Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭durthacht

Dubinusa wrote: »
    ...I think Josh Murphy and Doris will be fantastic players. Oh Lord, let the season start, rugby purgatory sucks.

I'm never sure about Josh Murphy. He's abrasive but I'm not sure quite how much class he has. Same as with ROL, it's tough to know when they're playing with the second string. Agree on Doris though as he looks fantastic.

Personally I'm hoping to see more of Will Connors this season, but I guess we'll see lots of them all with Heaslip & Jordi Murphy gone and SOB injured so much.

32 sleeps until the new season... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I think a poster from here described Josh Murphy as another Kevin McLaughlin. I think it was a good comparison. A nuts and bolts player that'll make his tackles, hit rucks hard and win lineout ball. He's not a potentially headline player like Doris but he'll do the basics well and allow the other lads to do their thing.

Obviously McLoughlin turned into a fine player in his own right and if Murphy has half the career of Kev he'll be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

Clegg wrote: »
    I think a poster from here described Josh Murphy as another Kevin McLaughlin. I think it was a good comparison. A nuts and bolts player that'll make his tackles, hit rucks hard and win lineout ball. He's not a potentially headline player like Doris but he'll do the basics well and allow the other lads to do their thing.

Obviously McLoughlin turned into a fine player in his own right and if Murphy has half the career of Kev he'll be doing well.
    Pretty impressive steady progress by Josh Murphy who has managed to stay the course and now very close to completing his medical studies in parallel.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    When is new jersey unveiled?

this... any ideas - no dates on the interweb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

this... any ideas - no dates on the interweb

Well the first match is on the 17th August so it would have to be at some stage before then.

• Advertisement

We should have a boards competition to design a Leinster jersey while we wait. Similar to the new Scarletts jersey, there are no rules at all around what you put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Murphy can also play 2nd row, his flexibility could be huge. Will Conners will be way down the pecking order. But who knows what will happen with injuries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Murphy can also play 2nd row, his flexibility could be huge. Will Conners will be way down the pecking order. But who knows what will happen with injuries etc.

With Jordi gone, SOB perma injured so is Rhys unfortunately and both Leavy and VDF involved with Ireland, Conners should pick up a few caps in the league. Really depends on how much game time Doris gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

If I were Josh Murphy, I wouldn't be leaving Scott Fardys side and try to learn everything possible from him.

They're the same height roughly but Murphy loses a few Kilos to Fardy.

But Murphy could be an extremely useful 4/6 for us which is becoming a very common thing in the game at the highest level (think Itoje and Beirne)

He will need to operate at 110 kgs minimum (currently 105 on Leinster site) to be able to operate in that lock/back row option I feel.

But if he establishes himself as a legitimate option in the second row, he will find himself nailed on in the 19 shirt for some very big games. He also might show himself to be a Fardy like figure in smaller games when Scott needs to sit out because of pedantic European mandated laws

yYVKBZt.jpg

• Advertisement

First place get's an all expenses night out to sit at the table beside the table where Bryn Cunningham, Nucifora and Awec are being forced to have pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Venjur wrote: »
    First place get's an all expenses night out to sit at the table beside the table where Bryn Cunningham, Nucifora and Awec are being forced to have pints.

The table directly beside them?

Still in the shatter zone there. Not worth the risk

The table directly beside them?

Still in the shatter zone there. Not worth the risk

It's like those splash rides in fun parks, you run a certain level of risk but it's worth it in the end.

Plus you want to be close enough to have some innocuous input. Cough Coughpienaar Cough Cough Cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

You're the only entry so ... enjoy?

DGRulz wrote: »
    You're the only entry so ... enjoy?

Nah Connachta just direct messaged me his entry, he said he isn't allowed post in the Kearney team talk gossip rumours thread:

73m43IP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Nah Connachta just direct messaged me his entry, he said he isn't allowed post in the Kearney team talk gossip rumours thread:

73m43IP.jpg

Do you not have a job? Your wasted on the dole and this thread.

salmocab wrote: »
    Do you not have a job? Your wasted on the dole and this thread.

Believe it or not I've no formal training in photoshop.

73m43IP.jpg

Please don’t rattle that cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Reminds me of Thor's armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Venjur, what happened to the stars on the jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Venjur, what happened to the stars on the jersey?

It has the biggest star in Irish rugby on it, what more do you want?

Interesting article in the times about the outgoing and incoming provincial players. The provinces really do well to retain the nucleus imo. Looking at the other teams and the premiership, there are squads with massive turnover. It would be difficult to gauge if they're improving or regressing.

Right, but in general the turnover for Gloucester or the Dragons is insane. Dragons released about 18 and bought in about 15. Edinburgh also released about 12 and bought in 10 or so.
    It's difficult to see if these sides will improve as we have no basis to judge team chemistry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Edinburgh will settle down next year, Cockerill is shaping a team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Anyone know when the season tickets will be posted out?

Dr Phil saying all the right things :D

Need to see them in person but the new Munster jerseys are very meh. Similar to previous jerseys but with sparkles.

Been underwhelmed by the training gear for Leinster also - Jerseys are going to have to be pretty decent at this stage to redeem the new gear provider. Can't see anything being better than our recent European jersey to be honest.

Need to see them in person but the new Munster jerseys are very meh. Similar to previous jerseys but with sparkles.

Been underwhelmed by the training gear for Leinster also - Jerseys are going to have to be pretty decent at this stage to redeem the new gear provider. Can't see anything being better than our recent European jersey to be honest.

The track tops and fleeces are nice, tee-shirts and training tops are ok, the shorts are vile though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster used to be one of adidas’ biggest rugby teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Munster used to be one of adidas’ biggest rugby teams

They probably still are to be fair. Who do Adidas have? All Blacks, Leinster, Munster, Quins?

France have gone to Le Coq Spotif, Stade have gone to UnderArmour I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement