Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glass - M Knight

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

'Split' really surprised me in a good way, although though the reveal at the end that led to this sequel was really clumsily handled. Still, good to see M Night Shyamalan continuing the restoration of his reputation. Slick, schlocky entertainment is clearly his forté and while laughing at the likes of The Last Airbender & The Happening made for good schadenfreude, Shyamalan is clearly a talented individual

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Great trailer looks good to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

i dont know. that trailer looks dodgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Has potential ...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see a Haley Joel twist to link another film.......Not really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

That is the best trailer i have seen in a loooooong time. Looks amazing! Hope the movie is a cracker; Bruce could do with a hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Willis needs a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I really enjoyed The Visit and Split recently so looks like he is back on form again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I got to say this looks very good , McAvoy in split was amazing ,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another trailer popped up: more plot-focused. It looks pretty nuts and hopefully coaxes a good performance out of Willis for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

International trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Film out next weekend. Any early reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lemlin wrote: »
    Film out next weekend. Any early reviews?
    Yeah, seems to be generally regarded as a bit of a mess unfortunately! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Reviews indicate that the bulk of the movie has Willis and McAvoy in a psych ward being told that they don't actually have superpowers. Riveting :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Disappointing if so... I only got around to watching Split over the weekend in anticipation (fantastic).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I was quite disappointed when the initial reviews came out but then the reviewers that I watch the most (Collider and Screen Junkies usually) gave it positive reviews so I'm still looking forward to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I saw split but I have not seen unbreakable, do I need to see it before seeing glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

restive wrote: »
    I saw split but I have not seen unbreakable, do I need to see it before seeing glass?

Watch it anyway, it's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Two of the three main characters were introduced in Unbreakable, so it wouldn't hurt to know their background. Having said that, other than introducing the characters, I don't think you'd need to see it to follow the story of Glass from what I've read of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

correction wrote: »
    I was quite disappointed when the initial reviews came out but then the reviewers that I watch the most (Collider and Screen Junkies usually) gave it positive reviews so I'm still looking forward to it.

Kermode has given it a positive review too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's worth keeping it mind that this is a fairly low budget film. It cost twice Split's (shoestring) budget but a quarter of Unbreakable's. So don't expect a big spectacular end to the (loose) trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Saw this today. Bit of a 'meh' storyline. I was expecting a lot more. Worth going to see for McEvoy's acting, absolutely amazing, he completely steals every scene!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I saw this tonight. After watching it I streamed unbreakable on Youtube. Unbreakable is a great film with a decent plot twist, that you can see coming. It does not distract from film.

I enjoyed the first 3/4 of Glass, but the last 1/4 was M. Night Shyamalan at his worst. I did not buy into it. I thought it had nothing to do with the trilogy. As in where did that just come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I enjoyed the first 3/4 of Glass, but the last 1/4 was M. Night Shyamalan at his worst. I did not buy into it. I thought it had nothing to do with the trilogy. As in where did that just come from?

So pretty much like most of his most recent film involvements
    Checked some of the reviews on IMDb and they were so glowing it leads me to believe it's crap
    Liked Unbreakable, Split left me blah - confused movie. Don't think I'll bother seeing it in the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I can’t understand the bad reviews for this. I honestly think i’d Give this 5 stars. It’s the best movie i’ve Seen in the cinema in a good few years.

Went to afternoon show so there was only a few people in it which added to the experience .

McEvoy is class in it. The ending is a quality but knights ending can split opinions. It wraps up the triology. Loved the ending.

How did he make it for 20 million. Really was breath of fresh air for anyone suffering from marvel fatigue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

fritzelly wrote: »
    So pretty much like most of his most recent film involvements
    Checked some of the reviews on IMDb and they were so glowing it leads me to believe it's crap
    Liked Unbreakable, Split left me blah - confused movie. Don't think I'll bother seeing it in the cinema

Jesus You sound like me before I went to it. Definitely go to it think you’ll be pleasantly surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Watched this tonight. I thought it was the pits and I was looking forward to it. I guess it just live up to any expectations I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I can’t understand the bad reviews for this. I honestly think i’d Give this 5 stars. It’s the best movie i’ve Seen in the cinema in a good few years.

Went to afternoon show so there was only a few people in it which added to the experience .

McEvoy is class in it. The ending is a quality but knights ending can split opinions. It wraps up the triology. Loved the ending.

How did he make it for 20 million. Really was breath of fresh air for anyone suffering from marvel fatigue

I was quite excited about it and really enjoyed it but I can see why it could divide opinion.

Ending was a little “oh , right so that’s it then “ for me but I still enjoyed the ride and glad I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I loved unbreakable and the ending is up there with the best, it totally blew me away.

Split was a brilliant film from start to finish, McAvoy is very good at what he does.

But I would've just preferred a sequel to split and not combining the two movies, I felt it was too long and was a bit of a mess tbh.

McAvoy's performance was the only thing that held the film together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I really loved this. It was a great story, it tied into the other two movies very well (particularly how it linked Kevin to Unbreakable) and I loved the climax and ending.
    It was better than Split too.

With 36% on RT and 42 on Metacritic, this is one where the critics got it COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY wrong.

Loved it.

Advertisement