Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Next State of Play happening this Thursday, will only be 10 minutes long and will offer an extended look of Medievil along with the debut of a new title from PlayStation Worldwide Studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You'd hope that a State of Play would be longer than 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Next State of Play happening this Thursday, will only be 10 minutes long.....

Why even bother?
    Just release a trailer altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EA Access is being added for PS4 in July.

https://www.ea.com/ea-access/ps4?sf212272363=1&isLocalized=true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I am in the same boat tbh

The battery life is poor would much prefer a wired controller

Just buy two controllers and a dual charger no?

That’s what I did for xbox360 and now for PS4.

Wires are a pain in the hole.

Input lag is the only reason I’d go wired and really only affects games like fighting games where a split second reaction is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

EA Access is being added for PS4 in July.

Shame most of the games I want to play from EA are last gen games :(

Definitely checking that out, looks to be way better than PS Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

How much does it cost for Xbox? I found a US price of $4.99 per month, that seems overly reasonable?

dulpit wrote: »
    How much does it cost for Xbox? I found a US price of $4.99 per month, that seems overly reasonable?

I saw the same, and 30 dollars for the year which gets you access you to library of old games and then 10 hour trials for new games. Seems very cheap for that. I'd happily pay 5 dollars to play games like fifa, battlefield and nhl for a month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

€4 per month, €25 per year.

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/entertainment/xbox-one/live-apps/ea-access

F1ngers wrote: »

They have some great 360 titles on there, I'd absolutely love to play Skate 3 again. Interesting to see the Sony price with access to only a fraction of those games.

F1ngers wrote: »

Seems an absolute bargain. Am I reading it correctly - you can play the likes of Fifa or Madden as long as you are subscribed?

Also, will you need existing access to PS Plus?

Seems an absolute bargain. Am I reading it correctly - you can play the likes of Fifa or Madden as long as you are subscribed?

Also, will you need existing access to PS Plus?

Yes, you can play FIFA and Madden as long as you are subscribed, but the current version usually doesn't go up until the end of the season. You should also get a 10% discount on buying any EA game or dlc digitally.

You will not need PS+ to subscribe to EA Access, though it will still be required for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is it not Origin Premier that gives you access to new games?

The basic sub only grants 10hrs of brand new game. Far as i can tell premier is PC only

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is it not Origin Premier that gives you access to new games?

The basic sub only grants 10hrs of brand new game. Far as i can tell premier is PC only

That is correct. After some time has past, usually at least 6 months the game will be added to the Vault and the full game will become available for all subscribers.

Id actually really like to see the premier sub on console.

I subbed for a month on PC recently,played anthem for 60hrs in that month then didnt renew the sub. I know that game got mixed reviews but i think in general €15 for a month to try out there new games is pretty good.

Hope we see it on console at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Id actually really like to see the premier sub on console.

I subbed for a month on PC recently,played anthem for 60hrs in that month then didnt renew the sub. I know that game got mixed reviews but i think in general €15 for a month to try out there new games is pretty good.

Hope we see it on console at some point.

The premier sub would be great on consoles.
    The only reason that I can see that EA don't do it, is cause you also have to pay for the Live/Plus sub too, but not on PC :)

I'd still pay 100 for the year, no hassle! Less than the price of 2 brand new games :D

Stupid youtube and their live stuff.

The State of play is tomorrow but it's been in my subs for a day already.

• Advertisement

Final fantasy 7 remake is coming.....soon. I know it's taking ages but that will have to be an insta buy. I'm not sure if they'll be able to recreate the charm the original had though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Interested in hearing more about Predator: Hunting Grounds. Sounds a little like the asymmetric shooting premise of Evolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Varik wrote: »

Nothing tickled my fancy too much, altho Predator could have potential if it's done well. Shame we only got a 5 second clip of it

Any games like PS3 Buzz on PS4?

Dont mind buying extra controllers but i do have 3 PS4 controllers so not totally nessacery

Knowledge is power

Uses phones for controller

Any games like PS3 Buzz on PS4?

Dont mind buying extra controllers but i do have 3 PS4 controllers so not totally nessacery

There's the ones where people in the same room play with their own smartphones. So no controllers needed per se.

I'm struggling to remember it's name right now!

Think they gave it free on PS Plus monthly games last summer or the summer before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Try It's Quiz Time. Probably the best out of the quiz games on PS4. Loads of questions, round. Uses your smartphone. Made by some of the ex-Buzz developers.

There's also Trivial Pursuit Live which uses controllers instead of smartphones which is good too

marcbrophy wrote: »
    There's the ones where people in the same room play with their own smartphones. So no controllers needed per se.

I'm struggling to remember it's name right now!

Think they gave it free on PS Plus monthly games last summer or the summer before :)

The one I was thinking of is That's You! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The one I was thinking of is That's You! :)

Knowledge is Power is more quiz based. That's You is more party game based.

Advertisement