Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallagher Premiership 2018/2019

Comments

• Bristol beating Sarcens in Allianz Park

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Kevski

Bristol beating Sarcens in Allianz Park

It’ll be interesting to see how Billy Vunipola goes when he comes on. Him and Williams could swing the game.

• Kevski wrote: »
    Leicester are 32-7 up against Newcastle after 23mins. They’re certainly up for it this week!

That tells it's own story really.

Kevski wrote: »
    It’ll be interesting to see how Billy Vunipola goes when he comes on. Him and Williams could swing the game.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Bath getting hockeyed at home by Gloucester.

Leinster should be aiming for an away win there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Bristol beating Sarcens in Allianz Park
    Didn't last long, Saracens ended up putting 40+ points on them.

• Didn't last long, Saracens ended up putting 40+ points on them.

Red card was the turning point

Pretty amazing comeback in this one, from 0-21 down Bath won something like 31-24.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Pretty amazing comeback in this one, from 0-21 down Bath won something like 31-24.

Banahan scored a try after that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It was a draw, 31-31. Banahan try at the death.

Incredible day in the Premiership. Bristol were the only team who didn't get a try bonus point but still managed 3 tries at Saracens. I think there were 37 tries in 4 games.

• Advertisement

I missed the end, just saw it was a draw now. Of course Banahan scored it.

Brad shields broke his cheekbone on wasps debut

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Brad shields broke his cheekbone on wasps debut

It’s ws a pretty big hit so not surprising. Any word on how long he’’ll be our for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Winters wrote: »
    I would imagine the IRFU get paid in Euro from the 6 nations as it is based in Dublin but the 6 Nations may get paid in sterling from some sponsors.

Possible but I would definitely think the sponsors pay in sterling. The 6 Nations sponsors are generally English/British financial institutions.

So I never get the panic over currency risk. If you have a contract that pays out in Sterling for the next 5 years and you are worried about the value of gbp/eur, you buy a forward contract to lock in the rate as of today for delivery on the dates of the payouts of the sponsor's contract, you pay the cost of the contract fair enpugh but no fx risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Kevski wrote: »
    It’s ws a pretty big hit so not surprising. Any word on how long he’’ll be our for?

Yesterday's Telegraph said he's expected to be out for a month so he'll be touch and go for the Leinster match although I don't expect to see him start of that's his first game back given he has only 40 minutes of rugby since June.

Wasps are having a rough time of it generally with injuries at the moment. I believe they're looking at some short term signings to tide them over. Most of their front liners are available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Decent game between Wasps and Leicester. Wasps well in control.

Coles with a massive late hit and the ref gives nothing. Joke of a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Red card. Ffs. Games going to pot with decisions like that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

25-18 at HT to Wasps.

Leicester lock has been given a red. Wasps player ducked into it somewhat. A lock on a hooker don’t think he could have done anymore.

The ref looks like he’s mad for big calls. Convinced himself he wanted to see Coles in real time only yet this was to be slowed down.

• Red card. Ffs. Games going to pot with decisions like that

Real chance that ends the game as a contest. Murphy seems far from impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Leicester giving this some go. Up 3 points with 20 minutes left. Wasps defense is awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Real chance that ends the game as a contest. Murphy seems far from impressed.

He started off slightly more measured in his post-match comments, but wasn't holding back toward the end. Rugby is too PC (according him Murphy).

Thought it was a harsh red myself, yellow certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Here it is. Shoulder to the head is a red card under current rules. It's harsh in the context of "he didn't mean it and there wasn't much harm done, the game's gone soft" but the ref has to go by the rules.

https://twitter.com/RugbyLAD7/status/1041348389554847747?s=20

(Apologies for the source)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Here it is. Shoulder to the head is a red card under current rules. It's harsh in the context of "he didn't mean it and there wasn't much harm done, the game's gone soft" but the ref has to go by the rules.

https://twitter.com/RugbyLAD7/status/1041348389554847747?s=20

(Apologies for the source)

Going by that clip the wasps player didn’t dip, your man just went in high. Don’t think they can have much ambiguity about those sort of challenges with all the concussion concerns. It’s a red card for good reason.

He started off slightly more measured in his post-match comments, but wasn't holding back toward the end. Rugby is too PC (according him Murphy).

Thought it was a harsh red myself, yellow certainly.

Martin Bayfield comments as interviewer i thought were terrible. "Preparing guys to go out and do some damage" and Geordan seems to think because a player didnt go for a HIA it's grand.

World rugby can't seem to get a consistent grasp on this. Maybe when they are having to find tens of millions to shell out as compensation they will get serious

I expect Spencer might get away with a ban though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Martin Bayfield comments as interviewer i thought were terrible. "Preparing guys to go out and do some damage" and Geordan seems to think because a player didnt go for a HIA it's grand.

World rugby can't seem to get a consistent grasp on this. Maybe when they are having to find tens of millions to shell out as compensation they will get serious

I expect Spencer might get away with a ban though.
    It's not as though it's been a million years since a Leicester player had to retire due to concussion. You'd think Murphy would have a little bit more concern for player's welfare in that context. I'm not at all impressed with the sh1te he's coming out with on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,385 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Iirc Murphy blamed the referee after Leicester got a leathering by Munster last season.

He's a a muppet. He'll deflect everything and try to make his teams shortcomings be the responsibility of someone else.

Tigers match day doctor. Words fail me

https://twitter.com/docnewey/status/1041404971030327296?s=19

• There is an argument it could have been a yellow over a red but the ref is following the letter of the law. How many of those did Dom Ryan receive before they started adding up?

Speaking of Ryan, I haven't read into it but had heard he was taking a case against Leicester resulting from his forced retirement. I hope his solicitors have saved a copy of that tweet - very damning stuff.

There is an argument it could have been a yellow over a red but the ref is following the letter of the law. How many of those did Dom Ryan receive before they started adding up?

Speaking of Ryan, I haven't read into it but had heard he was taking a case against Leicester resulting from his forced retirement. I hope his solicitors have saved a copy of that tweet - very damning stuff.

It's really poor taste for a club doctor to be saying this stuff on Twitter.

You don't need a medical qualification to know a shoulder to the head can cause serious damage.

• Advertisement

Advertisement