Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I just read the headlines, but yeah, they all sound positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

6 hours of cutscenes? they better be very good or very skippable. Skillup has a video up on youtube after playing it for three hours, looks good.
    couple of negatives
    - it's been six years in development and not adding much to the genre
    - weapons feel under powered but this may be because they need to be levelled up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty negative preview after the hands on from metro gamecentral:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/days-gone-hands-on-preview-and-interview-we-have-the-ingredients-to-create-a-really-unique-experience-8826097/

Pretty much reinforces all my fears about how banal the game sounds like it will be.

• Advertisement

As a Walking Dead/ Sons of Anarchy 'em up, this is very appealing to me. I know it screams generic but I definitely want to play it. GS offering 50 quid for Red Dead 2 if you preorder it makes even more tempting. Anyway, just under a month to go, will wait till much closer to release before deciding.

Some new gameplay and info on the game

Devs talking about how they programmed the Hordes. Some nice details in this, pity IGN recorded the devs audio with a potato.

Trophy list:
    Platinum - One Percenter - Go above and BEYOND, unlocking every trophy in Days Gone

Bronze - Just a Flesh Wound - Get out of Crazy Willie's

Bronze - Special Delivery - Make a delivery to Tucker or Copeland

Bronze - The Ends and the Means - Discover what happened to NERO

Bronze - Lost and Found - Drive south with Boozer

Bronze - Brothers in Arm - Check up on Boozer

Bronze - Take Back Your Name - Return the favor

Bronze - Riding NOMAD - Take to the road alone

Bronze - Hold on Tight - See a familiar face

Bronze - It's Getting Cold Outside - Reconnect with what you lost

Silver - Morior Invictus - Ride out to take back what's yours

Bronze - I've Been Waiting for This - Take revenge, once and for all

Gold - Days Done - Complete the story of Days Gone

Silver - Ambush Camp Hunter - Complete the Ambush Camp Hunter storyline

Silver - Infestation Exterminator - Complete the Infestation Exterminator storyline

Silver - Marauder Camp Hunter - Complete the Marauder Camp Hunter storyline

Silver - World's End - Complete the World's End storyline

Silver - One Down - Defeat your first Horde

Bronze - Farewell Drift - Accumulate 10 minutes of drifting while on your bike

Silver - This is a Knife - Kill a Breaker, Reacher, or Rager with a knife

Bronze - Ghost of Farewell - Get 100 stealth kills

Bronze - Old Reliable - Kill 200 Enemies with a Crafted Weapon

Silver - Variety is the Spice of Life - Kill an enemy with every type of crossbow bolt

Silver - Farewell Original - Purchase an upgrade under the Performance, Visual, and Paint Categories for your bike

Bronze - First Time Buyer - Upgrade your bike for the first time

Bronze - Burnout Apocalypse - Use nitro and drift at the same time on your bike time for at least 5 seconds

Bronze - The Art of Bike Repair - Apply 100 scrap to your bike

Bronze - You've Got Red on You - Collect 541 Items from corpses

Bronze - Lend Me Your Ears - Collect 989 Freaker Ears

Bronze - Finders Keepers - Unlock your first collectible

Bronze - Wannabe Fortune Hunter - Unlock over 50% of the collectibles

Silver - The Broken Roadshow - Unlock over 75% of collectibles

Bronze - Surviving isn't Living - Rescue 10 survivors

Bronze - Better Living through Chemistry - Upgrade either your Health, Stamina, or Focus for the first time

Silver - Performance Enhanced - Max out either your Health, Stamina, or Focus

Silver - Best Friends Forever - Receive the Allied Trust status with an Encampment

Gold - Best Friends Forever (For Life) - Gain the Allied Trust status with three different Encampments

Silver - Make it Rain - Spend 20,000 credits at one Encampment

Silver - Welcome to the Party, Pal - Clear all Ambush Camps, Infestations, and NERO Checkpoints in a single region

