Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

dulpit wrote: »
    Ya, I'm having trouble here too. I bought the add-on (Battlefield 1 Premium Pass), but it doesn't seem to have changed anything - do I also need PS4 Plus for it to kick in? The install file was pretty small, only a few MB, so not sure how the DLC actually downloads... :confused:

The game installs all dlc weather you have it or not. The few mb was just the licence to access the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pretty decent deal on this for the PS Classic.

images_IE_9_WeeklyAd-2OCT-NL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What games and where?

What games and where?

Gamestop, any 3 games on their trade list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

EoinHef wrote: »
    The game installs all dlc weather you have it or not. The few mb was just the licence to access the content.

Can't seem to access it, I wonder is it related tk not having PS plus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

dulpit wrote: »
    Can't seem to access it, I wonder is it related tk not having PS plus?

Most online stuff on PS4 requires PS Plus unfortunately yeah. So if you cant access multiplayer that would be why.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Happy Days, been waiting for HZD and GoW to drop so picked up both there. Any other exclusives I should be getting my mitts on from this sale. Was looking at Shadow of Colossus and Last Guardian and maybe Uncharted collection. Have 50 bob burning  a hole in my pocket from trading Spiderman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

skerry wrote: »
    Happy Days, been waiting for HZD and GoW to drop so picked up both there. Any other exclusives I should be getting my mitts on from this sale. Was looking at Shadow of Colossus and Last Guardian and maybe Uncharted collection. Have 50 bob burning  a hole in my pocket from trading Spiderman :)

Shadow of the Colossus and the Last Guardian are fantastic games, well worth it.

Uncharted Collection is crackin value for money for parts 2 and 3 which were brilliant.

Go with all three if you can afford it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Unchartered 2 is the best in the series, if a little dated now, still an awesome romp. Is Bloodborne in the sale?, if so Bloodborne!
    HZD is very very good, I will risk the wrath of many but I preferred it to GoW. It's great value at €20.

• Advertisement

Shadow of the Colossus and the Last Guardian are fantastic games, well worth it.

Uncharted Collection is crackin value for money for parts 2 and 3 which were brilliant.

Go with all three if you can afford it!
    I've heard Uncharted 1 hasn't aged too well but might pick the collection up for 2 and 3. Was gonna get 4 but realistically is will be on sale again before I get round to it.

Good discount of The Last Guardian and Shadow so imagine they won't be had for much cheaper digitally any time soon so will probably get them too so and should have more than enough to keep me going then.

I'm only getting stuck into Persona 5 at the minute and can see myself sinking a lot of time into it.

@Gimli - Bloodborne was one of the few exclusives I have my eye on that wasn't in this sale but have plenty to keep me going until whenever it does pop up. Still need to get back to DS3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really like Uncharted 1. It gets a lot of criticism but I played it at the time and loved it and have played it since. The Collection would certainly be a better option that 4. You'll probably have franchise fatigue before you finish if you try complete all three.
    I'd start with 1 although they can be played as standalone games.

Bloodborne was a game I avoided for years. Got it free with plus. If I knew then what I know now I would have paid any price to play it. One of my favourite games ever now although it's not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

The Uncharted Collection for 20 quid is a bargain.

Enjoy HZD, I'm playing it at the moment and it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Can't seem to see this banner on their website?
    But gooddeal if correct, there's loads of games on that list you can pick up for 18/20 GBP

actuar90 wrote: »
    Can't seem to see this banner on their website?
    But gooddeal if correct, there's loads of games on that list you can pick up for 18/20 GBP

Don't think the banner is on the site yet, it was in the email for their October offers.

http://links.gamestop.mkt5297.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NTc0NzY2NjAS1&r=NzMzOTYzODkzNzMS1&j=MTUwMDI2ODk0MgS2&mt=2&rj=MTUwMDI2ODk0MgS2&rt=0

Just noticed Ratchet and Clank on there too, is it worth a punt for 12 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Wonder do you have to wait until it's released or could you trade in now as a pre-order?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Wonder do you have to wait until it's released or could you trade in now as a pre-order?

You can trade now as a preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I had no idea extra discounts were sometimes available if you were subscribed to PS+ (I'm only newly returned to this console business)!! Any idea how long these sales last for usually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I had no idea extra discounts were sometimes available if you were subscribed to PS+ (I'm only newly returned to this console business)!! Any idea how long these sales last for usually?

Usually a fortnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just noticed Ratchet and Clank on there too, is it worth a punt for 12 euro?

It's brilliant! Don't know if it was on Plus before or did I pick it up in a sale but I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It's brilliant! Don't know if it was on Plus before or did I pick it up in a sale but I really enjoyed it.

It was a Plus freebie. Agreed, it's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Arkham Knight and witcher 3 on sale too both are under 20 Euro, any options on them? Should I just go for gow altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

CWF wrote: »
    Arkham Knight and witcher 3 on sale too both are under 20 Euro, any options on them? Should I just go for gow altogether

I'd say the goty witcher 3 edition for 20 if you decide on that. Witcher 3 is great and definitely a lot more bang for your buck, lasts a lot longer than GOW. Gow is a great game as well though upto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

CWF wrote: »

Arkham Knight is a good cinematic experience although people gave out about the batmobile missions (I liked them) being repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Seriously considering Driveclub for €12. It's a little old now but I want a racing game that I can just throw on some music or whatever and chill out with but there doesn't appear to be a career mode as such in it?

That kinda removes GT Sport for me because the whole primarily online thing means I'd probably just end up wanting to concentrate on it way too much. And I have one of the WRC's already, decent fun but again listening out for the co-driver's instructions means I end up concentrating on it and would presumably rule out any of the DiRT games too. I kinda miss having Forza and being able to throw on a couple of podcasts and do just do some races.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

Seriously considering Driveclub for €12...
    Driveclub is 10 bucks in CEX (used, of course), if you get tired of it, you can exchange it, etc.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=711719276579&categoryName=playstation4-software&superCatName=gaming&title=driveclub

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Seriously considering Driveclub for €12. It's a little old now but I want a racing game that I can just throw on some music or whatever and chill out with but there doesn't appear to be a career mode as such in it?

That kinda removes GT Sport for me because the whole primarily online thing means I'd probably just end up wanting to concentrate on it way too much. And I have one of the WRC's already, decent fun but again listening out for the co-driver's instructions means I end up concentrating on it and would presumably rule out any of the DiRT games too. I kinda miss having Forza and being able to throw on a couple of podcasts and do just do some races.

There are all sorts of challenges in it. Looks beautiful, would seem to suit exactly what you want to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Drive club at that price only gives you a limited amount of cars and tracks and you need to purchase more. GT does have an offline option with the career mode and they keep adding cars and tracks for nowt with the updates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

WWE 2K19 Deluxe on €80 on holiday to Canada.

Advertisement