Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

May 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have never paid for early hospital scans.
    That doesn't seem right.must be a mix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I paid 95 for an 8 week scan in baby scan last week :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have a feeling of lurking nausea.

After a couple of days of relative calm (well.milder nausea.), I feel it's just waiting to crash over me again.Right in time for the weekend.

Claire, I find eating little and often helps.Like I would have one piece of weetabix round 7am (low fat milk, full fat makes me sick), then toast round 9:30/10, then lunch round 12:30(I'm finding salads and plain soups work best).The afternoon is long but I try to get a bit of fruit in or a plain biscuit or something.Then I'll strggle through dinner in the evening.Very plain food unfortunately

I was eating bigger meals at the start but they made me so sick I really had to adjust my habits.Otherwise, ginger biscuits,a few moutfuls of Coke or some grapes seem to all help if I'm really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I'm in bed already! I forgot how bad the tiredness is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

Second pregnancy due mid May and I feel so big, not bump big really, just clothes too tight and eating more and feeling guilty but then giving myself the excuse that it's the only time I can and allow myself to eat what I want (except certain cheeses, pink meat, certain fish, wine and gin and runny eggs and whatever else is on the list)

my tiredness is really really bad, find it so hard to get through the day, I had forgotten how bad it was in early pregnancy. No morning sickness thank goodness, just the odd bout of nausea with certain strong smells and sinuses blocked some days and heartburn the odd evening. Anyone else get ridiculously breathless doing stupid things like walking up a small stairs? Such a whinger here lol but sometimes worry these preg symptoms are all in my head but even when I try shake off the tiredness as me prob just feeling a bit lazy and I do feel silly when I tell my husband and family that I literally feel absolutely drained most of the time and that's why some nights I'm asleep at 8.

Reading the thread that some people get insomnia and that sounds horrendous tbh I get restless legs when really exhausted (so bad last time in third trimester) and I cannot cope with not being able to fall asleep

• Advertisement

We went looking at buggies today!
    I always wanted the Skotte one...
    But my other half being sensible said we better get a buggy that can double up as I'll prob have a second child within 3 years :(

Looks like the Icandy orange has won that battle!!

I get that breathlessness.It's just starting now.I'm fit-ish, and never have it otherwise, it just comes on when pregnant.It stays til about 14 weeks, then kind of goes and comes back again when I'm big!!!It feels ridiculous though!!

Buggy shopping already Shakencat, that's organised!!!I'm still using a double for my pair the odd time so all covered here!i look forward to the day where I can just have a single buggy with no extra attachments😂

I'm breathless walking the dogs at my usual pace, other half wouldn't believe me last night and gave me his fit bit thing, heart rate was 130bpm!
    He was laughing saying it's mad, he thought I was messing the last few weeks! (He works away from home mon-Fri, so he just hears randomly moaning about things but thinks I'm over reacting!!)

And with the buggy situation, my other half was in good form, he'd normally tell me to f off! Had to take advantage!

Baby fair next weekend so we're going to see if we can get an offer better than stores,
    Tis early days... I know 
    I'll be ten weeks next weekend...

Samesy.
    I think I remember seeing a story a few years ago about a woman realising she was pregnant because she regularly used a fitbit and her heartrate increased quite suddenly one week.Made me feel better!

It is good to shop around for prices I found another high street shop giving a cheaper price online and went into a more local shop for our first car seat and showed them and they matched it so that's worth a try. Glad I'm not the only one getting breathless after Sunday lunch and my toddler and I have just woken up after both falling asleep together on the couch. Wish I could have a nap everyday...roll on second trimester!

• Advertisement

jojomama wrote: »
    It is good to shop around for prices I found another high street shop giving a cheaper price online and went into a more local shop for our first car seat and showed them and they matched it so that's worth a try. Glad I'm not the only one getting breathless after Sunday lunch and my toddler and I have just woken up after both falling asleep together on the couch. Wish I could have a nap everyday...roll on second trimester!

i just woke from a nap too!!
    some leaflet dropper was at the door and the dogs were barking so i woke abruptly!!

Despite the fact that I would love to have napped......my children were going stircrazy so we spent the last good hour and half getting the cobwebs blown away on a long walk.

