Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Would anyone take a few years living in emergency accommodation, BnBs , Hotels etc in order to get a free 3/4 bed house

I was thinking it about it over the weekend, i sure would . Instead of job,house and maybe kids i could have gone kids,house and maybe a job.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Would anyone take a few years living in emergency accommodation, BnBs , Hotels etc in order to get a free 3/4 bed house

I was thinking it about it over the weekend, i sure would . Instead of job,house and maybe kids i could have gone kids,house and maybe a job.

I'm not sure that you have a proper picture of what living in the hotels and B&B's is

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm not sure that you have a proper picture of what living in the hotels and B&B's is

Beds , shower , toilet , tv all free of charge for a few years until you get a free 300k house.

Its hardly like going to Syria

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Beds , shower , toilet , tv all free of charge for a few years until you get a free 300k house.

Its hardly like going to Syria

Yes, you don't have a proper picture.
    Laundry, meals, curfews, segregation, rules, parking...some other things to consider before the mental health of all those in your family that you are sharing a room with.

Yes, you don't have a proper picture.
    Laundry, meals, curfews, segregation, rules, parking...some other things to consider before the mental health of all those in your family that you are sharing a room with.

Doesnt really sound like hell on Earth . I think i'd survive knowing the next 40 years will be mortgage free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

No I just meant its spelled Penneys. Took me 206 pages to get that off my chest.

Technically speaking it's Primark...

Edit: Actually I'm wrong on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Technically speaking it's Primark...

Technically speaking Primark is an English version of Penneys, and it was Penneys which came first. So you're wrong

Quazzie wrote: »
    Technically speaking Primark is an English version of Penneys, and it was Penneys which came first. So you're wrong

Just googled it, yup you're absolutely right.

Never knew that. Mind blown. Always assumed it was a subsidiary of Primark :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Never knew that. Mind blown. Always assumed it was a subsidiary of Primark :pac:

See? Another mind blown.

Primark is actually the outside of Ireland name because trademark issues with the name Penneys in Europe. I believe that the company is using Primark also outside of Europe.

• Advertisement

See? Another mind blown.

It's a day of revelations! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Now fully owned by a British company called Associated British Foods plc.
    Branded as Penneys in Ireland and Primark everywhere else.

Tis definitely Primark in the states anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Primark is actually the outside of Ireland name because trademark issues with the name Penneys in Europe. I believe that the company is using Primark also outside of Europe.

Yes, the issue arose due to a naming conflict with the American department store chain J. C. Penney.

It's a day of revelations! :D:D

I am your Church on Monday now :D

I am your Church on Monday now :D

Preach :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I love the way travellers try to portray this "we really love our kids" image.

If they cared about them so much, they would ensure they go to school daily, get educated so they could try maybe getting a career and get themselves out of the trap they seem to like to keep themselves in.

Education could, in one generation, change the quality of life for so many travellers.

If they wanted it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

So are you off to live in emergency accommodation then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

"Can every1 plz pray we get news tomrow"

Apparently Margaret is meeting with the council today

Will she have her home forever in time for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

1 like = 1 prayer

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "Can every1 plz pray we get news tomrow"

Apparently Margaret is meeting with the council today

Will she have her home forever in time for Christmas?

If I prayed for anything it would be that Mags gets news tomorrow.

God its like an even more depressing Eastenders.

BBFAN wrote: »
    So are you off to live in emergency accommodation then?

Too late for me. Im paying for my home

If I prayed for anything it would be that Mags gets news tomorrow.

God its like an even more depressing Eastenders.

Ha more depressing than Eastenders lol

I wonder is this the house in Old Bawn that was mentioned earlier in the thread?

Would be interested to see that alright. I don't know the place myself but from what I've read the residents wouldn't be too happy.

Yeah I can't imagine too many people being pleased with Margaret and her 7 angles moving in next door, possibly with the husband as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Yeah I can't imagine too many people being pleased with Margaret and her 7 angles moving in next door, possibly with the husband as well

Imagine having saved up to get a deposit for a house, be paying a mortgage every month, and then having your area infested by such a vile set of creatures.

It'd be like accidentally buying a house in Syria.

It does seem terribly unfair that you can just get landed with neighbours like that. After paying top whack for your house. Similar thing happened in an estate close to me recently. Residents objected and objected and could do nothing about it. This isn't in a posh estate either, just full of working class families.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Imagine having saved up to get a deposit for a house, be paying a mortgage every month, and then having your area infested by such a vile set of creatures.

It'd be like accidentally buying a house in Syria.

I wonder how that wrong purchase would go....

Yes we have a lovely timeshare with guaranteed sunshine!

Where is it you ask? Why it's in Spa.....riya. Lovely part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,155 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He won't be moving in - that could affect the single parent payment.

• Advertisement

True in theory but happens up and down the country all the time with no affect on payments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement