigger Buttons on AliExpress?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32823680414.html

Looking to buy something to play PS1 & PS4 games properly :/

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Long shot but has anyone bought the
    E-house Matte Hand Grip with L2 R2 Trigger Buttons on AliExpress?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32823680414.html

Looking to buy something to play PS1 & PS4 games properly :/

I haven't but I'd nearly chance it myself as I'm looking for one of them.

Advertisement