Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handicap Plots NH

• 05-11-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

What are the Skeltons aiming C'hitibello at? I find for a horse so consistent that his form has gone to sh1te this season maybe when theyve realised hes not good enough for Grade 1 company.

Be interesting to hear some opinions on who they reckon are been lined up for the big handicap races throughout the season.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

To be honest this is a tough one. Back in 2016 after a win the mark went from 135 to 142. Big jump so you know it's a decent horse. The skeltons tried to fool the handicapper on the next run I feel and it was a beaten 5/12 but was still raised from 142 to 144 which I think was fair. They then knew the handicapper was on to them and it won next time out on a mark of 144 @ 5/1.

This is where things go downhill because the hanicapper thinks this horse is very good and consistently raises it to 157 witout winning.

This particular year it started on a mark of 156 and now 148. It will need to show form and be raised a little before it can win. In my opinion I don't see it doing anything in the near future, it's dropping in the ratings like a has been horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

If they could somehow keep Le Richebourg's mark sub 145 i think he would absolutely trot in in the Novice HC at Cheltenham if the ground came up goodish. He looks a very nice chasing prospect.
    Lots of variables but i think he is one to keep on side.

Yorkhill has been dropped to a mark of 151 he has bags of ability. I wouldnt have been his biggest fan over the years but he is certainly a 160+ horse on his good days. He can definitely take down a big handicap off that mark.

2 that are hardly plots but i think could be competitive pending how they are campaigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Chtibello is not genuine and regressing quite quickly. should have picked up nice prizes but has missed a good few penalty kicks at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Killultagh Vic, Wicklow Brave, Limini. Just a few (out of Mullins yard) to keep an eye on if they turn up in a big handicap at the festival.

Thomas Campbell was just out for a spin today as well.

Ps. That Chitibello was beat last time out by a snot @20/1.

Petit Mouchar as well was out for a spin at Leop over the xmas. 3rd in a Champ Hurdle a few years back and still in his prime he would be of huge interest in one of the Handicap Hurdles. Prob down to a mark of 152--154 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Petit Mouchar as well was out for a spin at Leop over the xmas. 3rd in a Champ Hurdle a few years back and still in his prime he would be of huge interest in one of the Handicap Hurdles. Prob down to a mark of 152--154 now

He is one of my horses to follow this season. If he appears in the county of that mark, ill loose my mind. I do actually still fancy him to run a big race in the Champion Chase at a big price

aidankkk wrote: »
    He is one of my horses to follow this season. If he appears in the county of that mark, ill loose my mind. I do actually still fancy him to run a big race in the Champion Chase at a big price

Did you see his run LTO. Travelled supremely well and wasnt knocked about too much. Doubt they will send him back over larger obstacles will they?

Did you see his run LTO. Travelled supremely well and wasnt knocked about too much. Doubt they will send him back over larger obstacles will they?

Yep, but id imagine he's more likely to go for champion rather than handicap. He could get involved the way that race has gone. I still think he has a lot to offer over fences.

He could be a very interesting bet for the 2 mile hurdle at the leop festival

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I wouldn't think so. He didn't like the bigger obstacles. You get horses like that. Poor oul Identity Thief was another who didn't like the bigger obstacles and reverted to hurdling.

I also doubt he will be in any handicap coup. His rating is too high.

The Leopardstown Champion Hurdle G1 is coming up at the start of February at the Dublin Festival. Think it might be too soon.

If I were Henry, I'd swerve that and be looking at the Red Mills G3 at Gowran which is at the end of the February. Then I'd forget Cheltenham and stick him away for a go at the RyanAir Stayers at Aintree for the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

The way Ballyandy shaped back over hurdles he’s one i want to be on in the Coral Cup.

Sire Du Berlais in the pertemps but was backed in market from 50/1 to 16/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Felix Desjy. Why has he been stepped up in trip lately with how keen he races? To disguise his ability I suspect.
    Very talented bumper horse and will likely turn up in the County at the foot of the weights and put to sleep out the back and come through 2 out like he only entered the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

madmoose wrote: »
    The way Ballyandy shaped back over hurdles he’s one i want to be on in the Coral Cup.

Sire Du Berlais in the pertemps but was backed in market from 50/1 to 16/1.

I'm on. But not at Fiddys.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'm on. But not at Fiddys.

I got 25/1 but knew he was 50/1 half hour before before it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Felix Desjy. Why has he been stepped up in trip lately with how keen he races? To disguise his ability I suspect.
    Very talented bumper horse and will likely turn up in the County at the foot of the weights and put to sleep out the back and come through 2 out like he only entered the race.

Will that be his mark blown now or will he get away with low 140's?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Will that be his mark blown now or will he get away with low 140's?:confused:

Was never a handicap plot. Big engine but even today he tanked through the race. Wont get away with that in any race at the festival. That was a bike race today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What's Dortmund Park being aimed at?

Ben Dundee Novice Cap at Chelt as he has an english mark of 141 having found this out this week.

DUC DES GENIEVRES would be very interesting if he got into the close brothers. 2m5f would be perfect. Seems like he is likely to be 1-2 too high for it. Ex Patriot would interest me for the same race.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

id love to see espoir dallen turn up in the county hurdle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I'd love to see Jezki turn up in the county hurdle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I'd love to see Jezki turn up in the county hurdle!

The only reason he would be running would be to keep the weights down for another JP horse. Wouldn't be mapped in the race.

Kauto wrote: »
    The only reason he would be running would be to keep the weights down for another JP horse. Wouldn't be mapped in the race.

Hes short enough in the Coral Cup at 20/1.

I hope everyone else think hed have no chance in the County. As i think he certainly would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I hope everyone else think hed have no chance in the County. As i think he certainly would.

I thought Jezki was your festival nap based on some previous posts :)

Early Doors is one we need to keep an eye on maybe for the Coral Cup as his english mark is around 142 and he ran well placing in the Martin Pipe.

Kauto wrote: »

BS

If the ground is anyway suitable he would have a huge shout
    Class is class

What Bookies is that with Aidan? Looking for him on PP/Boyles no sign of him for Coral or County

What Bookies is that with Aidan? Looking for him on PP/Boyles no sign of him for Coral or County

only with sky bet. Not worth backing yet, hell be a big price on the day

only with sky bet. Not worth backing yet, hell be a big price on the day

anything large be a great ew bet

Wicklow Brave wonder what mark hes down to now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

All this Jezki talk is laughable. He's gone at the game, ever since Hurricane Fly retired. A great servant like him shouldn't be put in the County for any reaason.

Advertisement