Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rookie - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GSRNBP

Bit of an interesting one this week, very enjoyable but a little off that these cops keep getting shot so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Damm that was a cracking episode this week the last third was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Still on the bubble about cancellation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think The Rookie will be fine - it's a network owned show and it's doing quite well considering it's in a bad slot. I think it'll be renewed and moved (or something better preceding it) but it'll have to perform better next season to stay alive after that.

I would hope so. Plus from reading other sites Nathan Fillion's star seems to shine bright with ABC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is it not annoying anyone that most of LA seems to live in the same apartment complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Thursday the 21st of March 2019 on Sky Witness

This show is just getting better week on week in my books. Really seems to be finding its feet with the characters too.

Damm this show really is bloody good this weeks episode was great.

The drama when it hits mixed with the humour is top drawer.

Can't agree more. Loved the episode this week. Even Bradford has gone from annoying the hell out of me to just a mild annoyance.

• Advertisement

Sarah Shahi :)

Top class drama again in the closing 3rd.

I see their numbers went up this week. Still a 50/50 for cancel/renew but it is looking better.

I don't think it's 50/50; it's doing very well on +3/+7 - it's likely to be renewed I think.

I don't think it's 50/50; it's doing very well on +3/+7 - it's likely to be renewed I think.

The TV Grim Reaper is a cynical bastard!!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, but awful lead-in and bad night and it's still pulling 0.73 with strong +3/+7 (for context it's basically the same live ratings and better +3 as the premiere and second episode of Whiskey Cavalier which is a new highly advertised show!) and it's owned by ABC tells me that they will give it a second season with either a new lead-in or on a new night.

A truly amazing 42 minutes of TV this week.

I think it's also now a firm contender for renewal with a new day or stronger lead-in. Live ratings and viewership is still dwindling around the same level as Whiskey Cavalier (which it sounds like I'm picking on it, but it's really the only comparator on ABC at the minute) but it's at least doubling both its viewership and ratings in the +3 figures.

Personally, I'd also be genuinely gutted if it wasn't renewed!

A truly amazing 42 minutes of TV this week.
    HOLY ****.

Nooooooooo.:eek:

That was honestly super unexpected!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus that was a tough watch. I cried.

Stellar TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yet another great episode but very, very sad and unexpected. Especially
    after she avoids drowning. Actually I felt angry watching that scumbag kill her, which is silly I know because I know it's not real, but I liked her character

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, I really really really expected it to be part of a test, great acting by all involved.

• @CK!!

Can not believe that.
    She was a great character and brilliantly protrayed as a proper caring badass. Seriously F@ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Brilliant episode all around . The concept of the reversal was cool and the ending. Well - we'll say no more . But dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 44,877 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

She answered her phone!?

She answered her phone!?

That was my only WTF moment of the fantastic episode. Totally out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the 16 episodes over the past few days. Needless to say I enjoyed it to do that. And what a note to catch up to, though I was kinda spoiled.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pleasantly surprised to see the mostly positive reactions to the show here. Really enjoying it myself. Most recent episode was extremely well done.

Hoping this gets renewed for a second stint. Much better than some of the other stuff that's renewed year on year imo anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've lost track of the number of good episodes in a row. 17, maybe? :)

Another cracker this week.

Joel McHale playing a smug asshole. Didn't see that one coming. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are we going to get a series of joke captains or will the next be the one, I wonder.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Tim and Nolan interact back at the station and hearing the comments. Or even just have Tim talk to Bishop about him.

Anyone else find it annoying when the program description of a show references something that happens halfway through the episode. I usually don't read descriptions and I know they're meant to get people to watch, but this one mentioning the earthquake and it happened halfway through and wasn't too big of a deal.
    Reminds me of an episode of Hawaii Five-0 where they were looking for someone then found them dead about 15 or 20 mins in. The description had said something like "while investigating the death of..."

• Advertisement

Another fantastic episode this week.

If this show gets cancelled then Nathan Fillion can rightly say he has two of the very one season shows cancelled way to soon.

Advertisement