Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Biological males in women's sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SoupMonster

Hannah is stunning and brave, a shining example to all Australian women everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

I looks like rugby has some sense and might be banning transgender men from playing against women . I've nothing against trans people but the line has to be drawn when it comes to sport.

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jul/19/transwomen-face-potential-womens-rugby-ban-over-safety-concerns?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true
    How about changing rooms, showers, toilets, female hospital wards, female prisons, rape shelters?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

mynamejeff wrote: »
    well that's clearly a man

Sadly not according to the rules in Australia. And here too for that matter.

Time for new rules methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nope, that's hate speech i'm afraid. That person is as much a woman as your mother, sister, wife or girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Not according to some people , that comment could be classed as a hate crime ,imagine him/her playing womens rugby , he'd run amok .

Nope, that's hate speech i'm afraid. That person is as much a woman as your mother, sister, wife or girlfriend.

Not really , can he/she have kids ?? I've no problem though if he wants to be a woman , I just think they shouldn't be allowed to compete against real women

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Not according to some people , that comment could be classed as a hate crime ,imagine him/her playing womens rugby , he'd run amok .

They already did play AFL against women and broke a players leg badly. After they were banned from that they moved onto womens handball, a sport they had already competed in as a man to the level of being on the men's national team, so definitely no advantage there either. Mouncey sure seems intent on dominating womens sports, any kind possible

Your mother, sister, wife or girlfried has a penis? :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I'm guilty of hate speech so because Mouncey is not a woman no matter what a piece of paper says.

By the way, hate speech is a bit much. I don't hate Mouncey. I just don't think Mouncey is a woman.

I do hate the fact that it's grossly unfair that Mouncey gets to compete and totally dominate womens sport in Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm guilty of hate speech so because Mouncey is not a woman no matter what a piece of paper says.

By the way, hate speech is a bit much. I don't hate Mouncey. I just don't think Mouncey is a woman.

I do hate the fact that it's grossly unfair that Mouncey gets to compete and totally dominate womens sport in Oz.

Well sorry you are still guilty of hate speech.

That's the way the world is going, places like Canada are planning to/have already made it a hate crime to call a transgender person by the incorrect pronoun.

So no matter how hard you argue you are in the wrong according to some, saying this sports person is not a woman is hate speech.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Your mother, sister, wife or girlfried has a penis? :eek::eek::eek:
    not as far as i know but some women do indeed have penises. Some sire children and menstruate using said penises.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Then you'd have no women professional athletes .

Exactly the point as that would speed up the process of people understanding how stupid it is to let people born men compete against women ,

That's simply not true,
    She can think she is a women ,ask people to call her a women and that is fair enough but my mother, sister and wife have two X chromosomes , while she has one x and one Y chromosome, So your statement is incorrect ,

That's simply not true,
    She can think she is a women ,ask people to call her a women and that is fair enough but my mother, sister and wife have two X chromosomes , while she has one x and one Y chromosome, So your statement is incorrect ,

chromosomes are irrelevant in determining gender. the only relevant basis for determining if someone is a woman is "does the person say they are a woman?" If the answer is "yes", then that person is a woman. End of discussion. You will comply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

That's simply not true,

You must be new to these trans threads. Biological reality is to be ignored in favour of repeating incorrect mantras such as 'trans-women are women', refusing to give definitions, calling everyone who disagrees with you a 'terf'/'anti-trans'/'transphobe', talking nonsense about 'tables of examplars' and refusing to answer tough questions by either completely ignoring them even when asked on numerous occasions, or just altogether disappearing before reappearing again ten pages later to call some a 'terf'/'anti-trans'/'transphobe' or reprehend someone for some perceived slight. Rinse and repeat for literally 100's of pages.

And btw, Suicide Circus is being facetious.

chromosomes are irrelevant in determining gender. the only relevant basis for determining if someone is a woman is "does the person say they are a woman?" If the answer is "yes", then that person is a woman. End of discussion. You will comply.

The person can "identify" as a women and that is fine its there choice and as a nice person I will oblige there request,

The person can "identify" as a women and that is fine its there choice and as a nice person I will oblige there request,
    Your compliance is noted. Your multipass will be updated with 5 social credits.

Your compliance is noted. Your multipass will be updated with 5 social credits.

And when Mouncey puts your daughter in a wheelchair when playing sports, at least you will know that you were compliant with modern 'group think'.

• Advertisement

not as far as i know but some women do indeed have penises. Some sire children and menstruate using said penises.

I guess you learn something new everyday, I must have missed that in school

I guess you learn something new everyday, I must have missed that in school
    it wasnt taught in schools when we were kids due to ignorance and prejudice. It is taught in schools now however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

The ethics of allowing biological males to compete against natural-born women in non-contact sports such as tennis or running are already highly dubious, given the insurmountable physical advantage that one has over the other.

Allowing biological males to compete in women's contact sports is frankly insane, given the risks of injury this poses to natural-born women. Are people so wedded to their ideology that they can no longer understand the laws of physics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Since the term man and women is now contentious and subjective. The solution is to split the sports on chromosomes which would still keep it fair. XX and XY.

Obviously they originally split sports into men and women to make it fairer and the term "mens" and "womens" was enough to separate and make it fair. But in 2020 it's not. You can legally be a women and have an advantage over other women. So what would take out the advantage would be seperation by chromosomes. Then competitors dont have to worry about the term man and women and what they identify as etc. If you factually have XY then you compete with others who have XY and XX then compete with XX

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

ittakestwo wrote: »
    Since the term man and women is now contentious and subjective. The solution is to split the sports on chromosomes which would still keep it fair. XX and XY.

Obviously they originally split sports into men and women to make it fairer and the term "mens" and "womens" was enough to separate and make it fair. But in 2020 it's not. You can legally be a women and have an advantage over other women. So what would take out the advantage would be seperation by chromosomes. Then competitors dont have to worry about the term man and women and what they identify as etc. If you factually have XY then you compete with others who have XY and XX then compete with XX
    Ah, but even that is not OK with the trans rights activists. Chromosomes are biology and biology has moved on apparently. This argument has been made many times on Twitter but shut down as being transphobic. You might be XY but you also might have a lady brain apparently - that kind of science is the good kind - and if you have a lady brain, even with a lady penis, then you are categorically a lady no matter what chromosomes and your own eyes tell you.

it wasnt taught in schools when we were kids due to ignorance and prejudice. It is taught in schools now however.

Will you stop , the world wasn't as ridiculous back then as it is now , that's why it wasn't taught in schools, they're not real women thought no matter how you want to sugar coat it. So I can live 30 years as a man , wake up one morning and decide that I want to be a woman , that's not science thats ideology.

So I can live 30 years as a man , wake up one morning and decide that I want to be a woman , that's not science thats ideology.
    It's the law of the land. The link between science and reality has been broken.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Oranage2 - don't post in the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

ingalway wrote: »
    Ah, but even that is not OK with the trans rights activists. Chromosomes are biology and biology has moved on apparently. This argument has been made many times on Twitter but shut down as being transphobic. You might be XY but you also might have a lady brain apparently - that kind of science is the good kind - and if you have a lady brain, even with a lady penis, then you are categorically a lady no matter what chromosomes and your own eyes tell you.

This does not make sense. Either sport is not segregated on any basis which most would see as unfair. People with XX cannot compete against XY. Or we decide that it is fair to separate people with XY against people with XX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

How people not realise that suicide_circus is being sarcastic? :confused:

Advertisement