Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I would not like be person who took a pint of his by accident in the pub I will put it that way.

Really wanted to like him as I admire where he has come from but still.

There is nothing to admire about him.

What has he done that’s so great?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

BBFAN wrote: »
    I did have some respect for John Connors right up until that Lidl tweet. He blew it then and I'd love to see him defend that.

What exactly had he previously said that earned respect from you and others?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

timthumbni wrote: »
    I don’t know why people skirt around this issue. In NI I have had thankfully little contact with travellers as they tend to stay around the nationalist side up here. The few encounters I have had and talking with others who have had have been entirely negative.

Endless anti social behaviour and stealing. No one wants that carry on as neighbours.

I live in the center of a town with a population of 12k inducing the wider area. In past months the newspapers have been reporting about all the thieving that's been ongoing on in the town. There was a public meeting where the guards announced there were ramping up police numbers on the street and I've noticed a lot of premises are sticking up signs on their front that saying they have a right to refuse admission and that the shop is under police surveillance.

The newspapers don't say but it's clear the majority of this thieving is done by travellers. Every day they hang around the town , you can't go out to the shops without seeing them somewhere. Just the other day in Mr Price there were 2 teenager travellers arguing with the duty manager and one of them with a raised voice saying "...this isn't yoouur shop". So they do understand the concept of employment.

Last week I was casually walking down the high-street when someone hit me in the arm as I passed them taking me by complete surprised. I turned around to see the usual all female traveller trio waking speedily away - so fast I hadn't a chance to give her a mouthfull. Only a few days later the same woman was in Dealz as I was leaving and stood in the doorway blocking it as I stood behind her. I couldn't help but barge through her nudging her out of the way. Gottcha.
    I don't forget.

I was telling this to my sis who recently bought a house in the outskirs of the town. I was telling her about this and she reported seeing a male traveller with 2 kids harassing and intimidating a very small Vietnamese man with a severe limp, must be some kind of refugee, where they were calling him a wonka something or other. Thankfully some other passers by saw this and told him of eff-off. He was with his own kids like - training them up I suppose.

This town has grown a lot over the last dozen years and a lot of new estates have popped up. My sis who looks after disabled kids knows the town like the back of her hand. She has to drive around to all the estates to pick them up and in doing so she knows where the housed travellers live and used this knowledge to great advantage in buying her own place . She says you just have to note all the junk thrown out in their front lawns to know what kind of ppl they are. What a sorry state of affairs that when one is buying a house one has to take into consideration whether there are any travellers in the area.

I find all of this really depressing and I can't believe it has been allowed to happen whatever the complex reasons for it are. They bring down the whole tone of the area and it's no wonder ppl can't stand them. I wish they would all just disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

timthumbni wrote: »
    I don’t know why people skirt around this issue. In NI I have had thankfully little contact with travellers as they tend to stay around the nationalist side up here. The few encounters I have had and talking with others who have had have been entirely negative.

Endless anti social behaviour and stealing. No one wants that carry on as neighbours.

Are you one of those ex Loyalist Paramilitaries he was referring to?

286090c304109576b89ccf9502c03707.jpg

Nope. The loyalist paramilitaries were just as big scumbags as the Ira.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

AllForIt wrote: »
    I live in the center of a town with a population of 12k inducing the wider area. In past months the newspapers have been reporting about all the thieving that's been ongoing on in the town. There was a public meeting where the guards announced there were ramping up police numbers on the street and I've noticed a lot of premises are sticking up signs on their front that saying they have a right to refuse admission and that the shop is under police surveillance.

The newspapers don't say but it's clear the majority of this thieving is done by travellers. Every day they hang around the town , you can't go out to the shops without seeing them somewhere. Just the other day in Mr Price there were 2 teenager travellers arguing with the duty manager and one of them with a raised voice saying "...this isn't yoouur shop". So they do understand the concept of employment.

Last week I was casually walking down the high-street when someone hit me in the arm as I passed them taking me by complete surprised. I turned around to see the usual all female traveller trio waking speedily away - so fast I hadn't a chance to give her a mouthfull. Only a few days later the same woman was in Dealz as I was leaving and stood in the doorway blocking it as I stood behind her. I couldn't help but barge through her nudging her out of the way. Gottcha.
    I don't forget.

I was telling this to my sis who recently bought a house in the outskirs of the town. I was telling her about this and she reported seeing a male traveller with 2 kids harassing and intimidating a very small Vietnamese man with a severe limp, must be some kind of refugee, where they were calling him a wonka something or other. Thankfully some other passers by saw this and told him of eff-off. He was with his own kids like - training them up I suppose.

This town has grown a lot over the last dozen years and a lot of new estates have popped up. My sis who looks after disabled kids knows the town like the back of her hand. She has to drive around to all the estates to pick them up and in doing so she knows where the housed travellers live and used this knowledge to great advantage in buying her own place . She says you just have to note all the junk thrown out in their front lawns to know what kind of ppl they are. What a sorry state of affairs that when one is buying a house one has to take into consideration whether there are any travellers in the area.

I find all of this really depressing and I can't believe it has been allowed to happen whatever the complex reasons for it are. They bring down the whole tone of the area and it's no wonder ppl can't stand them. I wish they would all just disappear.

Where is this place so I can avoid it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

John Connors calling guards scum is an attack on law and order of the state , many towns and villages have been taken over by travellers especially since all the Garda stations closed . At present birth levels travellers are going to be a greater threat to the law and order of the state than the provos every were .
    PS it’s estimated as few as a third of travellers filled in the most recent cencus reports

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

hurler32 wrote: »
    John Connors calling guards scum is an attack on law and order of the state , many towns and villages have been taken over by travellers especially since all the Garda stations closed . At present birth levels travellers are going to be a greater threat to the law and order of the state than the provos every were .
    PS it’s estimated as few as a third of travellers filled in the most recent cencus reports

I bet they weren't threatened with a fine or prosecution? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

hurler32 wrote: »
    John Connors calling guards scum is an attack on law and order of the state

Yet he gives the Lidl looters props because they're taking on ''the big corporations''. Yes John, Lidl, the bloody chain that gives people in the lower income bracket a place to shop at a fair price. Lidl is a godsend for many people in so-called disadvantaged areas. Brings employment too for those that want to work... that obviously doesn't include the **** that robbed and wrecked it.

Connors is an absolute donkey of the highest order and a faux intellectual to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Didn't see him in the LLS, simply refused to watch him cos I'd have spent the interview shouting at the TV.

I guess the irony was lost on him, a traveller, calling the guards scumbags.

Hopefully Rte won't give this non entity any more airtime to defend his robbing friends and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yet he gives the Lidl looters props because they're taking on ''the big corporations''. Yes John, Lidl, the bloody chain that gives people in the lower income bracket a place to shop at a fair price.
    Beyond thick. So much so that he removed it. It was something like "Those ***** rob us every day". Bless! No invitations to Mensa to worry about just yet. :)

It was populist, dumb, thought-free and just said for the sake of being a contrarian. Most annoying of all though were the morons who liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭richiepurgas

TV3 were first to wheel him out, now RTE. He's as thick as you'll get but knows how to perform like a circus monkey. On cue, he'll say something to shock.
    One mighty pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TV3 were first to wheel him out, now RTE. He's as thick as you'll get but knows how to perform like a circus monkey. On cue, he'll say something to shock.
    One mighty pain in the arse.
    Sounds like a male version of Louise O'Neill. It'd be funny if they got married :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

He's a mouth and a wanker and has a chip on his shoulder the size of Europe. Always whinging and bloody moaning, he's a complete pain in the arse.

And don't get me started on the praise he heaped on the lads who destroyed and looted that Lidl (the shop that provides decent food at an affordable price to the lower income people he pretends to care about) - I was shouting at the computer screen when I was reading it.

Cardboard Gangsters is a decent film though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Will we ever have a politician that will actually call a spade a spade and tell it how it is.

They all seem to be lying scum if I'm honest.

If he said some cops are dirty then I would agree as I've come across a few but then of course there are those that are great and will go out of their way to help.

John I hope we never cross paths and that I would have any conversation with you because you're a grade 1 tool.

Foxhound38 wrote: »

Where he plays, suprise suprise, a scumbag. Such range! Also, it was kinda sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

What's to admire?

His profile is completely down to the uber political correctness of rte, they can't get enough of minority profiles.

At 8 quid a pint, I wouldn't touch his either-and then he goes on about drinking 10 to 15 each, on a night out... where the hell is he getting 120 quid, a night, at least, to pay for booze? And where are his friends getting that much?
    Then he spoke about his cousins and their kids being in emergency accomodation/ hostels... if you didn't spend 120 quid on alcohol, maybe you could afford rent. God, I can barely afford a night out every 2 weeks or so, and that's only 'if' I go out. And pints are between €4 and €5 euros in the places I go to.
    Sounds like a male version of Louise O'Neill. It'd be funny if they got married :pac:

She'd never marry him- he spoke out against the abortion referendum.

Oh God, the idiot went and threatened to sue Catherine Murphy TD. What a turd he truly is. (You don't know the law, Johnny. Stop acting like you do).

https://twitter.com/johnconnors1990/status/1041274843788926976

He's being branded as a 'snowflake' on twitter-which is hilarious tbh (Stefanie Preissner said we need to get over that term, as people are often mocked for expressing emotions. That's not what I call a 'snowflake'. Snowflakes are people offended at anything). I did watch the 'edited' segment on the RTe player-and tbh, despite all it's proselytizing, it seemed incredibly out of touch. Ryan and Johnny mocking alcohol abuse.
    Not touching on how the Government is essentially doing sweet F.A. to curb the problem of the housing crisis. I mean, Preissner mentioned how her landlord turfed her out because his son is moving back in to the house she was renting sounded dodgy. A few landlords pull that, and then rent out the place at an even higher rental cost.
    And that's happening across the country.

The Johnny Connors thing is a discussion point because the show, essentially, was it's bland, boring self again. And further showed up Ryan as useless. He could have curbed the interview, stopped it in its tracks.
    Now there's talk of legal action-good luck getting Connors to pay that. Pfft.

Where he plays, suprise suprise, a scumbag. Such range! Also, it was kinda sh*t.

Was he even acting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

feargale wrote: »
    What exactly had he previously said that earned respect from you and others?

Standing up for Brandon in the face of outrageous nit slurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

There's a few Travellers in my boxing club I train away with, they're sound lads. Quiet, respectful of the coaches and everyone else who's in there. Good craic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

He's not even a good actor. Got some fame from Love/Hate but he was terrible in it.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    There's a few Travellers in my boxing club I train away with, they're sound lads. Quiet, respectful of the coaches and everyone else who's in there. Good craic as well.

Cool. John Connors is still a wanker though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭rovertom

Wheety wrote: »
    He's not even a good actor. Got some fame from Love/Hate but he was terrible in it.

Only this prat could manage to be far less likeable in real life than the traveller character he played in love hate. When you consider that his character was a pipe bombing murderer, that says something.

Thread title should be changed to John Connors is a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    He's a mouth and a wanker and has a chip on his shoulder the size of Europe. Always whinging and bloody moaning, he's a complete pain in the arse.

And don't get me started on the praise he heaped on the lads who destroyed and looted that Lidl (the shop that provides decent food at an affordable price to the lower income people he pretends to care about) - I was shouting at the computer screen when I was reading it.

Agree with all of that except the bit about that absolute piece of dung film the dirty cnut made. That was a load of **** and the fcuking gobsh1te certainly wasn’t stretched too far as an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Agree with all of that except the bit about that absolute piece of dung film the dirty cnut made. That was a load of **** and the fcuking gobsh1te certainly wasn’t stretched too far as an actor.

In Ireland we tend to celebrate average, which is why, when something good comes along that was made in Ireland, we're rather surprised.
    (Even the Oscar nommed' Irish movies are average).
    FTA69 wrote: »

For the most part there are many who choose to work rather than be idle, and stay on the good side of the law (Boxing, like anything, gives you an outlet-something to take out your pent up aggression or anxiety. Plus you're learning law and order.). I know many who do really great work like collecting scrap iron (my dad used to often call em when had gates and old machinery that was rusted or broken-on they would come, collect it, and essentially do him a great service. It could cost a lot to get rid of it, they'd take for free. Genuinely decent people).

But then you have the likes of John who seems to think they are persecuted in some way. Uh, no, Mr Connors, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The newspapers don't say but it's clear the majority of this thieving is done by travellers.

Clear to who now?
    Every day they hang around the town , you can't go out to the shops without seeing them somewhere.

Jesus! You have to look at them - that must be tough on you all right.

the other day in Mr Price there were 2 teenager travellers arguing with the duty manager and one of them with a raised voice saying "...this isn't yoouur shop". So they do understand the concept of employment.

Sounds horrific. Do you need counselling after witnessing this scene of depravity?

week I was casually walking down the high-street when someone hit me in the arm as I passed them taking me by complete surprised. I turned around to see the usual all female traveller trio waking speedily away - so fast I hadn't a chance to give her a mouthfull. Only a few days later the same woman was in Dealz as I was leaving and stood in the doorway blocking it as I stood behind her. I couldn't help but barge through her nudging her out of the way. Gottcha.
    I don't forget.

:rolleyes:

was telling this to my sis who recently bought a house in the outskirs of the town. I was telling her about this and she reported seeing a male traveller with 2 kids harassing and intimidating a very small Vietnamese man with a severe limp, must be some kind of refugee, where they were calling him a wonka something or other. Thankfully some other passers by saw this and told him of eff-off. He was with his own kids like - training them up I suppose.

Great anecdote - sounds kinda bull****ty though.

find all of this really depressing and I can't believe it has been allowed to happen whatever the complex reasons for it are. They bring down the whole tone of the area and it's no wonder ppl can't stand them. I wish they would all just disappear.

I'm surprised Boards allows hate-speach like this.

Actually, I'm not at all - as long as it travellers it's fine apparently.

We had a lovely terrorist organisation that carried out disappearances in the mot too distant past - maybe you could get onto them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I know many who do really great work like collecting scrap iron (my dad used to often call em when had gates and old machinery that was rusted or broken-on they would come, collect it, and essentially do him a great service. .

We have a few who provide the same service in where I work......we don't even have to ask them, they just come unannounced in the night and help themselves to whatever "scrap" isn't nailed down.

Daycent boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Cool. John Connors is still a wanker though.

He may well be but I think it's fair to say that the thread has shifted in parts from discussing Connors and into the usual bi-weekly rantathon about Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

mfceiling wrote: »

What will Connors or his like do this week?

I wonder:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't be stupid.... they aren't cousins:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If Michael O'Leary of Ryanair or some other famous non-traveller person called the Gardaí "SCUM" on telly, do you think the media would be staying as quiet about this as they seem to be about Mr. Connors calling the Gardaí "SCUM"?

They would in their hole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement