Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

This forum is disgraceful
    Yes. It's not just the fact that there are Northsiders on here, but that they see nothing wrong with that. So brazen. :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you decided where you are going or do you need recommendations? Apart from Brady Teeny Ufo and mfceilings

We just went wowburger.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Yes. It's not just the fact that there are Northsiders on here, but that they see nothing wrong with that. So brazen. :mad:

Ah here I'm originally from the Midlands.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

We just went wowburger.

Try the port house next time

You think that helps? :P ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We just went wowburger.
    Go to the pub.

We have lots of them here.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You think that helps? :P ;)

Lol I was born in the Rotunda, so a TRUE northsider

I did spend about eight years living in the south side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Yes?
    One of us, one of us.

Oh ...

DGRulz wrote: »
    One of us, one of us.

Oh ...

See last reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

...my colleague and I agreed to meet in the black horse beforehand
    He got there first and ordered two lattes at the bar. He swears they nearly fell around the place laughing at him

Lived just up the road from that for a year or two, drank there of a night every two weeks or so. Honestly don't know where it gets the reputation from.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Stheno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

My daughter was manufactured in the Hari in the grounds of the rotunda.... she's a Northsider too ?! :eek:

Lived just up the road from that for a year or two, drank there of a night every two weeks or so. Honestly don't know where it gets the reputation from.

This was about 11:30 in the morning to be fair. It just came across as a bit of a kip

That said I used live near Dorset street and drank in a place called Stoneys.
    Once the locals knew you it was grand
    I'd put the black horse in the same vein

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ah I was born in the Rotunda. A great spot, savage craic.

Are there any rugby fans in south Dublin at all? Apart from Brady Teeny Ufo?

My daughter was manufactured in the Hari in the grounds of the rotunda.... she's a Northsider too ?! :eek:

No she's cursed with being from Kerry

Did you see your tds having a scrap in the dail today?

*waves*

Thomond and ak with their gourmet bacon and pear sammiches?

Awec doesn't count

No she's cursed with being from Kerry

Did you see your tds having a scrap in the dail today?

No.... first I've heard about this .. I try not to watch Irish tv if I can :)

awec wrote: »
    *waves*

Yeah well I'm in South Dublin as well. But I mean, it seems we're all blow-ins.

The real South Dubs must be too busy with cricket.

Thomond and ak with their gourmet bacon and pear sammiches?

Awec doesn't count

Neither are from South Dublin. Thomond is from South of Dublin however.

• Advertisement

No.... first I've heard about this .. I try not to watch Irish tv if I can :)

It was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Honorary southsider.

First 25 years as a nordie. 15 months in Oz. 3 years in Kildare and then 14 years in terenure.
    Sure I'm practically a free stater now.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Honorary southsider.

First 25 years as a nordie. 15 months in Oz. 3 years in Kildare and then 14 years in terenure.
    Sure I'm practically a free stater now.

Yeah but your missus is from bogland No?

It was hilarious

Just watched it... don't think that number system is going to last beyond Easter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yeah well I'm in South Dublin as well. But I mean, it seems we're all blow-ins.

The real South Dubs must be too busy with cricket.

Here's the thing....cricket is far more of a northsider sport. Majority of cricket clubs are north of the Liffey and north Co. Dublin.

Good Lord, am I the only southsider here? :eek:

I live a bit further south now though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Buer wrote: »
    Here's the thing....cricket is far more of a northsider sport. Majority of cricket clubs are north of the Liffey and north Co. Dublin.

Malableedinhide 4 lyf yis bollixes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I was born in Holes St. and have always worked on the South side. I can at least claim a passport.

Malableedinhide 4 lyf yis bollixes

They need to differentiate between de nort soide and north county dublin

• Advertisement

DGRulz wrote: »
    I was born in Holes St. and have always worked on the South side. I can at least claim a passport.
    Not spelling Holles Street that way you can't. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement