Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I thought it happened inside, the way I heard the story, the victim was being booked in at the station, guy (from rival gang) enters, stabs/slashes and tries to get away.
    I've seen an image of the aftermath in the station, it wasn't pretty.

No that's not what happened.
    The person attacked had just dropped a change of clothes in finglas Garda station for his son who had arrested over the corduff fued.
    He had left the station and was at the bus stop when he was attacked ,he then ran back into the Garda station for help.
    The chap attacked is the father of one of the fueding thugs in the corduff area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

I don't believe that he bus stop was cordoned off either which would have been part of the scene.

Just looking at the news reports, it say's it was a father who was attacked bringing clothes to his son who was booked in, and that he walked into the station to get help.

It was at the 17a bus stop which is right next to the garda station.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It was at the 17a bus stop which is right next to the garda station.

i'm familiar with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

A group of chanting drunk teenagers got on my Northside dart today. All white.

I’ve never seen these black gangs and the videos could be from anywhere.

Not just black, apparently African too, if you are to believe some on this thread. Not clear how people know their nationalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

MrFresh wrote: »
    Not just black, apparently African too, if you are to believe some on this thread. Not clear how people know their nationalities.

Africa is a country now is it?

Would African-Irish be more accurate? And I wonder what physical characteristic would allow folks witnessing the crimes of these gangs, establish where the might hail from :rolleyes: .

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    Africa is a country now is it?

It's a continent, with countries in it. You can find more in an Atlas.

Would African-Irish be more accurate?And I wonder what physical characteristic would allow folks witnessing the crimes of these gangs, establish where the might hail from :rolleyes: .

Maybe they were wearing a flag.

It's a continent, with countries in it. You can find more in an Atlas.

Maybe they were wearing a flag.

Now now, it's best just to admit your faux pas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't happen at all?

Statistically I travel north to north county Dublin, 3-7 times a week. It depends on how much I cycle and if I travel on weekends. So if this were common then yes I would expect to encounter it, or hear about it. Not just internet guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Statistically I travel north to north county Dublin, 3-7 times a week. It depends on how much I cycle and if I travel on weekends. So if this were common then yes I would expect to encounter it, or hear about it. Not just internet guff.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teen-boys-15-knifed-by-gang-of-youths-in-vicious-seaside-attacks-36188193.html

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/pregnant-woman-threatened-gang-up-13545298

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/gardai-dealing-with-absolutely-crazy-situation-as-huge-gang-viciously-mugging-teens-in-north-dublins-seaside-towns/ar-BBPyeSX

https://dublingazette.com/news/news-fingal/darragh-obrien-51797/

Yep, If Franz hasn't seen it, then nothing is happening. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh right, so the people LIVING in these areas must be imagining it so, as opposed to you who travels to North County Dublin a whole 3 to 7 times a week. North Dublin is a pretty big area, have you managed to develop omnipotent status?! These scumbags like to film their scummy day trips and bashings and share them on snapchat, literal video evidence isn't good enough for you. You have to see it with your own eyes?!

To add, you opened with Statistically as if you alone, and your 3-7 trips have any kind of statistical significance.. riiiiiight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

i'm familiar with it :)

Sympathies..a terrible bus route!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sympathies..a terrible bus route!
    ha, the bus stop, thankfully not traversing the route :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

I live in North Dublin, in one of the areas regularly "hit" by these gangs. Sorry you don't encounter it on your cycling paths, but it's a very real issue.

And before anyone says it: I've lived here for 30 years and I have never seen any gang come here and cause trouble as frequently as these 'African Ethnicity Irish Nationality' lads do. I'm not saying Irish scumbags don't exist, but my area has never had a consistent problem like this until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

so it appears north Dublin is shaping up to be the new Detroit, be on the lookout for white flight

Now now, it's best just to admit your faux pas.

Surely you can do better than a weak attempt at deflection.

Surely you can do better than a weak attempt at deflection.

Deflecting what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

A group of chanting drunk teenagers got on my Northside dart today. All white.

I’ve never seen these black gangs and the videos could be from anywhere.

I've never had cancer, must be a hoax.

Oh right, so the people LIVING in these areas must be imagining it so, as opposed to you who travels to North County Dublin a whole 3 to 7 times a week. North Dublin is a pretty big area, have you managed to develop omnipotent status?! These scumbags like to film their scummy day trips and bashings and share them on snapchat, literal video evidence isn't good enough for you. You have to see it with your own eyes?!

To add, you opened with Statistically as if you alone, and your 3-7 trips have any kind of statistical significance.. riiiiiight.

I am living in one of the area's mentioned here. And I once lived in Tyrellstown. Nothing doing there either.

