Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Sleeping in till 9am, getting up making coffee, ahhhh brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Old fashioned Irish logic, older lady talking to her bingo buddy in the queue in the local shop yesterday, TH

"yea, they were gobs*(^s txting that stuff about that poor girl, as for the other crowd, when my John had prostate cancer, no one told me he couldn't have this or that treatment cause it would affect his "boy bits:)", so why single out a woman, gobs*(^s all of them."

I think she is a bit fed up with the news this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭gifted

11 cats and mice...I'd run a mile.....yuk.

Kitchen looking at 2 sea bream and a sea bass plus 6 huge prawns, all bought fresh this morning at galway bay seafood market.....cooking images racing through my mind....happy place...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

11 cats in a house.

I'd love it! :pac:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd be more freaked out by 11 cats in a house. :eek:

TH after being to town for the weekly shop and everywhere is bright and colourful for Easter. And the smell of hot cross buns fresh from the oven as you pass by go in to the bakery. :pac:
    Yeah no I wouldn’t be mad on the idea of eleven cats either to be honest. I wouldn’t have cats inside my house which is weird because my dogs nearly have me sleeping on their bed while they take over mine but them pair are washed and groomed more than some people 😂

My dogs in my bed makes me happy even though it shouldn’t because they’re not allowed. When my oldest dog was a baby puppy he used to sleep with his nose nearly wedged into my mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I'd be more freaked out by 11 cats in a house. :eek:

It'd be a horde of hyperactive dogs for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It'd be a horde of hyperactive dogs for me.

Moderation in all things. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Lovely shopping trip, followed by a nap in the car on the way home, then I fell asleep in front of the fire for an hour and I just took off my makeup and am doing a face mask:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Domino's in on the way! Domino's in on the way! Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way! Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Domino's in on the way! Domino's in on the way! Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!
    Domino's in on the way!

Will you give the delivery guy a tip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've spent my evening looking through old photo albums. I love seeing pictures of my granny when she was younger. The pictures look like they should be in a movie. They're gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

On a budget so strictly no takeaways at the moment, but I splashed out and got a really nice microwave Curry and some naan breads tonight on the way home and it's nearly the same! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Very TH : I had it in mind to try and cook a leg of lamb Sunday (never done so !), and my MIL turned up today with a leg of lamb for me to cook :) (hadn't said anything !)
    And lots of goodies like freshly baked scones, choc and biscuits...

Sometimes she really annoys me, but most times she's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very TH : I had it in mind to try and cook a leg of lamb Sunday (never done so !), and my MIL turned up today with a leg of lamb for me to cook :) (hadn't said anything !)
    And lots of goodies like freshly baked scones, choc and biscuits...

Sometimes she really annoys me, but most times she's great :D

That aint no MIL; a fairy godmother more like ;)

My snug bed.. yay... Calm weather...daffodils a -flowering.,, sweet peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What does mal mean?

T.h. at Period coming few days early so instead of now waiting on it it'll be gone again today/tomorrow. And fine days and birds singing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister is gone away for the guts of a week so I have the house to myself (an extremely rare occurrence!). I m currently chillaxing in the bath with a glass of wine and a book and have nowhere to be and nobody to answer to (except the dog) for the entire day and night. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just dropped down the the local shop (for local people), and didn't bother turning off my telly or even locking my door. Put on my headphones with music on shuffle, got home after 15 minutes, listening to a song called 'Still Hungry'. The person on screen on the telly was Thierry Henry, and I just thought, Still Henry...(even though he wasn't on when I left).

That might make sense to a few people. And here:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My sister is gone away for the guts of the week so I have the house to myself (an extremely rare occurrence!). I m currently chillaxing in the bath with a glass of wine and a book and have nowhere to be and nobody to answer to (except the dog) for the entire day and night. Bliss!

I get just a few of those days a year and absolutely love them. Just alone enjoying my own company.
    Some people think it is weird though!

The near instant heat from central heating, when you've been pottering outside and the North East wind decides to add a chill to the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This video

I get just a few of those days a year and absolutely love them. Just alone enjoying my own company.

They're the weird ones.

I get that a lot when folk realise I am alone .. I tell them that if you do not enjoy your own company, how can you expect others to enjoy being with you?

The near instant heat from central heating, when you've been pottering outside and the North East wind decides to add a chill to the day.
    When the heatings on a timer
    So the house is like an oven when you walk in after a long day at work :D

Dunnes Stores has 18 cans of Coke Zero for 6 euro so guess who’s going to do the dog on the vodka tonight? TH myself, thanks Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It was so cute earlier on.

Myself and my partner were sitting in the kitchen sampling gin when our six year old came in. We'd Oasis blaring on the CD player.

Young lad high on chocolate starts dancing in front of us and shouting out.
    Wellllllll. What's the Story Morning Glory.__..._

We both got up and started dancing with him.

Loved it, Oasis are now offically a Dad band, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Spent the day with my little niece today. We spent hours over Christmas playing with her model ponies, and the first toys she pulled out today when she saw me were the ponies and jumps.
    I've decided that means even at two and a half she has fond memories of playing ponies with her aunt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Phone is now charging!!!!! Praise the Lords!!!!

Got two Easter eggs off my brother, both from my baby niece :D
    He never buys me Easter eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

There is a horse called 'Whatchamacallit' running in Fairyhouse tomorrow (at 1:50).

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I fancy 'sitewithplanning' in the next 2:20. Putting the house on it.

• Advertisement

Just watched the sun rising across a perfectly calm sea. The air is fresh and clear. A beautiful morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement