Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

• 28-11-2018 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Just to keep the RDR2 online separated from single player.

Discuss Red Dead Online here:

There is a Boards crew used for GTA online for the moment select this as your crew for RDO: Boards-ie

If you want to posse up post your tag in chat or message me and i'll update the top post so it is not lost in the pages.

PSN:
    Zero-Cool - sheehy83
    Varik - Dreadaxe
    nerobert - NERObert
    weiland79 - Weiland79
    kegr16 - kegr16
    DarC_Kn1ght - DarC_Kn1ght

Xbox:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Really looking forward to online after finishing the main story. There will be a few late nights this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Still haven't got access. :(

There is a crew for GTA online (Boards-ie) do we use the same one or start another for RDO?

Better off starting another I think. Not sure how active that crew is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i have to wait till Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like Launch day owners access should open today at 1.30pm GMT. Post up here if anyone can get in, looking forward to giving this a lash tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

There is a crew for GTA online (Boards-ie) do we use the same one or start another for RDO?

Better off starting another I think. Not sure how active that crew is.

Probably best to start a new crew for RDR2 online.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Probably best to start a new crew for RDR2 online.

Just looking there its for GTA only I think. There is social club on RDR2 not sure if a crew/posse would show up though.

The Boards-ie crew will work for RDR 2. I started that for Max Payne 3 Online and since then any Rockstar games can use the same crew.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie/wall

Basically, when you start online in RDR, you should have an option to join crew members so basically it's the fastest way to join local lads for the craic. There are 678 members in that so a quick way to join the majority of players already on boards. Feel free to join that one if ye like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

we need a role play only crew cause ya'll ger er to taulk like dis

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The Boards-ie crew will work for RDR 2. I started that for Max Payne 3 Online and since then any Rockstar games can use the same crew.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie/wall

Basically, when you start online in RDR, you should have an option to join crew members so basically it's the fastest way to join local lads for the craic. There are 678 members in that so a quick way to join the majority of players already on boards. Feel free to join that one if ye like.

I'm in that one alright. I'd say R* will update one for RDO eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Lone Stone wrote: »
    we need a role play only crew cause ya'll ger er to taulk like dis

Everyone: :Hey there mister

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Day 1 Customers should be this evening I think

Online there now for me Day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looking at this thread on Reddit it seems like a giant grind for some cash...

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/a13gxq/wrong_gold_bar_math/

I just need some time...and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

J. Marston wrote: »
    Looking at this thread on Reddit it seems like a giant grind for some cash...

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/a13gxq/wrong_gold_bar_math/

I just need some time...and money.

Did anyone expect anything different after GTA V?

Just one more score... after these 10 scores so I can buy a colour for my saddlebags.

Just one more score... after these 10 scores so I can buy a colour for my saddlebags.

Seems there is admin fee of $200 in game dollars to form a persistent posse as well :rolleyes:

Not sure why they are calling it an admin fee. What needs to be maintained that isn't already programmed.

The prices of weapons is ridiculous 400% dearer than single player. WTF R*??

Yeah I saw the admin fee on a steam and it looked strange. Would definitely want to know what permanent possie entailed before parting with 200 quid. I just read that beta progress might not carry over to full online so I wouldn't go investing too much anyway.

How are ye finding it?

Absolutely.
    Monatisation at it's finest.

I think my plan will be to knock a bit of craic out of this for a couple of weeks and then forget about it as the grind will take over.

Only way to progress is via micro-transactions once you hit that wall.
    It's the part of Rockstar / Take - Two I despise.

I'm on two minds about waiting till its out of beta TBH. The thoughts of free roaming missions and travelling is not appealing to me atm. Its pretty smooth so far though no issues as far as I can tell. Apart from the stupidly priced in game items.

Seems there is admin fee of $200 in game dollars to form a persistent posse as well :rolleyes:

Not sure why they are calling it an admin fee. What needs to be maintained that isn't already programmed.

The prices of weapons is ridiculous 400% dearer than single player. WTF R*??

Again this is not surprising at all tbh

• Advertisement

Tried to sell items to a shopkeeper there can't be done!

You can sell to the butcher, doesn't accept pelts horse was out of range you can! I'd presume you can sell to a trapper if that's available.

Gunsmith prices for customising your guns is pretty stupid! Appearance customisations require Gold. F%^*FF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tried to sell items to a shopkeeper there can't be done!

You can sell to the butcher, doesn't accept pelts horse was out of range you can! I'd presume you can sell to a trapper if that's available.

Gunsmith prices for customising your guns is pretty stupid!

No sign of trapper, and butchers are so far apart it's stupid that not every town has one.

There's still fences.

Red dead redemption 1 online was better, there was actually things to do.

Hunting is stupid difficult you have to fire your gun first aiming shows animal info.

How do you even quit out of online?

Hunting is stupid difficult you have to fire your gun first aiming shows animal info.

You just need to aim and you don't need to fire, you also don't need to bring up the info if you know what gun to use already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

give your bank details to Rockstar then they'll release you

I like grindy stuff but I'm not sure of this model. Played Destiny for years and just bought a dance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Go to Story menu item and exit game. Took me a while to find it last night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You don't HAVE to buy anything. Seems pretty good so far, no disconnections or no lag.

Advertisement