Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gallagher Premiership 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

errlloyd wrote: »
    I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for Wasps.

Borrowed a **** ton of money to build a team at probably the least sustainable moment in rugby history.

I'm pretty sure the stadium is the main reason they're so indebted.

Stadiums in general are the main cause of debt in the premiership, not players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

troyzer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the stadium is the main reason they're so indebted.

Stadiums in general are the main cause of debt in the premiership, not players.

Renting stadiums is the main cause of debt usually. But Wasps own the Ricoh. There are upkeep costs and they have to finance the debt they used to buy it but I follow their financial statements and the costs are spiraling each year. Admin expenses went up by 4.5m last year. And their auditor resigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Franno being given credit for writing guff that was readily apparent to casual fans months ago. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    Franno with the early scoop as usual.

Finger right on the pulse!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Renting stadiums is the main cause of debt usually. But Wasps own the Ricoh. There are upkeep costs and they have to finance the debt they used to buy it but I follow their financial statements and the costs are spiraling each year. Admin expenses went up by 4.5m last year. And their auditor resigned.

https://twitter.com/PaulMorganrugby/status/1072165444885323781?s=19

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/PaulMorganrugby/status/1072165444885323781?s=19

Is that a joke?

Is that a joke?

Dunno.

Errlloyd posted a few times about the bonds etc. Seems to be fairly risky way of doing stuff but this guy seems to think it's all good

Is that a joke?

Dunno.

Errlloyd posted a few times about the bonds etc. Seems to be fairly risky way of doing stuff but this guy seems to think it's all good

I was referring more to the tweet hailing the Wasps as a well run club.

I think he genuinely believes what he is saying

I think he genuinely believes what he is saying

Bizarre. I thought he was joking. Wasps are a basket case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Well he is the Communications Director of Premiership Rugby. It’s in his best interests to pretend that everything is fine and dandy.

Bizarre. I thought he was joking. Wasps are a basket case.

Bonds of €35m plus losses up this year again. Errlloyd posted about the bonds a while back, I didn't really understand it but they basically built up debt and it's getting bigger year on year. Must be over €40m at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The Icebergs are getting Icebergier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

this-is-fine.0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Guardian reporting that the Premiership clubs have agreed to sell 35% of the league to CVC for £230 million.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/11/premiership-rugby-hopes-to-finalise-cvc-deal-by-christmas

Not sure this is a good idea for them, either short term or long term. A few probably need the upfront cash I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Not a good sign for the Heineken Cup.
    Where are the new investors going to get all this extra money from sponsorship and tv?
    Unless they are going to tempt the S African Super Rugby sides up north.

This investment company bought out rights in F1 already.

Not a good sign for the Heineken Cup.
    Where are the new investors going to get all this extra money from sponsorship and tv?
    Unless they are going to tempt the S African Super Rugby sides up north.

This investment company bought out rights in F1 already.

It's awful for English rugby as well. Whatever about the RFU struggling against the clubs, it'll be even worse now against a foreign, private third party.
    “It always comes down to a few issues and we will work through them. Nothing is done until it’s done and it will not drag on. With the collective will around the table today, we can find the answers to those items. If we get there, it will be a landmark moment that will allow clubs to make the next wave of investment on grounds and fan experience Kieran Read, Sonny Bill Williams and Sam Whitelock.”

Fixed it. Anyone getting Brexit vibes from the nothing is agreed until everything is agreed bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This Exeter v Saracens game is great. Owen Farrell just mouthed off to the ref to concede a penalty. Kick to Saracens half and a few phases later Exeter score a try. Schalk Burger has just been yellow carded and given away a penalty try.

It's 24-6 to Exeter with 10 minutes left. Saracens haven't lost a game since the Champions Cup defeat to Leinster last season.

Exeter score the bonus point try in the final minute of the game. It came from a 14 man lineout.

31-13 at full time. First time Saracens have been beaten in 8 months. Exeter go top of the league.

Exeter score the bonus point try in the final minute of the game. It came from a 14 man lineout.

31-13 at full time. First time Saracens have been beaten in 8 months. Exeter go top of the league.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Underhill injured. Big loss for Bath and England.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Underhill injured. Big loss for Bath and England.

We should really get a Six Nations thread going. There are loads of injuries already which will affect the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I saw the highlights on c5 the other day. Some great games recently.
    The hit Faf de Klerk put in on Billy Twelvetrees was something else, turned the ball over and Sale got a try.

Underhill did a number on Leavy and VdF at the Rec. Would be a huge blow for England if he missed the opening game.

The statement from Bath says he's going for a scan on a ligament injury. It's only a month until the opening fixture against England. Hopefully he's back in time for the other fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

BT Sport 1, Sale 18-13 Saracens at half-time just now.
    Good match so far.
    Billy V with an early try for Sarries, looks to be fully fit again.
    Sale fought back well, Solomona with a nice try.
    Ashton looking incisive for Sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is the atmosphere this ****e for all Sale games? Went over for the Connacht challenge cup match last year and they were nearly outnumbered by 300 Connacht fans but this looks a decent size crowd and they're barely applauding penalties Sale are winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

21-13 with 15 to play. I think Saracens will get it together in time but Sale well worth their lead. Would be more too if the referee allowed a perfectly good try off a quick line out which he called back as he wanted to penalise Saracens for dissent instead.

FdK is having a brilliant game. He leaves nothing in the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Buer wrote: »
    21-13 with 15 to play. I think Saracens will get it together in time but Sale well worth their lead. Would be more too if the referee allowed a perfectly good try off a quick line out which he called back as he wanted to penalise Saracens for dissent instead.

FdK is having a brilliant game. He leaves nothing in the tank.

Is that allowed? Obviously players are a mile offside, but can you be offside if you're out of play?

Advertisement