Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭jay0109

BobMc wrote: »
    No custodial sentence till you reach 3 digits :)

If your in jail, the Legal industry can't earn more fees. Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭MFPM

vonlars wrote: »
    You're on a roll today MFPM.

Do you not find it ironic that a woman who bleeds the state of €50k a year while standing on a street screeching that they are 'robbing' her goes and robs a shop? Do you see the hypocrisy?

Where did I defend/condone the woman's misdemeanor? The questions I asked (yet to be answered by anyone who has responded to me) was why was there a thread on this and is there to be a thread on every single person who appears in court on a misdemeanor?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

MFPM wrote: »
    Where did I defend/condone the woman's misdemeanor? The questions I asked (yet to be answered by anyone who has responded to me) was why was there a thread on this and is there to be a thread on every single person who appears in court on a misdemeanor?

TO KEEP THIS THREAD SENSIBLE CAN WE ALL IGNORE MFPM NOW.

THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭vonlars

Not everyone who robs Penneys has stood on a street screaming that the government is robbing them. That's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

jjmcclure wrote: »

THANKS

Sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Needs them clothes.

Winter is comin'

jjmcclure wrote: »

THANKS

Someone doesn't like to be challenged or have a counter narrative....

Not everyone who robs Penneys has stood on a street screaming that the government is robbing them. That's why.

So the housing neglect by the state is justified due to a misdemeanor? Are you in favour of every person housed by the state who has ever appeared in court on a misdemeanor be evicted?

Do you like being challenged?:D

Do you like being challenged?:D

You didn't last long in ignoring me did you...4 posts! Now any answers to the questions or are you content to just evade, avoid and ignore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

A counter narrative to ....... her being a hypocritical assh0le?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

So the housing neglect by the state is justified due to a misdemeanor? Are you in favour of every person housed by the state who has ever appeared in court on a misdemeanor be evicted?

Just the ones guilty of 38 or more.

• MFPM wrote: »

No, Maggie never bled the state dry and is a model citizen.

VinLieger wrote: »
    A counter narrative to ....... her being a hypocritical assh0le?

Are you suggesting she's alone in that?

givyjoe wrote: »
    Just the ones guilty of 38 or more.

Good to know...there'd be alot of evictions on that basis across a swathe of disadvantaged areas of Dublin, Limerick, Cork etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

sdraobs wrote: »
    fake news. there isnt a penneys in tallaght afaik

RTFP.
    The shop was in Rathfarnham. :rolleyes:

From the IT

"Cash, (28), Westpark Gate, Tallaght, had pleaded guilty to stealing clothing worth €321 from Penneys, Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Rathfarnham, on February 17, 2018."

Sorry folks like they say never feed a troll.

Guess which option I picked?

2ns88l0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was going to reply to your earlier message but I didn't see the point but here goes Margaret put herself in the public eye a few months ago now.
    She's being active on social media, in print media and even appeared on TV and has made several interesting statements in this period. So, of course they'll be public interest in this woman and a thread might be created.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

You're on a roll today MFPM.

Do you not find it ironic that a woman who bleeds the state of €50k a year while standing on a street screeching that they are 'robbing' her goes and robs a shop? Do you see the hypocrisy?

People in glass houses ANY house shouldn't throw stones LOL :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Allinall

Peter Casey is doing an OB outside Penny’s this evening.

Think he wants to see if there’s any stables out the back that could House Margaret, her kids and the stash of gear.

• Advertisement

No, Maggie never bled the state dry and is a model citizen.

She's not alone in not being a 'model citizen' if that's your criteria. As for bleeding the state dry - I think you'll find she receives what she's entitled to, if you don't agree with the social welfare system, that's a different matter entirely.

I've no doubt Mr Casey has been the beneficiary of quite a bit of corporate welfare in his business dealings in Ireland, the US and Australia but he's rich, welfare for the rich is fine! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Good to know...there'd be alot of evictions on that basis across a swathe of disadvantaged areas of Dublin, Limerick, Cork etc...

God forbid state funded housing should be taken away from repeat offending criminals.. :rolleyes:

Allinall wrote: »
    Peter Casey is doing an OB outside Penny’s this evening.

Think he wants to see if there’s any stables out the back that could House Margaret, her kids and the stash of gear.

He was next to the Travellers he's been castigating today and he didn't meet them or discuss with them, the coward didn't want his bullsh!t exposed.

givyjoe wrote: »
    God forbid state funded housing should be taken away from repeat offending criminals.. :rolleyes:

If you want to argue that then fine but the rabble on this thread are only focusing their ire on this woman because of her community- monumentally hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

38 previous convictions?? It's all coming out now.. No wonder she had to swap out the car for the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Homer

He was next to the Travellers he's been castigating today and he didn't meet them or discuss with them, the coward didn't want his bullsh!t exposed.

Or his wallet lifted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I think you'll find she receives what she's entitled to, if you don't agree with the social welfare system, that's a different matter entirely.

Am I'm sure you understand there's people who work for 40hrs a week more than Margaret Cash, for half the amount she's entitled to, who don't like her complaining about not getting anything from the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Maybe the travellers should get a consistent story together

In a statement released on behalf of the Traveller families, they deny demanding stables or "paddocks" from the council and say they agreed to move to the houses if "grazing land" was provided for their horses.
    So if grazing land was provided

https://www.rte.ie/news/presidential-election/2018/1018/1005086-presidential-election/

Long way from the McCarthys said originally

However, the Travellers living across the road say they will not be occupying them unless two stables and at least half an acre of land are included behind each dwelling for their horses.

They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables,” Philip McCarthy, one of the residents of the site at Cabragh Bridge, said at the weekend. “They [Tipperary County Council] changed it to a group project, like a mini-housing estate. The agreement was two stables and a half an acre for the horses, but they never came up with that.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...es-874178.html

The McCarthys specifically mentioned stables

When it was was put to him that Pavee Point said the family did not want the council to give it the land, rather to rent it,

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...asey-1.3666390

Big change from They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables to renting the extra land

Me think the media and the travellers in question are trying to change the narrative as they have turned down €1.7 million in houses and it looks terrible

Demanding half and acre of land behind each house and stables.

Now they are changing the narrative

Casey is right to call them out on their BS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I'd be amazed if anything more than a tiny percentage of travellers are registered to vote.

Doesn't stop them claiming and complaining though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement