Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yakuza / Like A Dragon Megathread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished kiwami 2 tonight, what an awesome game! Are 3,4 and 5 remasters coming west?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

glasso wrote: »
    the police called to his house and asked him to do a drugs test based on information received - that's pretty hardcore policy for recreational drug use.

Cocaine passes through relatively quickly (in a few days) so must have been very recent.

Could he not just have refused the test?

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201903130048.html

mad that the game may be puled to remove him for this. especially given the subject of the game!

It's not madness, it's just part of the culture and accepted as the norm, perscription drugs legal here could carry jail sentences in Japan, possession of Heroin and Cocaine are huge offences there, more than any other drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yakuza 6 is €28.19 on the psn store at the moment or €22.19 with ps plus.

Yakuza 0 is a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Never played a Yakuza game, gave Kiwami a try as it was on PS Plus . . . . It’s great. I’m on chapter 4 that funeral chapter was great fun to play. So any tips for going forward. And what’s the order to play them in is it Kiwami, 0 the 1 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Never played a Yakuza game, gave Kiwami a try as it was on PS Plus . . . . It’s great. I’m on chapter 4 that funeral chapter was great fun to play. So any tips for going forward. And what’s the order to play them in is it Kiwami, 0 the 1 and so on.

0 is a prequel and it's excellent, possibly the best Yakuza game. Doesn't really matter which order you play 0 and Kiwami. After that it's just sequential.

It's not a series of games I'd recommend playing back to back though. You'll get burned out fairly fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

My main tip for Kiwami is for when the bosses do that really annoying thing mid battle when they glow a certain colour, flex and regain a load of health. You need to have heat bar up and perform a heat action using the style corresponding to the colour they are glowing when they do this and you will knock them out of it and take a load of health off them instead of them regaining it. Handy to have a heat regen consumable on hand for when they do this and your bar isn't up.

Might seem like common knowledge to most but I didn't cop it til later in the game and was a huge help in boss fights.

Sega confirmed that there will be no delay with the western release of Judgment, but Pierre will be completely scrubbed from the game and his character design will also be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Kiwami 2 confirmed for PC (given an ESRB rating).

Picked up Kiwami 2 today. Awesome so far. Dragon Engine looks great. Currently hanging out in the arcade playing Virtua Fighter and trying to figure out how to pull off Wolfs Crucifix Piledriver :)

Yakuza 6 is on sale today on PSN, down to 25 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Judgement is out today FYI.

Judgement is out today FYI.

Tomorrow physically, it has been out since Friday digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Saw someone streaming it a few days ago. They were on a really boring looking tailing section with a camera.

^ Saw someone streaming it a few days ago. They were on a really boring looking tailing section with a camera.

Has there EVER been a game with an interesting tailing section? They were a pain in the hole in GTA just like they were in AC series. I'd prefer Tailing missions to be replaced by a cutscene instead. Filler and not fun.

Judgment definitely looks worth overlooking that part tho to get to the rest.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Has there EVER been a game with an interesting tailing section?
    I don't think so. Recently played HITMAN 2 which kinda had a tailing section but it wasn't as on-the-rails. I wonder why it's so hard to do right.
    Judgment definitely looks worth overlooking that part tho to get to the rest.
    I didn't stay to see anything better though. Any news if it'll be available for PC, though? I like the way the Yakuza series been finding its way there.

I don't think so. Recently played HITMAN 2 which kinda had a tailing section but it wasn't as on-the-rails. I wonder why it's so hard to do right.

I didn't stay to see anything better though. Any news if it'll be available for PC, though? I like the way the Yakuza series been finding its way there.

Ah the hitman game did it okay but that's it's bread and butter really. I hate when it's tacked onto games.

You can chase down a guy called Ass Catchum who is running around grabbing peoples arses. And you can play poker too so that's me sold :)

Ive read a few places saying it's like a mix of Yakuza and LA Noire, again sounds great to me.

Surely it will end up on pc like the yakuza games but no idea when.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any word on when 3,4 and 5 remasters will come west ?

Yakuza 0 is some game, ch 4 was awesome! I think this could be my favorite in series!

Yakuza 0 is some game, ch 4 was awesome! I think this could be my favorite in series!

It's very good, I found it tough at times playing Kiwami afterwards. Combat is so much better in Zero. Story is awesome too.

Psn sale today, Kiwami 2 is 20 and Yakuza 6 is 25. Both excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have Y6 but haven't played it yet. Might pick up YK2 for that price though. I heard it has the Cabaret minigame in it which I spent far, far, far, far too much time playing in Y0.

Penn wrote: »
    Have Y6 but haven't played it yet. Might pick up YK2 for that price though. I heard it has the Cabaret minigame in it which I spent far, far, far, far too much time playing in Y0.

It also has Virtua Fighter 2 and the legendary Toylets Urinal minigame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Nice been waiting for ages for this to drop down. Yakuza 2 was one of the ps2 games I always wanted but never got to play. Heard it was a much higher effort remake compared to the first kiwami.

Kiwami 2 went all out taking the best of the series so far like all the best mini games with some wacky new ones. Cabaret hands down the best followed by the deep Clan Creator mini game. Has a great leveling system, great graphics and gripping story. Highly recommend. I still love 6 for the more laid back feel the game has but Kiwami 2 just has everything.

Damn I missed the Kiwami sale on steam.

Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 remastered in 1 collection? Take my Yen!!!

Hopefully they will announce it at gamescon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

The Yakuza collection has been confirmed with a physical edition coming in February 2020. On the American Store Yakuza 3 is available now , but I cant seem to find it on the European store ?!/! :/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/yakuza-remastered-collection-for-ps4-confirmed-sta/1100-6469250/

Advertisement