Roll on bedtime!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gonna jump in - 7 weeks today and no nausea thankfully. Exhausted like most of you and breathlessness on stairs and I'm fit. Reasuring to hear I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Diasydoodledoo

Congratulations all - first time to join Boards! Due in May as well. Great to find this thread. No nausea for me thankfully so far anyway but exhausted like the rest of you and breathlessness on the stairs at work. Very reassuring to see I'm not the only one!

we're all in this together, im just keeping my thoughts clear until i pass the 12 week mark! *so nervous*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

A bit nausea here now :-(. Fairly mild, can only stave it off by eating! Will be the size of a house. I must reduce my meal size and try have 5 meals a day for a while. Met someone for lunch and my nerves were at me, I was feeling so unwell, half a glass of orange juice into me and I was right as rain again

So.sick.
    Hate Mondays.
    I never actually had 'morning' sickness before, it was more afternoon and evening sickness.This time round it's morning-afternoon-evening sickness.ugh.
    Me too, Beany, I'm eating to stop the sickness and it's actually making me worse.Can't do big lunches or anything.Everything is small and plain, and I still gag at the sight of it :-( had a bit of a respite for a couple of days last week but it's back with a vengeance now.
    My 12 week scan is actually at 11.5 weeks, so it's just over a fortnight.Counting down and crossing my fingers it all looks ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Are you supposed to bring your blood test results with you for your first scan? I haven't been given mine yet and have an early scan tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

I'm in Carlow, don't even have a GP yet, 6 weeks today! first pregnancy, a mixture of fear & excitement. I'm from the UK originally. Looking for recommendations as to where Carlow ladies have their babies? Kilkenny? Dublin? Also a nice female GP in Carlow/Kilkenny.
    Thanks a million!

phi3 wrote: »
    Are you supposed to bring your blood test results with you for your first scan? I haven't been given mine yet and have an early scan tomorrow.

No just yourself.They don't really need the test results once they can see what's on the scanner.

• Advertisement

I went to GP a good while ago now and thought I would have received date for scan by now! Just need a milestone to focus on. So glad other ladies huffing and puffing away too when exerting themselves even a bit lol, you would be worried something is wrong especially being fit enough before. I'm actually nauseated today, my nose is ridiculous! Bad smells making me gag so badly and I'm not normally squeamish person at all. So reassuring to hear other people exhausted too, I think because not showing I feel silly when I tell husband and family I am zapped but it's just like my battery is never fully charged and come evening it's so completely flat I couldn't tell you left from right lol hope people's nausea and morning sickness goes away soon

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Hi
    I'm going to jump in. Due in mid May. Have a 4yo and had a late miscarriage 2 years ago so quite anxious. Thinking of booking an early scan this time. Suffering with hypermesis on this pregnancy which I never had before. Finding it difficult to eat, drink and sleep (and believe me I have tried every remedy under the sun). I am hoping things will ease once I reach 12 weeks...I can't even work at the moment due to sickness. I forgot how hard making a person is!!!!!

Anyway, I hope you are all keeping well and healthy!

Hi mcbubbles, I presume you have been to the doctor with that? Sounds awful.I think that goes way beyond "normal remedies".

i called the doc as i have thrush, she said to take the pessary,

i went to the chemist this evening and she said i shouldnt if pregnant :(

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Are you booked into a hospital yet? If I were you I'd ring the hospital and speak to a midwife about it. If the hospital says it's ok, I'd be inclined to go with what they say. Or if the pessary is a no-no, then they'll be able to give you an alternative.

Toots wrote: »
    Are you booked into a hospital yet? If I were you I'd ring the hospital and speak to a midwife about it. If the hospital says it's ok, I'd be inclined to go with what they say. Or if the pessary is a no-no, then they'll be able to give you an alternative.

im booked in yes but havent met anyone yet?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

shakencat wrote: »
    im booked in yes but havent met anyone yet?

That's alright, you can still ring and speak to a midwife, usually there'll be a number on the website or else if you ring the main number it could put you through to a list of options. I rang my hospital at 8 weeks but my first appointment wasn't until 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Anyone else with the Coombe? I sent off my registration form 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back, is that the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

shakencat wrote: »
    i called the doc as i have thrush, she said to take the pessary,

i went to the chemist this evening and she said i shouldnt if pregnant :(

The pessary is fine, it's only the oral treatment you can't take when pregnant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

shesty wrote: »
    Hi mcbubbles, I presume you have been to the doctor with that? Sounds awful.I think that goes way beyond "normal remedies".

Been to the doc. On anti nausea med so I can eat and drink something. Really only takes the edge off though. Roll on week 12 ☺

Advertisement