Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

tretorn wrote: »

As a very unwilling licence fee payer to RTE I would like management to review that interview and call Tubridy to account over it.

How did RTÉ respond when you asked them to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Phoebas wrote: »
    How did RTÉ respond when you asked them to do this?

I would expect RTE management to do their job without having to be asked by people who directly pay their wages.

If RTE management having read the twitter criticism and having watched Tubridys petulant childish behaviour still dont think there is cause for concern then RTE is no longer an objective professional broadcaster.

I would expect RTE management to do their job without having to be asked by people who directly pay their wages.

If RTE management having read the twitter criticism and having watched Tubridys petulant childish behaviour still dont think there is cause for concern then RTE is no longer an objective professional broadcaster.
    Fair enough.
    You're just complaining about RTÉ on boards, but you haven't made an actual complaint to RTÉ.

Will you be back on here next week complaining that RTÉ haven't dealt appropriately with the complaint you didn't tell them about?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The insurance companies are getting to grips with false personal injury claims and no prizes for guessing which members of our community are over represented in personal injuries claims.

Its about time the Insurance companies tackled this problem because its us fools who payy insurance and road tax who have been funding these payouts.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/court-directs-60k-fraudulent-insurance-claim-be-reported-to-garda%C3%AD-1.3291459

This is completely true, I worked in a solicitors office before and there was Travellers in most days with personal injuries claim. They even take cases against each other, like the wife would sue the husband who had an accident while a passenger in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I wonder will Tubridy make any reference on his radio show tomorrow to the criticism he got on twitter over his totally biased interview with Peter Casey.

As a very unwilling licence fee payer to RTE I would like management to review that interview and call Tubridy to account over it.

Unfortunately, the likes of Turd-idy and his RTE quango co-horts are untouchable. They are protected by liberal and leftist politicians where you will find an enormous amount of mutual back-scratching going on.

Don't forget that RTE has a complete disdain for the squeezed middle. We are the people who pay for the terrible service that RTE provide to the country through their disproportionate-charge-for-what-we-get television license. RTE tries at every opportunity to seek retribution on those of us who object to their requests for an increase in the TV tax .... in order to give pay increases to their already exorbitantly paid "talent".

When the squeezed middle finally get a voice in this country (and it will be soon), I'd say that the Television license will be on the way out. Either RTE sink or they swim on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

The insurance companies are getting to grips with false personal injury claims and no prizes for guessing which members of our community are over represented in personal injuries claims.

Its about time the Insurance companies tackled this problem because its us fools who payy insurance and road tax who have been funding these payouts.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/court-directs-60k-fraudulent-insurance-claim-be-reported-to-garda%C3%AD-1.3291459

Just on insurance, I have a small holding acroos the border here in longford, a couple of sheds and 8 acres of land.
    I have house insurance here and a few sheds with 20 acres of land, in Cavan.
    My farm insurance is higher in longford and has to be separated from here by fbd, or if I include it all together it would be dearer, I was told it was because of the high crime rate on longford farms because of travellers.
    I'm not saying that's the official line, but that's what I was told anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

MFPM wrote: »
    Might I suggest you take your head out of your bigoted ar$e and look at the facts of the situation - you're simply aping Casey.
    Mod note: MFPM, don't post in this thread again. There's no need for anybody to be abusive when replying to a post.

Buford T. Justice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

fin12 wrote: »
    I say there will be every chance he will be voted in especially in the counties he topped the presidential vote in. He has done very well so far.

What are you talking about? Michael D topped the poll in every single constituency and only in a handful was Casey even reasonably close behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,283 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Omackeral wrote: »
    He was asked a question about the community in question and responded. He didn't target anyone. You're wrong. Incorrect.

Wrong O, completely wrong. He was asked about homelessness and introduced Tipp and travellers himself. He then went on to have a go at SEMS.
    20.22 here.
    https://soundcloud.com/the-floating-voter-independent-ie/presidential-candidate-peter-casey-believes-travellers-should-not-be-recognised-as-a-ethnic-minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Some of them do, of that there is no doubt. Some of the settled community make the news too, some of our immigrant community as well, and for equally bad reasons.

Again I’ll ask the question, what is traveller diversity? What makes them diverse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

No. He was asked about homelessness and introduced travellers and Tipperary himself.

He hasn't addressed any of the other issues you mention, that I can see. That is what his supporters think he was referring to in some sort of masonic secret shorthand way.

He brought it up in the context of discussing people turning down offers of housing.
    Perfectly legitimate context.

Listen to about 20 mins in....

https://soundcloud.com/the-floating-voter-independent-ie/presidential-candidate-peter-casey-believes-travellers-should-not-be-recognised-as-a-ethnic-minority

Panch18 wrote: »
    Again I’ll ask the question, what is traveller diversity? What makes them diverse?

Again I will answer - if you don't know the answer to that,(what travellers say about it and what your government accepted) go research it. It is not my responsibility to inform you. Nor to defend what travellers think.
    Personally I accept the arguments for SEMS.

He brought it up in the context of discussing people turning down offers of housing.
    Perfectly legitimate context.

Listen to about 20 mins in....

It may or may not be legitimate. The poster said he 'was asked' specifically about the Tipp situation and SEMS. He wasn't, he introduced those subjects himself.

Again I will answer - if you don't know the answer to that,(what travellers say about it and what your government accepted) go research it. It is not my responsibility to inform you. Nor to defend what travellers think.

So you can’t answer the question then

Go figure

Go figure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

complaints@rte.ie is the place to go.

This is the legislation that they failed in

"RTÉ is obliged under Section 39 (1) of the Broadcasting Act 2009 to ensure that:

(a) all news broadcast is reported and presented in an objective and impartial manner and without any expression of the broadcaster's own views."
    Sending my complaint in now. I also think it's worth people reporting to the BAI under the legislation you quoted above.

https://www.bai.ie/en/viewers-listeners/complaints/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,370 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Different is not different.

Entitlements are not entitlements.

You still here?

Not sure why you're posting WW2 propaganda (it is explicitly such). Don't worry your head listermint, I'll do the work for you!

So the American movie Don't be a sucker was warning against 5th columnists and socially divisive rabble rousers. Presumably it was also an opportunity for FDR to promote racial desegregation as well, though that didn't stop him from the mass interment of people with Japanese heritage the year before.

A fascist who was openly anti-Catholic Church? Seems a bit unlikely. Also the fascists in America were more likely to be acting on a pacifist note, in the same way that the fascists in Germany were more about undoing the Versailles Treaty as their primary take-home message.

Wait - but how does this relate to Ireland?

Dun dun dun

It's that when you get someone lauching tirades against certain people or organizations, like the Catholic Church, the Brits, the Prods, or the scummy bankers, you are giving into extremism. I think I've picked that up wrong.

Okay, I'll give it another go. There are 5th columnists afoot who will weaken the war effort. They should not be given a platform from which to sow division during these perilous times. No, no, I'm still missing it.

This is tougher than I thought, listermint, I'm not surprised you left it to me.

Oh wait, Casey is a fascist.

Got it.

You still here.

Response. Yes I'm still here your attempts to ridicule a single poster out of a thread didn't work.

Casey is a facist ? Never said it. Can you give me a link where I said Casey is a facist or said he was like a facist?

Il wait.

Watch the video again it's fairly obvious explanation of where demonising sections of society leads . You don't get it. Fine. Others will.

Omackeral wrote: »
    He was asked a question about the community in question and responded. He didn't target anyone. You're wrong. Incorrect.

That's not true.
    He was asked a question about the housing crisis in general and he introduced the topic of people refusing houses and the specific instance in Tipp.

That's not true.
    He was asked a question about the housing crisis in general and he introduced the topic of people refusing houses and the specific instance in Tipp.

And isn’t it a very valid point to bring into a conversation on housing and homelessness??

Go figure

No, I can. I read the documentation and the contributions from all sides in the debate leading up to the conferring of SEMS. I am satisfied with SEMS as an aid to inclusivity and to parity of esteem.

It's you that seems to be having some difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,370 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I wonder will Tubridy make any reference on his radio show tomorrow to the criticism he got on twitter over his totally biased interview with Peter Casey.

Why bother.

If it's not obvious to you that its usually angry people angry about something that are the loudest then I suggest getting a job in a customer service department for a week.

Everyone else is just out there living their lives beside their neighbours just getting on with it. Not being angry all the time.

That's the exhausted middle. Not the 6 percent of twitter ranters

No, I can. I read the documentation and the contributions from all sides in the debate leading up to the conferring of SEMS. I am satisfied with SEMS as an aid to inclusivity and to parity of esteem.

It's you that seems to be having some difficulty.

Yet you can’t actually list anything that makes them diverse??

Yet you can’t actually list anything that makes them diverse??

:D:D Yes I can.

If you are in this debate and don't know what it is travellers say on the subject and what your government agreed to, then it isn't my responsibility to inform you.

The subject of the thread kinda suggests you should know something about the subject.

And isn’t it a very valid point to bring into a conversation on housing and homelessness??

It is.
    Just correcting the untruth that he was just answering a question he was asked by someone else.
    He introduced the whole traveller bit, with no prompting from anyone.

It is.
    Just correcting the untruth that he was just answering a question he was asked by someone else.

And it is entirely legitimate to say he 'targeted' a specific community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Unique language and religious customs I would say are the main things.

:D:D Yes I can.

If you are in this debate and don't know what it is travellers say on the subject and what your government agreed to, then it isn't my responsibility to inform you.

The subject of the thread kinda suggests you should know something about the subject.

Actually it’s seems that you can’t list anything - despite being repeatedly asked to do so you avoid answering what is requested of you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It is.

They were speaking about the homeless crisis. The hot topic at that time was the Travellers refusal to take the state of the art homes offered to them in Tipp. It was national news and therefore relevant. It was a natural progression from the topic which was offered by the hosts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Unique language and religious customs I would say are the main things.
    What are Travellers unique religious customs compared to other Catholics? They attend the same masses as everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What are you talking about? Michael D topped the poll in every single constituency and only in a handful was Casey even reasonably close behind him.

No he didn’t, he topped the polls in Rathkeale, Askeaton, and a few others, what r u talking about???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement