Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Team named https://www.connachtrugby.ie/marmion-back-in-connacht-side-as-aki-named-on-the-bench-for-pro14-clash-with-edinburgh/

Bundee on bench.

Dillane in for Roux

Niyi in for Kelleher

No Buckley

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    i think no Buckley is the big news
    massive evening for Conan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Hope it’s just a rest of course but think no Buckley means he has picked up an injury. Kelleher must have too, be a harsh dropping otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    15. Blair Kinghorn (66)

14. Dougie Fife (109)

13. James Johnstone (20)

12. Matt Scott (76)

11. Duhan van der Merwe (19)

10. Simon Hickey (2)

9. Henry Pyrgos (2)

1. Pierre Schoeman (2)

2. Stuart McInally (122) CAPTAIN

3. WP Nel (117)

4. Ben Toolis (90)

5. Grant Gilchrist (122)

6. Jamie Ritchie (50)

7. Hamish Watson (83)

8. Luke Hamilton (2)

Replacements: 16. Ross Ford (181); 17. Allan Dell (46); 18. Simon Berghan (50); 19. Fraser McKenzie (102). 20. Magnus Bradbury (53); 21 Sean Kennedy (62); 22. Jaco van der Walt (18); 23. Juan Pablo Socino*

*Edinburgh competitive debut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Thought Hickey was really good for them last week v Ulster, he’ll need close attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Hope it’s just a rest of course but think no Buckley means he has picked up an injury. Kelleher must have too, be a harsh dropping otherwise.

The late hit against Zebre. He wasn't right after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    If buckley isnt carrying something i dont understand why he isnt benching. Massive vote of confidence in conan though.

Niyi i expect to rip it up with kelleher playing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

freyners wrote: »
    If buckley isnt carrying something i dont understand why he isnt benching. Massive vote of confidence in conan though.

Niyi i expect to rip it up with kelleher playing so well.

With us not signing a LH I think its conans season to get to the next level and the coaches seem to be embracing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Who is covering fullback in that selection if TOH comes off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone

Healy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Healy is imagine. Has done so in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone

IMO order: Kelleher/Healy/Carty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

evil_seed wrote: »
    IMO order: Kelleher/Healy/Carty

Kelleher isn't in the squad but he would be ahead of Healy I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Hope Buckley and Kelleher are just being rested and not injured.

Griffin keeping his place sets the tone for putting a solid performance means you play regardless of who’s waiting to get back in.

Right five will need a huge game and Dillane and bealham need to step up and lead that five and show they’re both real contenders for the Irish squad.

Wouldn’t want to be the tired Edinburgh player who gets to be the first person Bundee gets his hands on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭connachta

Without Buckley, and Aki/Fainga'a for an hour, seeing that strong Edinburgh team, it's a tough ask to expect a BP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭connachta

That's a pretty cool Eagles team, do someone knows who's Moylett on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

connachta wrote: »
    That's a pretty cool Eagles team, do someone knows who's Moylett on the bench?
    Moylett is from Ballina. Has been in school in Roscrea. Played Irish 19s last season. His dad played for Connacht and Ireland in 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over
    Is this our first match at Murrayfield since the Pro12 final??

The Friend Zone
    Didn’t get to see any preseason or the Glasgow match but does anyone know what conor Carey did to get dropped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Has anyone seen much of Cian Huxford? Been in quite a few Eagles teams now, starting when he was barely turned 18. Missed Ireland 19s through injury last year I believe, wonder will he make 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That new away jersey is nice, except the Connacht on the ar5e bit. Is it only being released today? Odd timing.

Has anyone seen much of Cian Huxford? Been in quite a few Eagles teams now, starting when he was barely turned 18. Missed Ireland 19s through injury last year I believe, wonder will he make 20s.
    Will have decent shot at making 20s. Though playing A games can vary hugely. Not necessarily mean much in terms of playing Irish 20s

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

salmocab wrote: »
    That new away jersey is nice, except the Connacht on the ar5e bit. Is it only being released today? Odd timing.

First away game, first time the players will be wearing it. Release the jersey same day to get a bit of interest.

Will have decent shot at making 20s. Though playing A games can vary hugely. Not necessarily mean much in terms of playing Irish 20s

Penny will have ther 7 shirt sewn up I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is this a joke by Nucifora making Connacht sign players with names beginning with C!

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Is this a joke by Nucifora making Connacht sign players with names beginning with C!

6 Conors in one team, must be a record.

The Friend Zone

Who else will be in with a shout at u 20s? Teirney, Murray, huxford, Reilly? Didn’t realize Hayes was also u 20

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Who else will be in with a shout at u 20s? Teirney, Murray, huxford, Reilly? Didn’t realize Hayes was also u 20
    Look at the 20s thread or just google last years 18s/19s squads and you will have good idea of Connacht players who are eligible for 20s
    Yeah Hayes was part of a very good Munsters u16 side that were Munster finalists in their age group and were seriously competitive at 18s. Has also been playing AIL from soon after he turned 18

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

6 Conors in one team, must be a record.

Could get confusing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement