Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Golf Club 2 was (is?) on special on the US Store. My God but it is difficult!! I'm as good at this game as I am at golf in real life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭TinCanMan

Dark Souls Remastered. I'm playing as a magic build which is making things a bit easier. I'm just delighted to have the opportunity to play it on the PS4. I'll definitely play through again as a strength build when I finish to get a different perspective of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone else playing h1z1 online? It's a decent PUBG clone imo especially for free and I'm having fun playing with 2 friends online. Were looking for 2 more if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Mafia 3 (free on PS+ this month) and absolutely loving it. It is kinda similar to GTA, but calling it a "GTA clone" is a bit unfair imo. It plays out like a film, great acting, atmosphere, story and the soundtrack kicks ass.

Well worth downloading if you haven't already done so. Easily the best free PS+ game I've played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Been playing XCom 2, free on PS plus a little while back. Really enjoying it so far, though had to turn the difficulty down to get used to it :D. Have been a little addicted since, great tension when it turns to the aliens and you realise you've left one of your best soldiers exposed to an attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭elgriff

Command & Conquer Red Alert. €3.99 on PS Store. Got it yday

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Currently Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider,really enjoying it after getting through that tiresome survival bit in the snow,it put me off the game for a while tbh.. Playing it now has peaked my interest in Shadow of the Tomb Raider,but ill probably not pick it up for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'm replaying GTA V. First time playing it on the PS4; the first person view is great for gunfights. The plan is to finish the story and then move on to Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still horsing through No Mans Sky since the Next update. Very different game, and so much to do.

But, that's only to tie me over until Guacamelee 2 is out in 3 days! Yurt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Street Fighter V. Was only a tenner, but you have to unlock everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TacoMan wrote: »
    Mafia 3 (free on PS+ this month) and absolutely loving it. It is kinda similar to GTA, but calling it a "GTA clone" is a bit unfair imo. It plays out like a film, great acting, atmosphere, story and the soundtrack kicks ass.

Well worth downloading if you haven't already done so. Easily the best free PS+ game I've played so far.

starting to enjoy this but Bloodborne wins that prize for me by quite a distance

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

gimli2112 wrote: »
    starting to enjoy this but Bloodborne wins that prize for me by quite a distance

I always forget about Bloodborne being on PS+ as I had it already by the time it came out. A great game no doubt, but damn it's tough in parts. Must get back to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Started into Yakuza Kiwami 1 the last few days. Definitely getting through it quicker than Yakuza Zero. Seems to be fewer side activities to do and chapters so far are shorter. Still though, enjoying being back in the world.

KIRYU-CHAN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I was playing, and enjoying, Destiny 2 recently, but have started to hit the grind now. Will probably only play another hour or two and drop back to XCOM 2. I plan on picking up Transference for the PSVR soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Back into Dark Souls 2 after many years. First time as a melee build.
    Still can’t parry though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought Space Hulk Deathwing for €19.99 on the PS Store.
    My first instinct was that it was a clunky throwback to the bad old days of FPS design .
    My second was how right the first instinct had been.
    Still, the gameplay is exactly like the board game, clunky, wooden and gloomy.
    But there's some fun to be had slicing up gene stealers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was playing, and enjoying, Destiny 2 recently, but have started to hit the grind now. Will probably only play another hour or two and drop back to XCOM 2. I plan on picking up Transference for the PSVR soon too.

Reminds me, saw XCom Enemy Unknown and Terror from the Deep for sale, must pick them up, big gap in my collection without them, and they are outstanding even now!

I had terror from the deep on the Playstation 1. It was bugged ti hell and you couldn't complete it. Played it for hundreds of hours (there mustn't have been a lot of games back then) Only finished it years later on a pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

TacoMan wrote: »

It really is a great game and for the storyline alone, better than GTA V. Apart from being buggy as hell, had to restart the game twice as some triggers for mission advancement didn't happen. Just listening to the radio made me rewatch Standing in the Shadows of Motown

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Just finished Yakuza kiwami 2 straight after finishing Yakuza 0,amazing games. Story really drew me in and the combat is fun. Been a while since I've fully completed games.
    Gonna jump back into persona 5,had the first dungeon completed on it so want to get back into an RPG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I’ve been playing Rainbow Six Seige Terrorist Hunt mode.

Can’t believe I missed this game until now. It’s so good.

Black Ops 4 will be my next game.

Time is my enemy these days so quick play games work out well. Blops although probably not a popular choice here fits that criteria perfectly.

As much as I love R6S. Having to mix up doesn’t work that great when you have kids in the backround shouting. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Silent Hill on the Vita. Maybe I just have to get used to the Vita again, but find the controls awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

About 12 hours into Persona 5 now and really enjoying it so far. Palaces are tough and can be stressful when your facing up against that last enemy that pops up just before the next safe room.

It's the type of game I bought a PS4 for and the type that we don't see enough of on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished Spiderman and now i'm alternating between Fire Pro Wrestling and Fifa 19

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Decide to leave Silent Hill and start Broken Sword 5 on Vita.
    Also starting Darksiders on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Plugging away at Mafia 3, pretty awesome game to be honest, never played the others so I went in after being told "it’s like GTA" and turns out, it’s not.

The story playing out, with the interview movie segments throughout is pretty great too. And at one point, I hadn't realised that I had actually started a mission, so when I failed I loved the whole "after blah blah the city was up in arms and Lincoln Clay died in a shootout with the police the next day" as opposed to the usual "You dun fuked up boi" screens you usually get.

Now if I can get my 3 associates to stop being pissy with how I’m dividing up the city segments I’ll be happy out :pac:

think I'm near the end of Mafia III just have the one last district to give away. Really enjoyed it. Soundtrack is amazing. Thought I would hate the fact there was no fast travel but travelling the map in a car listening to the radio hadn't gotten old.

It's a lot more structured than GTA and I like the way it has developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Recently finished Mafia 3 actually. From what I had previously read about it I was expecting that I'd end up just giving up half-way through but I didn't find it nearly as repetitive as others, and I did 90% of the optional and collectibles stuff.

Even though the structure of the story itself is fairly repetitive in so far as the whole "identify a target - piss them off enough to draw them out - kill them - rinse/repeat" thing, I found there's just enough variation and small details added to each of those sub-missions to make them enjoyable.

It still could have been so much more though. There's just too many bugs in my experience that take away from the game to make it any more than your average 7/10 one play then put away game. Plus, as good as the soundtrack is, it's a little short and repetitive itself even with the few stellar tracks from the era.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Recently finished Mafia 3 actually. From what I had previously read about it I was expecting that I'd end up just giving up half-way through but I didn't find it nearly as repetitive as others, and I did 90% of the optional and collectibles stuff.

Even though the structure of the story itself is fairly repetitive in so far as the whole "identify a target - piss them off enough to draw them out - kill them - rinse/repeat" thing, I found there's just enough variation and small details added to each of those sub-missions to make them enjoyable.

My biggest issue is collecting the pissing fuses or whatever for the phone taps.

The greatest thing i've found when approaching a building is to somehow attract someone's attention, kill them and then have the next guy, and the next guy and the next guy and so on, keep coming to search for you. Took a warehouse a while ago and ended up in a room with 25 or so dead guys flopping about. They all came to investigate and not a single shot was fired :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Finally started 'The Last of Us'. Only about an hour or so into it and enjoying it.

Advertisement