Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was shocked and delighted by the October release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was shocked and delighted by the October release date.

Yeah gives a few weeks before Red Dead. At least its not out in February or March which is going to be difficult to choose what to play as so many games out at the same time.

Probably will pick this up but not sure which edition to get as need more details on Season Pass. If the dlc is free like the rest of the new Ubisoft games and season pass just gives early access, I'll just pick up standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

AC Odyssey...
    They couldn't have gone for a different name?
    A little red plumber somewhere is probably very mad :D

TBH, I'm happy and sad at this announcement.
    There was rumours for a while that there would be a season 2 / year 2 type update for Origins and I was sort of expecting that to happen!
    But new AC is always good, and this team are on the project for about 3 years! If they push that back, they push 2 subsequent games that we know nothing about yet, back a year also.
    Realistically, season 2 of Origins was never going to happen, unless it was planned 3+ years ago! :)

Onwards and upwards anyway, very excited for the new one.
    AC has also never missed a release date (sometimes to their detriment), so roll on 4 months time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Im all AC burned out after Origins. Happy for there to be a new game. Will probably pick it up down the road when my need for assassination n stealth kill open world grows again

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

marcbrophy wrote: »
    AC has also never missed a release date (ALWAYS to their detriment)

Fixed :P

Its nothing new at all though (again), much of the same. Origins with more trees :rolleyes:

I'll give this one a miss, i bought into the hype of origins and was majorly disappointed, the only good thing about origins was that i turned a profit on it as amazon sent me two copies in error :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Im all AC burned out after Origins. Happy for there to be a new game. Will probably pick it up down the road when my need for assassination n stealth kill open world grows again

I maybe the only one not really excited about it really looks like origins re-skin like o we will put a mod on the game we already have made and resell it.

I'm a massive fan of AC but this to me just seems bone lazy and although I'll get it I'll probably get it when its out a good while and goes on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,947 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I have waiting for AC games to go really cheap or even go on Gold on Xbox currently playing Syndicate

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

After Origins i'm really looking forward to this,especially seeing as they are going full RPG with it..

I have waiting for AC games to go really cheap or even go on Gold on Xbox currently playing Syndicate

I skipped Unity & Syndicate and started again with Origins. Think it was the right call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

bigphil2 wrote: »
    After Origins i'm really looking forward to this,especially seeing as they are going full RPG with it..

Whats that mean for the game exactly? No animus shite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

nix wrote: »

Sadly no :(

The non amimus parts in Odyssey have something to do with Leonidas spears and are set after the Origins animus plotline, even tho the game (Odyssey) takes place a few hundred years before the brotherhood being formed in Origins.

I really wished Ubisoft had of dropped the amimus bollocks and just rebooted the series with Origins, with tales of the assassins throughout the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

No this has been billed as a trilogy I presume with the same present day girl that was in origins.

nix wrote: »
    well i know the animus stuff will be minimal like Origins.but i mean leveling up your stats and gear and branching story lines,consequences for choices you make etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I want some decent side quest this time around please Ubi :rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I never really got in to Origins, played about 6 hours and it didn't capture me. Might have to go back and give it another go.

I bought it for PC for the first time ever, I think I'd stick to console in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm looking forward to this. I've been a massive AC fan, and up until I started to be broke, I got all the special editions, and have a statue for each character up to Unity (main series). So I'm hyped for this. Will be interesting to see how this 'full RPG' pans out, but i'm happy if it's more of the same as Origins, as that was, imo, amazing.

But, like others, I was expecting to play more Origins, but an article spelled it out for me that Bayeks story is over, he is
    now the protector of Egypt, and his missus was actually the first Assassin./
    Didn't know this was before Origins though. How's that going to work, seeing as Origins is the, eh, origin story... I should say I haven't watched anything but the reveal, as I don't watch more than the initial trailer these days, so I know nothing about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Looking forward to this .
    I enjoyed Origins and put 200 hours into it (including the Discovery Tour)

Not impressed with the digital download prices .

110 Euros for the "ultimate " edition on Steam .

453296.jpg

With Origins , the Gold version included the Deluxe items , now it doesn't .

It looks like there'll be various weapon packs for this one , just like Origins .

I went on to the Assassins Creed site and changed the region to US and was able to claim a "Spartan Starter Pack"
    (it seems to be available on the US site only)

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/home

453295.jpg

All I need to do now is buy the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If you're one of the first 10,000 to preorder from Ubisoft directly you get a cool medal necklace with the game which you can wear around people while they judge you or otherwise have awkward conversations about what the hell is around your neck :D

If you're one of the first 10,000 to preorder from Ubisoft directly you get a cool medal necklace with the game which you can wear around people while they judge you or otherwise have awkward conversations about what the hell is around your neck :D

Haha ,
    I think I'll pass .

The Ezio Leap of Faith and AC Syndicate statues are enough for the collection :)

Besides , I'd rather have it in Steam , same as the rest of my games .

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Haha ,
    I think I'll pass .

The Ezio Leap of Faith and AC Syndicate statues are enough for the collection :)

Besides , I'd rather have it in Steam , same as the rest of my games .

You sure?

The extra bonus statue only costs 749 euro.....

https://store.ubi.com/eu/assassins-creed-odyssey.html#alexios

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Plenty of fecking boat fights by the sound of it.

Reading the Wiki page on this one.

I may be imaging it, but I reckon this is more of a first in a series of side RPG style games, rather than the more rpg lite games that the series is used to.

It says it takes place in a fictional war and there was no Assassins for 400 years in this time period.

I could be wrong, but I reckon they are laying the roots for branching the games off into the ones where the Order exist, based on real historic events and fictional ones, where they can do what they like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You sure?

It is pretty...

You sure?

It is pretty...

Only 749 euros , a bargain :eek:

Reading the Wiki page on this one.

I may be imaging it, but I reckon this is more of a first in a series of side RPG style games, rather than the more rpg lite games that the series is used to.

It says it takes place in a fictional war and there was no Assassins for 400 years in this time period.

I could be wrong, but I reckon they are laying the roots for branching the games off into the ones where the Order exist, based on real historic events and fictional ones, where they can do what they like :)

Twinfinite asked the developers about this..

https://twinfinite.net/2018/06/we-asked-ubisoft-how-odyssey-ties-to-assassins-creed-lore-heres-what-they-said/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

It is pretty...

Resist! You must resist!

Thanks Phil

So am I right, looks they are going to do what they like, and haphazardly tie it into AC lore, when they need to? :D

Ah never mind anyway, I'm intrigued to see where they go... :)

Thanks Phil

So am I right, looks they are going to do what they like, and haphazardly tie it into AC lore, when they need to? :D

Ah never mind anyway, I'm intrigued to see where they go... :)

Origins is my favourite AC game so far.. Im really looking forward to this..

Origins is my favourite AC game so far.. Im really looking forward to this..

I'm with you there! Great game :)

• Advertisement

I'm with you there! Great game :)

Yeah,only thing is,another massive 100+ hour game in a time where all the games that interest me are 100+ hour games.. where to find the time??

Advertisement