Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I seriously have this recurring nightmare where I'm in a shop with wall to wall cheap video games but all the titles are obscure crap I don't want. This comes true in real life any time I browse through theses sales lists or accidentally walk into gamestop.

Just a disclaimer, I know there's good games on the list but most of it is stuff I've never heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Smyths offer 5 euro off if you preorder Spider-Man for collection makes the price 55 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I seriously have this recurring nightmare where I'm in a shop with wall to wall cheap video games but all the titles are obscure crap I don't want. This comes true in real life any time I browse through theses sales lists or accidentally walk into gamestop.

Just a disclaimer, I know there's good games on the list but most of it is stuff I've never heard of.

I wouldn't have the time to research all those games to try and find an under appreciated gem or two among them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,469 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Smyths offer 5 euro off if you preorder Spider-Man for collection makes the price 55 euro

Posted on the Spiderman thread also, I have it preordered for 36 euro after buying a couple of games from argos to trade:

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Argos are selling Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 for 15 euro and Scribblenauts Showdown for 20. There are better deals if the games are in stock in your local store but they have plenty of 20 euro games so you could at least get it for 41 euro by making a detour first. Worth taking the time to go through the list of games in Argos 20 euro and under and compare to the Gamestop list.

Also, Smyths have plenty of 20 euro games on that list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Related question to bargains.

I am trying to phone Gamestop Waterford and can't get through, maybe someone here knows.

Can I trade two Xbox one games from the list and get a PS4 game for €1 ?

• Advertisement

I am trying to phone Gamestop Waterford and can't get through, maybe someone here knows.

You can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yes. The offer is trade any 2 games on the list.

Spiderman for €36 here I come ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

My PS Plus is set to renew soon - Any ideas where the best place to buy a years worth would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sticker wrote: »
    My PS Plus is set to renew soon - Any ideas where the best place to buy a years worth would be?

http://press-start.com

They offer Irish 12 month PS+ codes for €45.

€50 wallet top ups are back in stock too, for anyone who is looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

http://press-start.com

They offer Irish 12 month PS+ codes for €45.

€50 wallet top ups are back in stock too, for anyone who is looking.

Many Thanks!

I bought it there but I'm not seeing a code or email - Just a "Pending Verification" for the past 5 minutes...?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Posted on the Spiderman thread also, I have it preordered for 36 euro after buying a couple of games from argos to trade:

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Argos are selling Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 for 15 euro and Scribblenauts Showdown for 20. There are better deals if the games are in stock in your local store but they have plenty of 20 euro games so you could at least get it for 41 euro by making a detour first. Worth taking the time to go through the list of games in Argos 20 euro and under and compare to the Gamestop list.

Also, Smyths have plenty of 20 euro games on that list as well.

Does anyone know how long this offer will go on for?

I am presuming the list will change as they are advertising resident evil 2 remake for 1 euro on the website?

Hopefully get this done next week have one of the games on the list , that I am not fond of.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

edit: I didn't read the offer properly, no duplicates allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

sticker wrote: »
    Many Thanks!

I bought it there but I'm not seeing a code or email - Just a "Pending Verification" for the past 5 minutes...?

Check your emails sometimes they send you a verification email and might need a picutre of your license etc. On another note is there a wallet limit on the PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Does anyone know how long this offer will go on for?

I am presuming the list will change as they are advertising resident evil 2 remake for 1 euro on the website?

Hopefully get this done next week have one of the games on the list , that I am not fond of.

Also do the games have to be new or could also get some games off the list in Cex?

Two Xbox one games worked for a trade for me in Gamestop for Spiderman. Sweet.

I bought Lego City Adventure in Smyths for €20 and Borderlands Handsome Collection for €15 in Argos.

If you can get Yoku's Island Express for PS or Xb, you can get Spiderman for €29.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Had two Switch games I was finished with on the list so picked it up for a euro there. Great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

I added a college photo ID and they came back looking for either a passport or driving licence picture. not too sure now I think I will request a refund

did you get your code??
    I ordered as well but not too sure if I want to give a photo of my passport to this site

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Two Xbox one games worked for a trade for me in Gamestop for Spiderman. Sweet.

I bought Lego City Adventure in Smyths for €20 and Borderlands Handsome Collection for €15 in Argos.

If you can get Yoku's Island Express for PS or Xb, you can get Spiderman for €29.

Cheers for the tip in Borderlands, just reserved a copy there, have a copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider than I’m finished with so all in all a pretty good deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

pmce4 wrote: »
    did you get your code??
    I ordered as well but not too sure if I want to give a photo of my passport to this site

I have gotten a few codes off them, i sent a picture of my licence but scribbled out everything other than what they needed.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I have gotten a few codes off them, i sent a picture of my licence but scribbled out everything other than what they needed.

Cheers they also asked why I was using a VPN, as they picked it up on their systems. So I sent them a message using my phone and they haven't got back to me yet. they have a short time before I start a paypal dispute

Happy days sorted got code and redeemed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Seeing as its 70 (69.99) in Gamestop, you could pick it up in Argos with Rise of the Tomb Raider / XBox Borderlands, and trade them in +plus the one euro, and still be cheaper than buying new in Gamestop....

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Anyone know the price of a 1tb ps4 pro with spiderman with a trade in of a 500gb ps4?

Not the red limited edition one.

Spiderman is tempting me to upgrade even though I barely use my ps4 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Spiderman is tempting me to upgrade even though I barely use my ps4 at the moment

I was the same but Spiderman looks amazing on the standard ps4 I don't think it's worth the upgrade

Good sale on Warner Bros titles on the US PSN store currently. eg:

Shadow of Mordor GOTY $9.99
    Mad Max $9.99
    Return to Arkham $7.99

If you've kids a lot of the Lego games are fairly cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New sale on Irish PSN store
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

Remember, the previous sale items will still be discounted until 11.59pm tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,469 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PS4 with spiderman, was 400, now 300. If anyone was looking for a ps4 deal.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8634904.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    PS4 with spiderman, was 400, now 300. If anyone was looking for a ps4 deal.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8634904.htm

290 PS4 (500GB) + Spiderman

or choose the extra contoller option in that link and:

335 PS4 (500GB) + Spiderman + Extra Controller

Advertisement