Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Kenjataimu wrote: »

And here is that bug I encountered.

you should stick on 'Take on Me' by a-ha next time it happens. will make it 10 times better

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Absolute great craic tonight with Varik and Walshy (he on boards?). Just like GTA, this is better in numbers. Did a mission, few races and countered another posses mission before the game blue screened in me. The races are a great laugh and I didn't think I'd be doing them much.

The lads (myself, Walshy, Varik)
    467184.jpg

Varik took me on a lovely horse ride but things got awkward when my revolver kept sticking into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have had plenty of disconnections and some ****er killing me for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I have had plenty of disconnections and some ****er killing me for no reason.

Noticed the opposite, people might have the guns out just in case but a lot of randoms you meet don't start anything and be eyeing each other up but I've seen them ride on by more often than start something.

Seems to be far friendlier than GTA Online was. The fact that there so many people in blackwater for example and nothing happens most of the time is surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

If you manage to upgrade your gun in free roam, can you then use your leveled up gun in team deathmatchs and the like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

EPIC night with friends. The most fun I have had playing a game online since GTAV launched back in 2013. Didn't hit the hay until 2am. I can see myself playing a lot of this. And it was amazing how friendly all the randomers were, unless you were doing a mission and they were promoted to attack you. Great fun. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Varik wrote: »
    Noticed the opposite, people might have the guns out just in case but a lot of randoms you meet don't start anything and be eyeing each other up but I've seen them ride on by more often than start something.

Seems to be far friendlier than GTA Online was. The fact that there so many people in blackwater for example and nothing happens most of the time is surprising.

Well for the most part it was fine, but getting shot dead for no reason is really annoying. If this keeps happening I might have to change my approach towards other people.

That and disconnections made it a frustrating night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Yeah a lot of disconnecting for me today which is making frustrating...might leave on line a few days to see how it goes...
    Quick question how do I turn off the sound for other players...

harr wrote: »
    Yeah a lot of disconnecting for me today which is making frustrating...might leave on line a few days to see how it goes...
    Quick question how do I turn off the sound for other players...

Press Left on the d pad, click on Players, find the annoying **** you want to mute, click them and select the mute option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Passive mode has to come.

They need to improve the Tick rate for any physic effecting stuff.
    Passive mode has to come.

Personally hope they don't it, don't find the game that griefy right now but it'd be better if they lowered the player count per area it's too high right now.

Personally hope they don't it, don't find the game that griefy right now but it'd be better if they lowered the player count per area it's too high right now.

Great bit last night where 3 guys in another posse rode up to us and we were just all eyeing each other up before they went on their way. Tense moment but it was class.

Also, I like the crowded areas.... For now. Can see it being a problem when it goes the way for GTA online and free roam becomes a free for all massacre. I think people are trying to keep their honour in tact for now which of so, will be a good system for online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Great bit last night where 3 guys in another posse rode up to us and we were just all eyeing each other up before they went on their way. Tense moment but it was class.

Also, I like the crowded areas.... For now. Can see it being a problem when it goes the way for GTA online and free roam becomes a free for all massacre. I think people are trying to keep their honour in tact for now which of so, will be a good system for online.
    My first time playing any game on line...and I am finding myself not wanting to let my fellow players down and make a **** up of the mission:D
    I am finding the long rides between missions a drag as not much to see or do at the moment.
    Came across an area with a **** load of on line players all standing with guns out , everyone eyeballing each other sure enough shots fired and it was mayhem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well wait until someone follows you around shooting you everytime you spawn, see what you think then.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Psn - DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Did one Stranger mission where I had to steal a cart from someone. Some other player was waiting for me however. I managed to kill him a few times when he was chasing me, but I accidentally went off a cliff and crashed. I failed the mission of course.

Did another stranger mission where I had to deliver the post. Another player stole the second post bag before I could collect it. I tried to chase him down but accidentally went off a cliff again while trying to cut through the fields. To make matters worse my horse died on me.

On the happier note I won a horse race today. I feel like the reward for winning should be a bit higher though.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Riddle101 wrote: »
    On the happier note I won a horse race today. I feel like the reward for winning should be a bit higher though.

It's everyones biggest annoyance - the pay out is terrible and the prices for everything are sky high

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently colouring your starter pistol all black costs 12 gold bars.

Reasonable.

From what I can tell 1 gold bar is equal to $25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Haven't played yet, from the comments it seems they are making it unplayable without pumping real money into it, is this the case? Will you be at a big disadvantage if you refuse to put real money into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Just like GTA, you shouldn’t feel guilty for exploiting the glitches :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

From what I can tell 1 gold bar is equal to $25.

In game or real money?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The immersion levels in this game are unreal.

I did something last night which even shook me.

I was on a bounty for the Rhodes Sheriff.

Located my target who was residing on a piece of land which he intended to farm.

He was with his wife and young son when I arrived on the scene. He immediately threw his hands up and came voluntary. He requested to say goodbye to wife and son before I lassoed him. I denied his request.

Once I had stowed him on my horse 'Murder Inc' I turned around and faced the family, in a moment of sheer insanity I whipped out my volcanic pistol and put two into the head of the wife as the young boy scarppered. I immediately regretted my actions.

On the ride into Rhodes my Bounty called me a cold blooded killer, and who was I to disagree with him.

As we were approaching town I pulled up, took him off my horse and cut him free before riding away

I couldn't make that young boy an orphan.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Haven't played yet, from the comments it seems they are making it unplayable without pumping real money into it, is this the case? Will you be at a big disadvantage if you refuse to put real money into it?

Absolutely not....at the moment. The money thing is annoying but it's a great game.

In game or real money?

Oh in game, doubt even R* are that kind of greedy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Finding this more frustrating than fun the amount if times my horse gets stuck or runs out of stamina, vanishes on me. They need to remove the loosing pelts if you die when yiur online it's crashed on me about 10 tines already, law men one shot me and a mission I had that was solo I was asked to kill one guy he showed me a pic!; The area find him was massive and it was to get 5 guys spread in the huge area was really frustrating tracking them and then for the timer to run out.

Oh in game, doubt even R* are that kind of greedy :D

level plays a part too, if you look at 2 things that are the around the same price but differ in level required then the higher level costs more.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Absolutely not....at the moment. The money thing is annoying but it's a great game.

Don't think they've added it to the beta.

Right now it's a currency you earn at and can bypass some lvl restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm ok with grinding and all, but the game is really taking the p*ss. I hunted and killed a large Elk tonight. In the Single Player I would have gotten at least 4 Venison Beefs from it, but I only got 1 which is sad after going to all that work to hunt it. Money is an issue as well. As most of you have already talked about. It's been less of a week now since Red Dead online began so hopefully they will fix it so that it's more comparable to the Single Player at least.

Also hope they add Gambling to Online as well. Hoping i'll get to play some poker, blackjack and dominoes with other players.

Advertisement