Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Playing this solo. It's doable and enjoyable

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

God damnit, how long is the maintenance. One day I am off and there is maintenance!!!

Finally did some main missions and reached level 11. Got purple Famas and some blue gear started to drop too.

Up to now I was using level 6 m14 rifle which is a beast!!! I could not believe when level 11 gear chest game me blue m14!!! Couldn't even try it out. :(
    But yeah, semi automatic rifles are really really good!

I found the announcement:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2013815-The-Division-2-Server-Restart-15-3

so just a 5 minute thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ate a sandwich, checked if misses and daughter still have pulse. Okay, going back in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just got my DC edition, uploaded pics of the map that comes with it fully of juicy secrets.

https://m.imgur.com/a/Ra9ogUQ

Got an answer to the one question: Han Solo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

The found footage clips in the progression window under the DC tab is great, harrowing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only got a couple of hours in today but loving it so far. Incredible detail in the environment and anytime I've gone wondering, I've been rewarded. At leaving the White House to head for my first mission, I was just talking in the scenery and noticed a supply create on parachute get snagged on a building. I shot the crate and an item fell. Headed for it to find it fell in a sub level corridor kind of place. Got a armour vest easy better than my current. Looked down the alley to find a gate with a padlock. Shot the lock and inside was a new weapon and more great way better my current level. Early loot is much much more satisfying that div 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I kinda wish Ubi had a form of access similar to EA's right now.

Id like to try the game but im not sure it will be for me so €15 to rent it for a month would suit me down to the ground,could buy it after if i enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EoinHef wrote: »

Id like to try the game but im not sure it will be for me so €15 to rent it for a month would suit me down to the ground,could buy it after if i enjoyed it.

Buy it in Argos for €60 and if you don't like it trade it into CEX for €42 (or GameStop against another game)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Is division one on game pass?

Buy a month of that and five it a go to get a feel for it

Played a good bit of the division 1. Kinda had a love hate relationship with it. Probably the reason im reluctant to just buy 2.

Trying it for a month would most likely let me know either way if the game was for me.

Closest CEX is not that close to me,by the time i factored in petrol or bus fare etc it would cost a more than €18

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Played a good bit of the division 1. Kinda had a love hate relationship with it. Probably the reason im reluctant to just buy 2.

Did you play it in the early days or after they fixed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody else getting a massive "I am Legend" vibe from this game. Im just waiting for the zombies to leap out at any stage....

Spear wrote: »
    Did you play it in the early days or after they fixed it?

Both,with a large gap in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Spent a good 30minutes looking at each skill tree at the start, took me ages to commit to one. Doing this all blind without any hear'say but hot damn those little mines are class

Pulse is ****ing useless! I get it was OP in the last game but it's absolutely worthless now. "No threat found" well the 3 guys shooting at me seem like a big ****ing threat.

Drone is coming in very handy. Level 6, next up is the next theatre mission so I can unlock clans. I do miss NY but this is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Pulse is ****ing useless! I get it was OP in the last game but it's absolutely worthless now. "No threat found" well the 3 guys shooting at me seem like a big ****ing threat.

Drone is coming in very handy. Level 6, next up is the next theatre mission so I can unlock clans. I do miss NY but this is great too.

I always thought pulse would be used as sneaking up to emines. Get a head count before the shooting starts.

Useless in a gunfight as eyes should be on most enimes line of sight. Granted enimies pop out but thats what the damage icon is for

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, glorious day off. Managed to spend time with family and Division. :D

As always, I took my time. Ended up with level 13. On the other hand I went in to Dark Zone and reached level 10. From what I understand, DZ has it's own separate level? Gear is normalized too?
    Anyway, really enjoyed DZ! Cleared a few landmarks and got some tasty gear. Even managed to extract one load. Met another two agents after I sorted my stuff. So a bit off edgy feel from both parties, but I stayed and helped them to extract their stuff. They wanted me to join their group, but I couldn't, had to leave.

Some amount of detail in this game. I thought areas will be very bland and same, but almost everywhere I go there is something interesting to look at. Without spoilers: the American history Museum was really cool mission.
    The more I play, the more I like sound in game. Developers did not go lazy way, they made sure bullets hitting different material make different sound. I giggled a bit, when in Dark zone I was fighting enemies around giant bell. Their bullets would hit it and bell would go off! Small detail, but such details really add so much for experience.

So far, my combo of drone and turret works great. Love it. I know I should try other skills, but why fix it, if it's not broken. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Turret glitches out on me,sometimes it just lasts a few seconds (constantly) and other times it won't launch, although not today. Gone with shield and chem launcher anyhow, way op.

MK17 is murdering stuff generally look for this and an M249 or M60

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I always thought pulse would be used as sneaking up to emines. Get a head count before the shooting starts.

Useless in a gunfight as eyes should be on most enimes line of sight. Granted enimies pop out but thats what the damage icon is for

I used it to tag the enemies shooting and see if anyone else was around so I could run for cover and still know where they are, it couldn't find anyone. Doesn't it buff damage anymore at least?

Anyway, will be replacing it asap, might take Shadows advice and go with the turret.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

I had gone with the pulse skill aswell when I started as I thought it would be like from the 1st game, it only pulses a few feet in front if you! Useless. I think it can be upraded to increase the distance but it I dont think its worth having at all.
    Right now im using the hive that repairs armour & the seeker mine.

Just a tip aswell, you can go back to all the control points youve taken over and in the supply room there will be new loot every 24hrs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive chose the pulse and the turrent. Happy with thecturrent bug is there anyway to reset the pulse? Its nit what i reember from Div 1 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Went with turret first and then hive for that sweet sweet regen. Is there a way to just place the turret on the cover you are behind, rather than reefing it out into the open?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Enjoying it but I prefer too play with people,struggled last night playing a side mission, couldn't get anyone too join my game though, how does the boards clan work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Enjoying it but I prefer too play with people,struggled last night playing a side mission, couldn't get anyone too join my game though, how does the boards clan work?

There’s only 5 people in the PS4 clan at the moment. Once you unlock clans look for Boards IE clan and Ill add you. There is also a discord server available

You have to unlock Grace who comes with the 2nd unlock with the Theater Settlement. To unlock her, you have to finish 2 settlement missions (not the side missions). The first is done through the story, the Washington hotel mission. You then have 2 or 3 more main theater missions. If you hover over one of the blue main missions on the map, it will say whether it is a Theater Settlement mission, SHD mission, etc. After finishing 2 of them, go back to Theater Settlement and check the progress table. Grace will be there and you can then send her to the White House. Go there and talk to her to join or start a clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Went with turret first and then hive for that sweet sweet regen. Is there a way to just place the turret on the cover you are behind, rather than reefing it out into the open?

Just tap the button when in cover, your character should just reach up and place it above his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I read the gun mods are really bad and looking at the stats I have to agree but I made an extended mag for my gold acr. It reduced the rate of fire by 10% but increases the mag by 30 to 60. It's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I read the gun mods are really bad and looking at the stats I have to agree but I made an extended mag for my gold acr. It reduced the rate of fire by 10% but increases the mag by 30 to 60. It's insane.

Didn't they say a few weeks ago that all the mods will have positive and negative attributes. So faster rate of fire but a longer reload etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Yeah they want to eliminate that God roll mod grind and force players to make a choice that suits their build. Something to that effect anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Yeah im finding, I can do main missions with random people no problem but im finding it hard to get people for side missions etc

Advertisement