Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

Haven't they recently announced that they are changing them to a round rather that rectangle and calling the iceBurger?

ooh I didn't know that.
    I got a round iceberger type icecream from a polish shop the other day, .90c.
    I wonder now was it a HB new version, and that I just didn't notice with the foreign language on it.
    must investigate tomorrow;)..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All has gone quiet out there after a day of savage wind and rain, Unearthly silence....It woke me. Glad of it. Can hear a cat munching...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My neighbour. I don't know her very long and I'm leaving soon but she's a pet. She's great craic and makes me laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TH I have created an Iceberger craze in AH today.

:P

Woke from a deep sleep not knowing where I am etc. clearly running a temperature and feeling drunk! Interesting!
    The heavy rain has stopped but a thick mist is ...... surrounding on all sides and under and over. Sodden . Air is water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

Watching love blossom between senior citizens.
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Woke from a deep sleep not knowing where I am etc. clearly running a temperature and feeling drunk! Interesting!
    The heavy rain has stopped but a thick mist is ...... surrounding on all sides and under and over. Sodden . Air is water.

Bless
    *runs cold water over face cloth and wraps it around an iceberger
    *hands to Srameen. You can take it from here pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

Bless
    *runs cold water over face cloth and wraps it around an iceberger
    *hands to Srameen. You can take it from here pal

Why me?
    I'll give it to Mrs S. She, unlike me, likes the things.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1-year-old just waddled into me in the study where I'm on my laptop. He smiled, touched my knee and I lifted him up and we went to YouTube where I googled tigers. Every time the tiger roared he'd move his little right hand forward towards the screen like a paw grabbing at something and make the loudest little roar he could, and then he'd beam up at me in delight at his tiger roaring skills. Crazily cute. Then he waddled off again.

While I'm at it, special mention is due to the wife who heard the tv on at 5am this morning, woke me up panicking (the women's liberation movement bypassed her!) to go down and check who was in the house. Fúck: all I want is sleep. I grabbed a camán quietly from the airing room on the landing and tiptoed down the stairs. When I arrived into the sitting room the tv was definitely on and I looked a bit closer and she had managed to use Chromecast on her phone to cast Ben & Holly, which she had put on when the 3-year-old joined us in the leaba, to the downstairs tv. Fecking hell. The drama.

Still, nothing beats our trip to Killiney Hill Park earlier this week. Being a "big picture" creative type of woman I usually wouldn't trust her for nuanced reports or detailed accounts of anything (although she can zoom in on my shirt or tie quicker than Hyacinth Bucket), and certainly I wouldn't trust her near anything technological (see above) but as I was driving I let her at it. She said she'd put Killiney Hill Park into Google Maps. "There, got it", she said reassuringly, and I listened to her directions. After a while it was clear we were going the wrong way, so I pulled over and looked at the phone. We were going to Kilimanjaro - yes, that feckin' mountain in Tanzania. By car. Jesus. In absolute fairness to her, it's a bit (!) lacking in localisation of Google to have Kilimanjaro as even an option, never mind a top option, on an Irish gps system (just how many people have ever driven from Dublin to Kilimanjaro?) but after that I'm completely and utterly bereft of words!

The first part is adorable; the second is funny; but the third part is hysterically funny!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

Why me?
    I'll give it to Mrs S. She, unlike me, likes the things.
    Your thread. You're the gaffer.

Get well soon Graces

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that accommodation for the festival is sorted. Always knew it'd be easier to stay with the OH (or the OH and his friends), but I had to let him come to that realisation on his own :P

• Advertisement

The daddy :)

bed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Not trivial. My wife and my daughter. I'm a jammy bastard. An Infinitely jammy bastard some might say. :)

Not trivial. My wife and my daughter. I'm a jammy bastard. An Infinitely jammy bastard some might say. :)

Please mute that to what we used to say! Jammy beggar!!!!!Sounds.. nicer ;)

My bed..... no desire to be else... Just ventured out to check the pretty blue flowering plant J bought me.. campanula... So pretty and bright .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Having a crap time lately but my mam bought me a new Yankee candle and new pjs and now everything is ok again :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Left the house later than normal this morning because the boy wanted some cuddles that I was happy to provide for as long as possible.
    When I started driving, I thought the traffic was going to be madness, but god bless the traffic gods, it was light this morning and got into work before I normally would.
    Bonus cuddles and I get to leave work a little earlier today. Proper Bo.

The scent in the air this morning after the slight rain. It's like the perfumes have been given a good mix and were sprayed everywhere.

Just checked the seed trays outside and there are FIFTEEN sunflowers up,many with their second true leaves emerging strong and green.

They have endured the gales and deluges so summer is looking... sunny and .....flowery,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It's raining and I don't feel guilty about staying indoors for a bit :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

A quarter of an ambien and a bottle of cider.

Took a 40 year old Doll's House down from the attack - Good as new, in it's original box, all the accessories, people etc. Our granddaughter is having a great time playing with it. Heart-warming to see a young imagination at work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had a ****e day failing an exam and getting soaked to the bone so went to subway on the way home \o/ It was A1 Sharon :pac: :pac:

Had a ****e day failing an exam and getting soaked to the bone so went to subway on the way home \o/ It was A1 Sharon :pac: :pac:

(((HUGS))))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    (((HUGS))))

Thanks grace :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looking forward to seeing Solo - A Star Wars Story in the cinema on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I started jiving classes recently :o didn't really think it'd be my bag but it has been loads of fun and very easy to pick up!

Several hours sleep will make me very happy.. here's hoping... DIVE, DIVE. DIVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In bed, and I think I fixed the issue with my PS4. TH about both of those :D

• Advertisement

That my kitchen is no longer disorderly..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement