Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

• 01-09-2018 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Time to get this up and running again with the jumps season about to kick off proper in October.

Looking forward to see all the old names return and novices stepping into open company. Big talking horse from last season Samcro did deliver in style in March but then fell in punchestown.

Connections debating whether to stick with hurdling or go chasing. I’d go chasing with him if he was mine, he doesn’t look like he has a champion hurdler frame to my eyes.

Roll on the winter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Samcro - work backwards from the 2020 Gold Cup if i owned him

Really looking forward to Summerville Boy though I've a feeling he might get beaten a few times this side of Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SlipTheField

Samcro should go chasing. They said he definitely will go chasing even if he hurdles this season. Taking the extra year hurdling rarely works out.I'm not so sure hes ready for 3m yet, JLT looks ideal but i'm sure he could win the arkle. I wouldnt send him 3m until Punchestown.
    Would love to see Laurina go chasing and take in the arkle but i suspect she will mop up the mares hurdle.
    Big season for Douvan - its now or never. I would like to see him stepped up in trip - try the King George out.
    Faugheen i suspect will target the stayers hurdle, the talk of chasing is very exciting though and i'd love to see it. The stayers hurdle doesnt really get the juices flowing for me.
    Presenting Percy looks made for the Gold Cup.
    Nicky will give Buveur D'Air a more stern warmup for the champion hurdle and should be hard to beat again in his aim for 3 in a row.
    Black Op & Santini are exciting prospects for novice chasing.
    Footpad v Altior is the clash i want to see in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I think Samcro is overated, and they may go chasing as he wont win a champion hurdle.

Footpad/Arkle/Douvan would be the race of the decade (chances of it coming of about 5%). The Gold cup looks a huge race as it always does at this time of the year. The front 2 from last year will be very hard to get close to, i think Percy is well overrated in terms of gold cup chance.

Very big year for Jos o'brien, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him bag a number of big races.

Footpad looks the most exciting horse to me by far.

Now for feck sake will someone pull the plug on this stupid flat racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

aidankkk wrote: »
    I think Samcro is overated, and they may go chasing as he wont win a champion hurdle.

Footpad/Arkle/Douvan would be the race of the decade (chances of it coming of about 5%). The Gold cup looks a huge race as it always does at this time of the year. The front 2 from last year will be very hard to get close to, i think Percy is well overrated in terms of gold cup chance.

Very big year for Jos o'brien, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him bag a number of big races.

Footpad looks the most exciting horse to me by far.

Now for feck sake will someone pull the plug on this stupid flat racing

Arkle wouldnt even break sweat over any distance ;)
    Id say the chance of that happening is slightly less than 5%

Assume you mean Altior though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

I can't wait. With the world cup on over the summer I never got into the flat season at all.
    So many horses to look forward to. Might Bite, Waiting Patiently, Samcro, Laurina (if she goes over fences and doesn't mop up the mares), Footpad, Arkle, Presenting Percy, Monalee, Summerville Boy, Kalshnikov just some of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Moon Dice wrote: »
    I can't wait. With the world cup on over the summer I never got into the flat season at all.
    So many horses to look forward to. Might Bite, Waiting Patiently, Samcro, Laurina (if she goes over fences and doesn't mop up the mares), Footpad, Arkle, Presenting Percy, Monalee, Summerville Boy, Kalshnikov just some of them

Has Arkle arisen from the dead or something and no one told me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

kiers47 wrote: »
    Has Arkle arisen from the dead or something and no one told me?

Heard he’s favourite fir the gold cup

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Heard he’s favourite fir the gold cup

Sting is on him at 25s AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭maximo31

What path do you good folk think that Summerville Boy will take this season?
    Champion Hurdle a possibility or will he go over jumps?

maximo31 wrote: »

Trainer said late last year he'd stay over hurdles

Think I posted it here somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This forum died over the summer. Hopefully we can pick it back up.

Looking forward to seeing Paloma Blue, fancy him for the Arkle.
    Will follow Santini wherever he goes - RSA assume, really like this lad. Hated his ride at Cheltenham :(

First major target for Summerville Boy is the Fighting Fifth

https://twitter.com/JamesStevens180/status/1037021811622522885?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Slattsy wrote: »

Will follow Santini wherever he goes - RSA assume, really like this lad. Hated his ride at Cheltenham :(

Needs the proper racing :pac:

Looking forward to Paloma Blue myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I can’t wait to see Paloma Blue and Kalashnikov over a fence.

I fancy Ms Parfois and Terrefort for the Hennessy at this very early stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭maximo31

I was a bit hazy from the drink on the Friday at Punchestown this year but was talking to Richard Downes for ages and he was fairly bullish on Summerville Boy for the Champion Hurdle next year. He told me that S.B. ran a quicker time than Buveur D'Air did in the Champion hurdle.
    Anyone able to clarify times here as i couldn't find the times?
    14/1 best available price at the minute.
    I'll be having my few quid on him anyway over the next few months...........

Summerville jumping would want to improve

Absolutely but to jump as poorly as he did (in particular the mistake at the 2nd last ) and still win a hot enough Supreme Novice was a serious performance

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Jumps fine in the main, novices tend to make novicey mistakes in the heat of battle. His future lies over further imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

I was a bit hazy from the drink on the Friday at Punchestown this year but was talking to Richard Downes for ages and he was fairly bullish on Summerville Boy for the Champion Hurdle next year. He told me that S.B. ran a quicker time than Buveur D'Air did in the Champion hurdle.
    Anyone able to clarify times here as i couldn't find the times?
    14/1 best available price at the minute.
    I'll be having my few quid on him anyway over the next few months...........

Same time of 4m 5.00s for both according to RP website and SB carried 3lb less. Could upgrade SB for being hampered at 2nd or 3rd last and then mistake at last. He came out well on sectionals comparison, see Simon Rowlands Irish Field article at below link:
    https://www.theirishfield.ie/simon-rowlands-buveur-best-below-par-355008/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm looking forward to seeing Great Field out. I actually liked his odds for the Champion Chase last season but news was infrequent on him and then slowly enough he was ruled out.

I think the champion chase this year is the race of the season if we get Footpad Vs Altior. Highly unlikely Mullins would run Great Field in that, at least I'd hope not. Gonna keep an eye out for him anyway, sure to be a decent chaser and he isn't too exposed just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Charbel has really gone backwards since his fall in the 2017 Festival

Paul Ferguson’s jumper to follow out

5 previewed here

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/jumpers-to-follow-five-for-my-stable/152545

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭akelly02

Slattsy wrote: »

I was there that day , and that must have been Nicos wort ever ride at the festival, horrific.

and of course i backed him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

akelly02 wrote: »
    I was there that day , and that must have been Nicos wort ever ride at the festival, horrific.

and of course i backed him

I'd backed him ap a few times and was sickened he was never given a chance, and the fact he finished so close shows how good he is. I think he could have won that race if ran again, but that's the way it goes.

Small ap bet on for the RSA anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I must be fecking mad.. Just did a few AP Bets for Cheltenham...

I must be fecking mad.. Just did a few AP Bets for Cheltenham...

It’s one thing the horse actually getting to Cheltenham then if it does what race they go in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Early hennessy bets from the other week and this week are;

Ms parfois 33/1 and 20/1
    Terrefort 16/1, all blue today though but looks the winner for me at this stage if some irish ones dont come over.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Its likes children that bookies love total Idiots. this is what is wrong with understanding total morons. Clowns never win that's why layers love you and make so much money based on stock market reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

antietam wrote: »
    Its likes children that bookies love total Idiots. this is what is wrong with understanding total morons. Clowns never win that's why layers love you and make so much money based on stock market reports.

Go to bed you’re drunk

Advertisement