Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Collie D wrote: »
    Could well be bull****, just a rumour I heard but believable.

By the way, I don't think this guy is a convicted killer. His cousin has exact same name and is currently locked up.

Thanks, realised my confusion of these two charmers.

So the one killed today was the guy who was given a suspended sentence for a violent Robbery?! I think the judges should be made work one day a week as security on the Red Line Luas, it might bring some sense to their sentencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Collie D wrote: »
    Could well be bull****, just a rumour I heard but believable.

By the way, I don't think this guy is a convicted killer. His cousin has exact same name and is currently locked up.

Indeed, and said cousin is still in that exact prison, plausible that he parked up the road at halting site as is his life was under threat and using the public Carpark wouldnt be a smart move as people after him would make it their first place to look out for family members visiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Because as of November 2017 a close relative still resides there.

Released

Released

Released from where?

Released from where?

Prison

• Advertisement

Released

Yes a relative was released recently but not the one I’m talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,016 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will there be peace when the head of either organisation is no more or will it require a concert for peace to sort it all out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I was wondering what he was doing in a halting site, the explanation about the drugs throw seems very plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

To those in the know: are the Kinahans just better resourced, do the gardai have some kind of preference for them over the Hutches, or are the Hutches just unlucky? The other day, a bunch of guns were seized which were allegedly going to be used by the Hutch crew against Kinahan associates. It seems that the Hutches tend to get intercepted by law enforcement far more often on their way to a hit, which is one of the reasons the Kinahans have been "winning" in terms of who's doing more damage to who - is this because the cops find it easier to intercept hutch associates, or because they're more interested in intercepting hutch associates?

I could be wrong, but having followed this feud closely it strikes me that the primary reason for the discrepancy between hutch and kinahan success rates is largely down to the hutches being repeatedly frustrated by law enforcement - while the kinahans seem to somehow slip under the radar until it's too late to prevent a shooting.

Any insights?

Will there be peace when the head of either organisation is no more or will it require a concert for peace to sort it all out?

I can see D junior done this year, because he is the one directing this mayhem.
    His father will ride this storm out somewhere, as will "Monk".
    Bop Roe will be be got as will S McG, and possibly Jaws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I have a close relative living in a dementia care home nearby. I should be able to visit without shots, people have to live their normal lives. I visit nearby and drive a nice car. Don’t stop me because it’s out of sync with the everyday area.

To those in the know: are the Kinahans just better resourced, do the gardai have some kind of preference for them over the Hutches, or are the Hutches just unlucky? The other day, a bunch of guns were seized which were allegedly going to be used by the Hutch crew against Kinahan associates. It seems that the Hutches tend to get intercepted by law enforcement far more often on their way to a hit, which is one of the reasons the Kinahans have been "winning" in terms of who's doing more damage to who - is this because the cops find it easier to intercept hutch associates, or because they're more interested in intercepting hutch associates?

I could be wrong, but having followed this feud closely it strikes me that the primary reason for the discrepancy between hutch and kinahan success rates is largely down to the hutches being repeatedly frustrated by law enforcement - while the kinahans seem to somehow slip under the radar until it's too late to prevent a shooting.

Any insights?

I think they are all involved in a cut throat world and it all boils down to who has the most money in the end. People will always side with who can pay the most in that world. There is very little loyalty bar family loyalties.

Even people who where raised with the hutch family turned against them when it was worth it, so that is the reason they are behind basically. Far more people willing to do the other sides dirty work for the right price, the Hutches cant pay as well as the K cartel.

Any insights?

The Byrne family, not the Kinahans are paying ex army from Eastern Europe to revenge Davids murder
    The Hutches rely on junkies from NIC to do the work, that's why there has been a couple of innocents killed

The Byrne family, not the Kinahans are paying ex army from Eastern Europe to revenge Davids murder
    The Hutches rely on junkies from NIC to do the work, that's why there has been a couple of innocents killed

Those innocents killed have been as a result of the K cartel have they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Heard this some time ago but couldn't confirm, that the media has essentially missed the Byrnes as a third faction in this, and basically that it's David's brother Liam who's been driving a lot of the revenge attacks, while being labelled a "Kinahan lieutenant" but in reality doing it literally for personal reasons to avenge his brother. Seems strange that this wouldn't be reported though?

tomofson wrote: »
    Those innocents killed have been as a result of the K cartel have they not?

Not talking about Martin O’Rourke, or Jonathan Hutch intended innocent victim
    Glen Clarke and Noel Kirwan were killed by the K cartel

Heard this some time ago but couldn't confirm, that the media has essentially missed the Byrnes as a third faction in this, and basically that it's David's brother Liam who's been driving a lot of the revenge attacks, while being labelled a "Kinahan lieutenant" but in reality doing it literally for personal reasons to avenge his brother. Seems strange that this wouldn't be reported though?

Spot on.
    Try to drive into Raleigh Square and see what happens
    Its no coincidence

Not talking about Martin O’Rourke, or Jonathan Hutch intended innocent victim
    Glen Clarke and Noel Kirwan were killed by the K cartel

Martin o'rourke and trevor o'neill where completely innocents and the bullets weren't even meant for them.

Someone was charged with duck eggs and he certainly wasn't an eastern euro.

Glen Clarkes death sounds suspicious but it has not been confirmed as murder yet, though it is likely.

Its easier for legal reasons to just blame it all on "the cartel" rather than point the finger at individuals.

Its easier for legal reasons to just blame it all on "the cartel" rather than point the finger at individuals.

I agree the whole ‘’Cartel’’ tag was invented by the media, in reality it’s driven by a guy avenging his brother and a guy living abroad who has so much money that he can put a price on the street for anyone from one family. That’s basically it.

• Advertisement

Martin o'rourke and trevor o'neill where completely innocents and the bullets weren't even meant for them.

Someone was charged with duck eggs and he certainly wasn't an eastern euro.

Glen Clarkes death sounds suspicious but it has not been confirmed as murder yet, though it is likely.

You have just repeated what i posted, and Clarkys death has never been solved
    I didnt say all the shootings were East European but most were

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

There's been arrests and charges for a lot of the killings but they've been Irish and not Eastern Europeans.

One arrest of Imre Arakas (a scary Estonian) who has been charged with conspiracy to murder and Nouafal Fassin a Dutch-Morrocan gangster was arrested for having a bogus passport. But that's all.

I'm only going on hearsay here but I thought a notorious hitman from finglas and an associate of an assassinated top drug smuggler where behind all the first hits. There names where being passed around for Eddie and Kingsize.

Clarke was meant to have pulled the trigger on the two botched hits which resulted in innocent men being killed.

Eddie Hutch's wasn't.
    Barr's wasn't.
    Gareth Hutch's wasn't.
    David Douglas's wasn't.
    Noel Kirwin's wasn't.

There's been a lot of arrests of people with guns in the last year and all have been Irish.

humberklog wrote: »
    Eddie Hutch's wasn't.
    Barr's wasn't.
    Gareth Hutch's wasn't.
    David Douglas's wasn't.
    Noel Kirwin's wasn't.

There's been a lot of arrests of people with guns in the last year and all have been Irish.

WOW Judge Judy is on the case
    Now out of all them murders, how many have been on trial and convicted ???

WOW Judge Judy is on the case
    Now out of all them murders, how many have been on trial and convicted ???

Go and google that sh!t yourself and while your there come back with some hard facts re your statement about Eastern Europeans.

Go and google that sh!t yourself and while your there come back with some hard facts re your statement about Eastern Europeans.

I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of eastern europeans being involved especially if they have military training,plus just because someone is charged for a murder doesn't necessarily mean they pulled the trigger.

I'd say they have been involved in some but not "most"

I never said all the hits were East European, but that side has been known to source East European info and skills
    As for your list of hits, not one person has been convicted of any of them

I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of eastern europeans being involved especially if they have military training,plus just because someone is charged for a murder doesn't necessarily mean they pulled the trigger.

I'd say they have been involved in some but not "most"

It was the claim that "most" have I'm calling BS on.

• Advertisement

It was the claim that "most" have I'm calling BS on.

You wanna take a chill pill
    Are you from East Europe ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement