Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

blue note wrote: »
    I said a fair chance. As in two people of equal ability going for the same role - do they have a 50% chance of getting a job? No, they don't. It's dramatically lower I would say. If they want to be tax paying, respected members of society they have to do much more than the vast majority of the country.

And there is a reason why the vast majority of bar owners wouldn't employ a traveller, because of past experiences with travellers, it's a viscous cycle, and one that travellers have no interest in getting off. I think most people, if they saw a traveller, or anyone, trying to better themselves, they would give them a chance. Travellers don't seem interested in helping themselves, and why would they? Never have to work a day in their lives, above the law, every social welfare support they could ask for.

Anyway, back to John Conors, I liked him in love hate, thought he was shocking bad in cardboard gangsters, and think like a lot of Z list celebs he should stay off Twitter, before he started telling us what he really thought I thought he was one of the travellers I mentioned above that wanted to better himself and help break the cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Blames the state and society (you the taxpayer) at every opportunity

Admits he left school early for no other good reason than peer pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I didn't hand over money to go and see that film specifically because he was in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I didn't hand over money to go and see that film specifically because he was in it

Why did you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would love to see him test his acting ability and play against type i.e not playing himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

TomSweeney wrote:
    I reckon his next role will be some type of scumbag criminal character ... just a hunch ...

Did you see his film "Breathe" ?
    If not, do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

448047.PNG

448046.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Omackeral wrote:
    Brilliant?! Not a chance. It's got a wafer thin plot and sub par actors. It's alright I suppose but brilliant?! No way. It's very by the numbers.

I think it seemed like a look at the type of choices young people face in certain areas.
    Sometimes the point of a film isn't to tell a good story, but to tell a real one.
    It felt like a real story to me.
    (Don't confuse real with true, please)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

**** off ****

I'm starting to like this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would love to see him test his acting ability and play against type i.e not playing himself

He played a fantastic Hamlet 4 years ago in the Abbey. Critically acclaimed. Rave reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

He is not a bit of a wanker, he is, imo a monumental wanker.

He played a fantastic Hamlet 4 years ago in the Abbey. Critically acclaimed. Rave reviews

"With such dexterity to incestuous sheets!
    It is not, nor it cannot come to good."

fantastically suited to the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

His King Lear was not so well received.

"Yer the king of dog's ****e!!" opined one colourful critic on social media.

Are they going to do the sequel?

"Rosencrantz and Pajo Ward are dead"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

glasso wrote: »
    Are they going to do the sequel?

"Rosencrantz and Pajo Ward are dead"

Theyre currently casting for a Juliet for his Romeo
    Louise O'Neill is tipped to get the nod.

Theyre currently casting for a Juliet for his Romeo
    Louise O'Neill is tipped to get the nod.

She'd make a better mad Ophelia really

• Registered Users Posts: 15,712 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Art thou partial to dags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Summer In the City

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I wasn't aware you had to be convicted of a crime for people to think you're a gob****e.

There is a thing called context. You don't get it. Like a 4 year old. This is my problem with threads like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Summer In the City

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I wasn't aware you had to be convicted of a crime for people to think you're a gob****e.

There is a thing called context. You don't get it, like a 4 year old. This is my problem with threads like this.

After Hours used to be decent a decade ago but now it's crawling with the spud version of the worst type of irish Daily Mail commenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

John Connors is a pretty self pitying sad case chacater.

Makes acting career based on his niche of being a traveller indeed plays many travellers (love/hate)

yet whinges incessantly on being judged as a traveller.

ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

After Hours used to be decent a decade ago but now it's crawling with the spud version of the worst type of irish Daily Mail commenter.

I remember when all this was fields. :rollseyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Thread title = biggest understatement of 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Thread title = biggest understatement of 2018?

Sorry about that friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

He’s a massive wanker with a massive chip on his shoulder.

He’s a typical traveller who thinks he and his ilk are victimised by the rest of the country.

He makes a living by portraying travellers in movies and tv shows. Every character he plays is a scumbag who adds nothing to society. Hmmmm....

I believe the theatre lovies call it playing to type:D

Connors is a wankbag, plain and simple. He's not even much of an actor, in fact I'd go so far as to say he's fairly shíte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

John will be a terrific romantic lead when he gets to Hollywood...

23rr0d4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

She's way too old to be the bride, she'd never pass for 16 ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

This is hilarious:

Shocked Traveller actor John Connors, 28, says he’s being hit by ‘tsunami of racism’ and is now online hate target after announcing his support for Eighth Amendment

Like many a darling of the left before him, John has discovered that, when they turn on you, they turn on you bad.

Imagine the head scratching and twitter discussions that must have gone on in "liberal" circles when he "came out" as to whether they should attack him, or put it down to his culture, before they finally decided to go Full Nazi on him. God I love liberals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Gravelly wrote: »
    This is hilarious:

Shocked Traveller actor John Connors, 28, says he’s being hit by ‘tsunami of racism’ and is now online hate target after announcing his support for Eighth Amendment

Like many a darling of the left before him, John has discovered that, when they turn on you, they turn on you bad.

Imagine the head scratching and twitter discussions that must have gone on in "liberal" circles when he "came out" as to whether they should attack him, or put it down to his culture, before they finally decided to go Full Nazi on him. God I love liberals :D

Very insensitive of John Connors to use a term where almost 300k people died in South East Asia to describe some online abuse.

Shame on you, JC, shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What a tool....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,712 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Gravelly wrote: »

Indeed. The self-labelled 'liberals' are only liberal and tolerant when your view aligns with theirs...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement