Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

SC a very good horse on soft ground. Could be hard to beat if he comes over here or France for Grade Ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Saint Calvados 40/1 for the King George. Breeding suggests he gets the 3miles although havent heard anything from his yard he will be stepping up in trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Saint Calvados 40/1 for the King George. Breeding suggests he gets the 3miles although havent heard anything from his yard he will be stepping up in trip.

They said he would be going to sandown for the tingle Creek so I'd say little chance he goes to Kempton

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ruby faller at the last in two consecutive races. The conspiracy theorists will be out in force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Ruby faller at the last in two consecutive races. The conspiracy theorists will be out in force.

Footpad wasn't winning anyway but the Saldier one will have the punters seeing red mist. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

kiers47 wrote: »
    They said he would be going to sandown for the tingle Creek so I'd say little chance he goes to Kempton

Think 2 miles on decent ground is a bit sharp for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Elite hurdle coming up at wincanton should be worth watching I’ll be hoping we have a dream puts down a marker for the season , up against race fit rivals this should be a good race

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

A few shekels on Present Man at winc. Bryony claiming a handy 3lbs which isn’t going to be happening for much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Gringo180 wrote: »

I like Politologue at 20s for the King George. Nicholls has said its the plan for him and he knows what it takes to win that race. Might Byte won last year but only just got home ahead of Double Shuffle. Outside of that, there's serious question marks over the rest of them at the top of the market, especially if the Irish horses stay at home for the Lexus. He's certainly going to go off shorter come Stephens Day so I'll throw a tenner on him before he shortens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Saint Calvados has been campaigned exclusively over 2m or an extended 2m since coming to England. Surely zero chance he steps up to 3m for the King George

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Saint Calvados has been campaigned exclusively over with 2m or an extended 2m since coming to England. Surely zero chance he steps up to 3m for the King George

I'd agree with this wittinghton also said that he "is a proper 2 miler".
    I don't think he lacks pace nyself so not sure why you'd be stepping him up in trip.

Wraps come off a load tomorrow, kilbricken storm and Acey Milan at ffos las, then apples jade and more at Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

BumperD wrote: »
    Wraps come off a load tomorrow, kilbricken storm and Acey Milan at ffos las, then apples jade and more at Navan.

Apples jade is finished as a grade 1 mare , regardless of whether she beats the other has beens tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

1:15 Sandown

Dentley De Mee. 4/1

Lots to like about this horse. 2nd LTO after 190 day break, the winner has come out again last week and won.

Finished 2nd in a Grade 3 at sandown 3 starts ago, drawing clear of the 3rd and 4th place finishers (who’ve both won next time out on their only starts).

This form has some lovely pieces of form and I think he’ll go very close tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Malone Road 16/1 Bumper big time.This horse could be as good as Montelado.This is my NAP NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

akelly02 wrote: »
    Apples jade is finished as a grade 1 mare , regardless of whether she beats the other has beens tomorrow

Ah give her a chance for feck Sake.

Ah give her a chance for feck Sake.

I did , twice

akelly02 wrote: »
    I did , twice

Elliott said she will improve for run so wouldn’t be surprised of an upset tomorrow

Elliott said she will improve for run so wouldn’t be surprised of an upset tomorrow

Same . I just can’t see any of them beating her though . Really poor race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

https://twitter.com/racing_uk/status/1061553311625682946?s=19

Gonna guess:

- Tingle Creek
    - prep for Cheltenham (Game Spirit?)
    - Champion Chase

• Advertisement

He does look and sound like Harry Potter :)

Well that was weird. There was someone on the track at the hurdle out the back and he nearly got cleaned by the runners. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Just noticed Ben Haslam has got some established JP horses this year.

Beuveruil
    Bleu et Rouge
    Demi Sang

They all still have potential, especially the ex-Irish horses now running in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Well that was weird. There was someone on the track at the hurdle out the back and he nearly got cleaned by the runners. Very odd.

Looked like a jockey who was out for a run on the track. Never heard the horses coming. Very strange as you’d always see jockeys run on the inside of the hurdles/fences during a race. Often I’ve seen Patrick Mullins jump a few hurdles but never as the race is happening! Whoever it was he was lucky he didn’t get a clatter. Headphones must have been in too as you’d expect him to hear horses coming behind him - especially as they had just jumped a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Saw that. Someone in a hoody. Where did he come from and what was he doing on the track in the first instance.

Think Apples Jade is only out for a jog today. Second string Dortmund Park heavily punted from 9s to half that this morning.

Something strange going on in the bumper. Bowes horse being backed at the expense of everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ruby tried to put his mount in the race there. Really tried so damn hard.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ruby tried to put his mount in the race there. Really tried so damn hard.

Meanwhile the backed second string gets first run....

Saving himself for the 2.10 I'd imagine.

Motivator wrote: »
    Looked like a jockey who was out for a run on the track. Never heard the horses coming. Very strange as you’d always see jockeys run on the inside of the hurdles/fences during a race. Often I’ve seen Patrick Mullins jump a few hurdles but never as the race is happening! Whoever it was he was lucky he didn’t get a clatter. Headphones must have been in too as you’d expect him to hear horses coming behind him - especially as they had just jumped a flight.
    STB. wrote: »
    Saw that. Someone in a hoody. Where did he come from and what was he doing on the track in the first instance.

Think Apples Jade is only out for a jog today. Second string Dortmund Park heavily punted from 9s to half that this morning.

Something strange going on in the bumper. Bowes horse being backed at the expense of everything else.

I thought first it was some idiot but a jockey out shedding a few pounds makes sense. Still a bit reckless

Hard watching that identity thief went badly wrong

• Advertisement

Impressive.

Lot of poor jumping in behind.

Unfortunately that looks like the end of Identity Thief.

Advertisement