Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Porridge with Granola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Toby Shallow Stain

D3V!L wrote: »
    A cup of instant coffee :(

Nasty stuff.

I'd do without rather than have instant. Vile stuff really. I know..,"it's far from fancy coffee ye were rared" but once you get the taste for a good coffee, instant just doesn't cut it any more.

Waiting on a decent java to drip through and I have a couple of nice pastries fresh from the bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'd do without rather than have instant. Vile stuff really. I know..,"it's far from fancy coffee ye were rared" but once you get the taste for a good coffee, instant just doesn't cut it any more.

Waiting on a decent java to drip through and I have a couple of nice pastries fresh from the bakery.

And then I went and made myself another ...... :(

There must be heroin or something in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I was out with the boy, mitching school ;) and fancied something nice. So he had icecream and I had a fabulous pot of loose leaf earl grey. I genuinely didn't realise when I ordered that they did loose leaf so I was chuffed when it arrived in a swanky teapot. First time to have it and the difference was huge!

I'm now researching loose leaf teapots to get one here. A group of kilner jars with different teas and a pretty pot sounds like a lovely cosy gift to myself!

Whispered wrote: »
    I was out with the boy, mitching school ;) and fancied something nice. So he had icecream and I had a fabulous pot of loose leaf earl grey. I genuinely didn't realise when I ordered that they did loose leaf so I was chuffed when it arrived in a swanky teapot. First time to have it and the difference was huge!

I'm now researching loose leaf teapots to get one here. A group of kilner jars with different teas and a pretty pot sounds like a lovely cosy gift to myself!

Mrs S loves her various loose leaf teas and uses an infuser something like this

https://www.englishteastore.com/tea-infuser-ball-175in-stainless-steel.html

Getting the makings together for today's burger and chips. I just have to dig up a few nice big Maris Pipers first.

• Advertisement

Mrs S loves her various loose leaf teas and uses an infuser something like this

https://www.englishteastore.com/tea-infuser-ball-175in-stainless-steel.html

Getting the makings together for today's burger and chips. I just have to dig up a few nice big Maris Pipers first.

That looks very handy if you already own a teapot, but I don't have one! We're
    Coffee drinkers and have a cafetière and an aeropress. Then tea is a bag dunked in water (or oatmilk for a chai latte). So will be getting a nice teapot anyway.

Where does mrs S gets her teas?

About to put dinner on. Paneer and chickpea tikka masala and a paneer and spinach madras. Rice, naan and mango chutney. Still raving about the pataks paste pots. I went to Tesco today and bought 7 (gave 3 to my Mam) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just took a nice piece of Beef out of the oven. I let it stand and then the knife just glided through it. Some creamy mash and corn on the side. Beef gravy wherever I fancy it. Bainne for the wash down and then it will soon be time for Midweek pints, which are starting and ending a lot earlier these days.:eek: This week we are all meeting up in.....the Barber Shop and thats not the name of the pub.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The last two bags of Burger Bites in the house. Might need to go shopping to stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzel Pieces.

Midweek pints are done. We have nice new hair cuts too!:D I have a large bottle of Hophouse 13 in the fridge. Gonna have that after the bedtime routine and then a little snack that I grabbed from the Chinese.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dinner was steak and onions

Dessert was sweet and salty popcorn

Now snacking on maltesers

Crunchie McFlurry

northgirl wrote: »
    Crunchie McFlurry

I’d love a McFlurry now :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I’d love a McFlurry now :D

Well go get one! I have a very bold choice of a dark chocolate digestive, Apple mini pie or a snickers, but only if I finish the tasty little snack I brought home after the "current" bottle of nicey nicey.:D May not happen though. Early starts during the week tend to kill it all off, but I do try.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well go get one! I have a very bold choice of a dark chocolate digestive, Apple mini pie or a snickers, but only if I finish the tasty little snack I brought home after the "current" bottle of nicey nicey.:D May not happen though. Early starts during the week tend to kill it all off, but I do try.:D

Have them all! :pac:

Have them all! :pac:

Its comments like that make this thread and its previous one, look like we are just utter savages gobbin down anything and everything! Oh wait, we are actually.:D

It would mean getting into the car and driving to the city and I’m too tired for that :D

Hmmm maltesers

Autosport wrote: »
    It would mean getting into the car and driving to the city and I’m too tired for that :D

Hmmm maltesers

Maccy Ds need to deliver. I have very funny stories of Maccy Ds from over the years that involve Booze, second helpings and Taxis both in Ireland and abroad. :D

Maccy Ds need to deliver. I have very funny stories of Maccy Ds from over the years that involve Booze, second helpings and Taxis both in Ireland and abroad. :D

Do tell!

Giant Buttons

Do tell!

Giant Buttons

In good time darling.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

pancakes with thinly sliced apple pieces on one side. the taste of roasty apple, just delicious.

spoons of granola from the bag

Sausage bacon and scrambled eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

D3V!L wrote: »
    And then I went and made myself another ...... :(

There must be heroin or something in it.

So many different brands.. I do not enjoy brewed coffee any more. even the folgers singles are too much. I was raised on what you call real coffee too. Fine brands, percolated etc I have all the equipment, in the cupboard!

Instant is "real coffee"; brewed then freeze dried...

Give me instant any day... I take a flask of hot water out with me and make my instant with it...

And yes, cost is a consideration. I recently changed from Nescafe Gold Blend to Supervalu Rich Roast for that reason.

Each to his own and none better or worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cold baked beans which I really enjoyed. Needed the pan they were in :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Rice Krispies ........ not had them in years!!

Graces7 wrote: »
    cold baked beans which I really enjoyed. Needed the pan they were in :eek:

That's funny. I roasted broccoli in balsamic vinegar earlier and forgot about it. Just opened the oven now to a tray of sticky, sweetly vinegary, cold broccoli. Delicious snack!

Absolutely starving right now. Dinner is just a few fried eggs and potatoes followed by stewed apples and custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Chicken sandwich on soft, fresh, white bread with:

560114_232x311.jpg

Followed by a big mug of tea with a couple of dark chocolate McVitie's digestives

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSisdAVeV0tMZjNCR-Evh72saNw7QfRzuMfVi077ej1U3vrzHyT

• Advertisement

Yesterdays leftover curry.

Advertisement