If the discussion was about feral white teenagers on the Dart then I would have some evidence to point to. And yes, if gangs of teenagers are rampaging across north Dublin then those of us frequently on public transport expect to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

I am living in one of the area's mentioned here. And I once lived in Tyrellstown. Nothing doing there either.

If the discussion was about feral white teenagers on the Dart then I would have some evidence to point to. And yes, if gangs of teenagers are rampaging across north Dublin then those of us frequently on public transport expect to see it.

I didn't personally see this gang on the DART so I don't think it's an issue to even discuss.

I didn't personally see this gang on the DART so I don't think it's an issue to even discuss.

You guys don't even begin to understand the rudimentary of statistics. If I had once been on the Dart then you may have a point.

Instead I am on it 3-7 times a week northbound ( double that in total). Across all times, I get home anytime from 6pm to midnight if I go out. And in between. Rowdy gangs ( like the locals I saw yesterday) I can see anywhere on the platform. I go to all of the stops, and yet here we are - Ive seen nothing.

• Advertisement

You guys don't even begin to understand the rudimentary of statistics. If I had once been on the Dart then you may have a point.

Instead I am on it 3-7 times a week northbound ( double that in total). Across all times, I get home anytime from 6pm to midnight if I go out. And in between. Rowdy gangs ( like the locals I saw yesterday) I can see anywhere on the platform. I go to all of the stops, and yet here we are - Ive seen nothing.

I've never seen a traffic accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is...

Oh you lived in Tyrellstown once upon a time? That settles it so. Please see the analogy above re: traffic accidents, for a really good example of how utterly stupid the assertion that your experience is somehow statistically significant.

Did you miss the poster who NOW lives in one of the areas affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

El_Bee wrote: »
    I've never seen a traffic accident.
    I saw five yesterday which means I live in an area with lots of RTAs! ;)
    It's all about perception and declaring that as a fact! There are claims on this thread that it is a very widespread problem within a particular ethnicity. It clearly is not but it certainly seems to be localised. What we can agree on is that it is a particular age group that are implicated in this type of behaviour anywhere in the country.

is_that_so wrote: »
    I saw five yesterday which means I live in an area with lots of RTAs! ;)
    It's all about perception and declaring that as a fact! There are claims on this thread that it is a very widespread problem within a particular ethnicity. It clearly is not but it certainly seems to be localised. What we can agree on is that it is a particular age group that are implicated in this type of behaviour anywhere in the country.

I'd agree with it being generational, largely to the now complete absence of discipline in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭Floppybits

El_Bee wrote: »
    I'd agree with it being generational, largely to the now complete absence of discipline in schools.

Don't forget the absence of discipline at home also.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Don't forget the absence of discipline at home also.

Even if there was no discipline at home, if a kid came to school acting the maggot they'd be lifted out of it, but now teachers have to take into consideration the child's socio-economic background and try to appease them into behaving, you can imagine how effective that route is.

Oh you lived in Tyrellstown once upon a time? That settles it so. Please see the analogy above re: traffic accidents, for a really good example of how utterly stupid the assertion that your experience is somehow statistically significant.

Did you miss the poster who NOW lives in one of the areas affected?

Oh ffs. If there were riots at any time in a housing estate I lived in if know about it. If there were marauding gangs in that housing estate I’d know about it. If there were gangs in the actual area I live in and travel to every m Day I would know about it.

Those videos are nonsense by the way. Can anyone actually find on google maps where the portadown riots were.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can anyone actually find on google maps where the portadown riots were.

Portadown?

• Advertisement

Oh ffs. If there were riots at any time in a housing estate I lived in if know about it. If there were marauding gangs in that housing estate I’d know about it. If there were gangs in the actual area I live in and travel to every m Day I would know about it.

Those videos are nonsense by the way. Can anyone actually find on google maps where the portadown riots were.
    Oh Ffs yourself. Keep sticking your head in the sand because you personally haven't seen it. What's Portadown go to do with Dublin, that's where I'm referring to. I suppose the lad that was beaten near to death and filmed, wasn't beaten by one of these gangs, despite the ring leaders being clearly identified.

Again, the way you're talking, you'd swear you were omnipotent. Where do you live, me thinks you're telling porky pies or maybe you are just genuinely lucky to not have run into these gangs in one of the affected areas.

Seen as you're a fan of statistics, are you telling me you don't find it concerning that certain sections of society seem to be disproportionately committing acts of violence? And before you whinge about the all the scummer whiteys at it, well yes there are 'loads', because native Irish folks make up most of the population. I've no doubt you think this 'picking on' African gangs is somehow racism, except as others have noted multiple times, you don't see threads complaining about Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Korean gangs etc. I wonder why that is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement