Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread: the second

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there any advantage of having a us account as well as an Irish one? Are there extra demos available or anything like that. There would also be different sales too I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is there any advantage of having a us account as well as an Irish one? Are there extra demos available or anything like that. There would also be different sales too I guess

You'd need a separate memory card and you have to reset the console each time you change regions.

It can be done, and yes you can take advantage of the different sales, but its a bit of a pain to get it to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wayyy better sales and some games only make it to the u.s store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Started Zero Escape 3 last night, thankfully cabin fever irk hasn't set in

Started Zero Escape 3 last night, thankfully cabin fever irk hasn't set in
    Finished but quite disappointed. I'm sure there was a thread for this, gonna look for it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No more ps plus for vita, the game were nearly always rubbish anyway I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

They were amazing for it for the first two or three years tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still got another year before they stop offering them, kicks in March 2019.

Xenji wrote: »
    Still got another year before they stop offering them, kicks in March 2019.

Ohhh I thought it was kicking in this month.

Hi folks, how much should I be looking for a original OLED vita with FFX and 16gb memory card? It's in perfect working order, charger is a bit frayed but works. Just to note I'm not offering to sell it here but just looking for a bit of advice on price. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Hi folks, how much should I be looking for a original OLED vita with FFX and 16gb memory card? It's in perfect working order, charger is a bit frayed but works. Just to note I'm not offering to sell it here but just looking for a bit of advice on price. Thanks

80 - 120 maybe. Check adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished Danganronpa V3 last night. That ending... was certainly unique even by danganronpa standards.

I hope they make another one ( there's an easter egg that suggests ultra despair girls 2 is on the way) because it's definitely my favourite series on the vita.

Now to decide what to play next. I have the last zero escape game and I want to start the trials of cold steel series so it'll probably be one of them.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Finished Danganronpa V3 last night. That ending... was certainly unique even by danganronpa standards.

I hope they make another one ( there's an easter egg that suggests ultra despair girls 2 is on the way) because it's definitely my favourite series on the vita.

Now to decide what to play next. I have the last zero escape game and I want to start the trials of cold steel series so it'll probably be one of them.

I'd go with trails personally.

I'd go with trails personally.
    I loved ZE series just not the end of the last one, I won't rant here I promise :pac:.
    They're kinda similar to Dangan afaik well both VN at least (haven't played them) so maybe go Trials for a change and then ZE. You might get burned out like I did starting into the secods Ace Attorney straight after the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

The vita version of Stardew Valley is apparently out now, doesn't seem to be live on the EU store yet tho, think it might just be on the US store.

The vita version of Stardew Valley is apparently out now, doesn't seem to be live on the EU store yet tho, think it might just be on the US store.

Just checked, its up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

I have some of the old Resident Evils (1-3) and old Final Fantasy games (7-9) on my PS3, is it possible for me to transfer these to a Vita if I were to buy one? I would absolutely love to have access to these games on the go. I was trying to read up on this but some of the guides weren't clear, some sites seem to suggest that a PSP is a better option for this.

As you might have guessed, I know next to nothing about the Vita, so any advice is appreciated.

I put far too many hours into Stardew Valley on the PC, having it portable on the Vita or the Switch could be a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I have some of the old Resident Evils (1-3) and old Final Fantasy games (7-9) on my PS3, is it possible for me to transfer these to a Vita if I were to buy one? I would absolutely love to have access to these games on the go. I was trying to read up on this but some of the guides weren't clear, some sites seem to suggest that a PSP is a better option for this.

As you might have guessed, I know next to nothing about the Vita, so any advice is appreciated.

If you bought them digitally, then you'll be able to go on to the store on the Vita and just download them again.

Playing Reverie atm, decent little game worth a look.

• Advertisement

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I have seen there is a big vita sale on at the moment on PSN. I'm looking for an RPG and have heard good things about trails of steel and memories of celceta. Has anyone played both or recommend either

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I have seen there is a big vita sale on at the moment on PSN. I'm looking for an RPG and have heard good things about trails of steel and memories of celceta. Has anyone played both or recommend either

Brilliant games,get both, ys dana is brilliant too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thinking about buying a Vita and just wondering what model would be recommended?

Yakult wrote: »
    Thinking about buying a Vita and just wondering what model would be recommended?

The original PCH-1000 model, it had a OLED screen, the revised version had a lcd screen that made colors look a bit washed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How much would ye guys consider a PS Vita Slim + 64GB Memory Card + Nyko Power Grip to be worth 2nd hand, in excellent condition with the original cabling and box? I am thinking of selling mine due to lack of use but apparently the memory cards are fierce valuable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What are peoples thoughts on remote play? Any good? Laggy as hell? Is remote on Vita better than Mac or are they they same?

Thinking of picking up a Vita and remote really interests me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

shuffles03 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on remote play? Any good? Laggy as hell? Is remote on Vita better than Mac or are they they same?

Thinking of picking up a Vita and remote really interests me!

I didn't use it that much but i found it very smooth, assuming you have a good Internet connection. What killed it for me was trying to use rear touch as L2 R2. Very awkward.
    I think you can get grips that make this easier. Might be worthwhile someone else commenting on those though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Any idea where a PS TV can be bought for a reasonable price other than CeX?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Any idea where a PS TV can be bought for a reasonable price other than CeX?

They only exist in CeX or eBay these days. Or very rarely on Adverts.ie.

Advertisement