Bronze - Kitchen Courier - Sell Animal Meat or Plants to any Encampment

Bronze - Don't Stop Me Now - Unlock your first skill

Bronze - I'm Out of Control - Unlock 15 skills

Bronze - There's No Stopping Me - Unlock 30 skills

Silver - Mr. Fahrenheit - Unlock 45 skills

Bronze - Go Kick Rocks - Knock down 12 Anarchist Cairns

Bronze - D.I.Y. Oregonian - Craft 50 items

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

^^^ Nice, no difficulty or really stupid ones. Like most of the big PS4 exclusives, the trophy list is basically just "Do everything in the game and you'll get the platinum"

Pre-ordered today, guess I'm all in now. Avengers End Game Thursday, Days Gone Friday, roll on the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Some new gameplay and info on the game

Devs talking about how they programmed the Hordes. Some nice details in this, pity IGN recorded the devs audio with a potato.

I like what they're aiming for. Whether they get there or not is another thing, but if reviews are solid, I'm in.

Having said that, I'll never be okay with playing a character named Deacon Fecking St John.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll probably pre-order Days Gone to get the bonuses, but might wait a week or two before playing it. Mortal Kombat 11 is out on the Tuesday and hope to be up to my guts in guts :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon to and get this.

Some new gameplay uploaded, the guy likes going in gun blazing. Human enemies are fairly average but the freakers are relentless. One great bit on a broken road, kills 3 or 4 and then looks over the railing to see 20+ running towards him.

Game will be 67gb's and the review embargo lifts day before release 25th April 1pm Irish time.

Some influencers got a cool kit sent out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Benzino

Review embargo lifting the day before release is never a good sign imo. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Benzino wrote: »
    Review embargo lifting the day before release is never a good sign imo. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Why? It's before release not after or on the day. :confused:
    Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head with pre-orders. I think everyone knows the risk of doing that with any game.

I think the majority of review embargo's are the day before releases these days. Red Dead 2 review was a day before release as well, nothing to worry about.

I think the difference is R* has the benefit of the doubt because they have a long successful history so in their case it was most probably to safeguard aganst spoilers.

I'd argue the reviews of some of their games in particular GTA IV & RDR2 were still way off the mark even when they did arrive.
    I fully expect Days Gone to get favourable but not stellar reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony has usually given a week or more before release at Thier embargo date. Two human was day before. I'm thinking theyve not got faith in glowing reviews for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Benzino

It seems like I'm outta touch so, thought it was usually a week for most games.

Whatever about review embargo's, I read that 'influencers' will be allowed to stream this from the 22nd. If true, then why have review embargo? I've seen that early stream backfire when games are giving to people with a not a lot of interest in the game but have a lot of followers. I remember Angry Joe giving out about division 2 because of mechanics which are completely normal for the game and work as intended but because he had little interest in it, he just put it down to bring a negative and a ton of comments like 'wow, this game sounds ****'.

A video leaked yesterday of the first hour of the game. I read that the loading needs to be fixed as it takes 10-15 minutes to load into the game. Turns out the player started recording but left out at a 'press start to continue screen' which someone took to be a loading screen. The writing was in French so you can forgive the poor lad for jumping straight on the interwebz to give out.

A legitimate complaint I've seen so far is the flash light points wherever the camera is looking and not where Deacon is pointing as it is not physically attached to him. Strange one but I'd prefer that over no flash light like division 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I will probably get this to fill the The Last of Us void in my life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Best case I can think of where it wasn't the case was Doom 2016
    I do hope that this comes good tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Sekiro had a review embargo also

petes wrote: »
    Sekiro had a review embargo also

Except Bethesda always have a 24 hour embargo for all their games, no matter the perceived quality.

Sony on the other hand have very generous embargos, except for some games and those games usually end up with mediocre reviews, like Detroit.

We will find out in a week.

Never seen a game some people practically want to suck more than this.
    It's pretty generic but I don't see the warning signs of it being a mess.

Advertisement