Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread: the second

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I haven't but I'd nearly chance it myself as I'm looking for one of them.
    Same
    My friend has one like this https://images.everyeye.it/img-articoli/playstation-vita-guida-per-modificare-interfaccia-grafica-speciale-16250-1280x16.jpg
    And he said his Vita sometimes falls out of it, he'd prefer tge aliexpress one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I picked up GTA Chinatown Wars on the sale, I love that game, I would love to see a remake of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ERG89 wrote: »
    Long shot but has anyone bought the
    E-house Matte Hand Grip with L2 R2 Trigger Buttons on AliExpress?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32823680414.html

Looking to buy something to play PS1 & PS4 games properly :/

I bought it. Great buy. Think I paid about €30 on playasia. Been a long while ago though so I can't really remember.

It's very comfortable and does help for ps1 games.

Not always that great for ps4 though other than being more comfy to hold.

As far as I can figure out this is because the ps4 maps buttons to the various touch pads which you can't change.

Pain in the ass. That said maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I wouldn't be without it to be honest. Great device which solves some but not all problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I bought it. Great buy. Think I paid about €30 on playasia. Been a long while ago though so I can't really remember.

Ordered it there on Thursday. Already been dispatched from China. It'll be a while obviously.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Ordered it there on Thursday. Already been dispatched from China. It'll be a while obviously.

Hope you like it as much as I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Other than Amazon.jp, does anyone know of any places selling the Vita or PS TV nowadays?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Other than Amazon.jp, does anyone know of any places selling the Vita or PS TV nowadays?

Try adverts if you don't mind second hand. It's where I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thar_Cian wrote: »

Play-Asia do. Was actually checking this for a friend recently.

I remember Cex having them find a decent price at one time.

I picked up Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Nisa Europe had emailed out vouchers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry but its far from dead!

Aw that's cute :)

I think for all intents and purposes the vita is dead. It might have more units out in the wild than the switch but I'd say there's only a tiny minority actively buying games for the system now. We will get a few Japanese digital ports and indies this year but I doubt the system will be alive and vibrant and everything coming to the system will be available on other platforms.

I'd say this is the last year we will see releases on it, maybe outside of a few brave indies or VNs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

YS VIII down to €27 in the PSN sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nedd wrote: »
    YS VIII down to €27 in the PSN sale.

A steal at that price!

A steal at that price!

Just bought it, finished VII recently and loved it. Have to fish out the Vita and find the charger now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi Folks,

I've been late to the party and only just got myself a refurb PS4 from GameStop after Christmas. My mate has recommended getting a PS Vita for remote play. It's probably not something I'd use for playing outside the house as I drive to work so don't have a train/bus journey. At €100 in GameStop it's a pretty decent price and would come in for plane journeys etc.

Would you recommend it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You need a good internet connection for remote play so doubt you'll be doing it on plane journeys. Still a pretty decent library of Vita, PS1 and PSP games on the system to keep you going for a very long time. Only concern is if you want to play PS1 games only buy stuff digital stuff from a US account, don't bother with a euro one. PS1 games on the EU store are garbage 50 Hz ports and switching accounts on the Vita is a pain in the backside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hi Folks,

I've been late to the party and only just got myself a refurb PS4 from GameStop after Christmas. My mate has recommended getting a PS Vita for remote play. It's probably not something I'd use for playing outside the house as I drive to work so don't have a train/bus journey. At €100 in GameStop it's a pretty decent price and would come in for plane journeys etc.

Would you recommend it?

Absolutely, what kind of games are you into?

Absolutely, what kind of games are you into?

I like a bit of everything, racing games, shooters, platforms, action/adventure etc... it's a pretty varied range.

Can I ask where you're buying games digitally for the Vita? When I search the PS Store I'm getting very few returns and none of the big titles. I've heard you can buy PS One, PS2 games for it... where?

Can I ask where you're buying games digitally for the Vita? When I search the PS Store I'm getting very few returns and none of the big titles. I've heard you can buy PS One, PS2 games for it... where?

You can only get ps1 titles on the vita and ps2 only on the ps4, what are you looking for?

You can only get ps1 titles on the vita and ps2 only on the ps4, what are you looking for?

Well I plan on getting a Vita tonight so I'd like to be able to browse beforehand and see what's available. In regards to the PS2 titles, can I see what's available? There's nothing I specifically want, it's more a case of I'll see a game and want to buy it.

• Advertisement

Well I plan on getting a Vita tonight so I'd like to be able to browse beforehand and see what's available. In regards to the PS2 titles, can I see what's available? There's nothing I specifically want, it's more a case of I'll see a game and want to buy it.

Have a look here

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/grid/STORE-MSF75508-PLATFORMPSVITA/1?smcid=pdc%3Aen-ie%3Apdc-buy-playstation-store%3Aherobanner-start-shopping%3Anull%3A

Can you remote play ps2 games from ps4?
    I.only got my ps4 at Halloween so I haven't used it at all yet

Can you remote play ps2 games from ps4?

I believe you can indeed.

If I was to pick up a Ys game and totally new to the series what would people recommend

I started with memories of celceta. Really good fun.

Bought VIII last week and loving it as well. Very similar gameplay but seems to be bigger.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If I was to pick up a Ys game and totally new to the series what would people recommend

Both are fun, memories of celceta should be cheap enough now.

Both are fun, memories of celceta should be cheap enough now.

Ye it's down to €20. I'm going through all my vita games, mainly from ps+ over the last 3-4 years to see what I've missed out on. My ps4 time has dwindled so I think my vita might be my main console for the next few months.

Ye it's down to €20. I'm going through all my vita games, mainly from ps+ over the last 3-4 years to see what I've missed out on. My ps4 time has dwindled so I think my vita might be my main console for the next few months.

I loved memories of Celcelta. It was my first Ys game so I’ve a LOT to catch up on in the series.

I bought Origins in a sale not so long ago so it’s my next RPG after I finish off Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U.

Yes I own both failed systems in the Vita and the Wii U. Both are severely underrated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm currently enjoying Salt and Sanctuary on the vita. It doesn't run quite as well as on the PS4, but it's much easier to play this portably then on the console so I don't mind.

Advertisement