Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Roger won't be happy. Delighted.

Sorry...did I miss myself offending u ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Benie Des Dieux wins the Mares. I’ll be having a good bet on her whenever Mullins or Ricci tells us she’s ok or if she’ll run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Benie Des Dieux wins the Mares. I’ll be having a good bet on her whenever Mullins or Ricci tells us she’s ok or if she’ll run

I was only looking at this, has the beating of apples from last year, due to run a Gowran park I read somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Will Willie get a run into Laurina before the Champion Hurdle? Ricci said he hopes to get a run into Saldier at the Red Mills in 2 weeks.

Goes punchestown this month then CH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sorry...did I miss myself offending u ?

Delighted as in great to see more depth added to the race now. Could end up being the highlight of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Anyone reckon Sharjah could be a dark horse for the Champion Hurdle. Hasn't done a whole lot wrong and seems an honest yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anyone reckon Sharjah could be a dark horse for the Champion Hurdle. Hasn't done a whole lot wrong and seems an honest yoke.

Would be my luck alright after backing him in last years Supreme Novices.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Too many sensitive lads on this forum. It's all just a laugh.

Anyway, I was having a look at the Gold Cup market there and it makes for interesting reading. Presenting Percy has a massive chance. Bellshill has a decent chance. Native River, Might Bite, and Al Boum Photo have small chances. Invitation Only has next to no chance. The rest have absolutely no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Too many sensitive lads on this forum. It's all just a laugh.

Anyway, I was having a look at the Gold Cup market there and it makes for interesting reading. Presenting Percy has a massive chance. Bellshill has a decent chance. Native River, Might Bite, and Al Boum Photo have small chances. Invitation Only has next to no chance. The rest have absolutely no chance.

Is that not generally how the top of most markets appear? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bellshill has a decent chance but no mention of R2R?

• Advertisement

Bellshill has a decent chance but no mention of R2R?

R2R has absolutely no chance. Jumps like a young lad getting a bating off his father. Bellshill will lap him in the Gold Cup.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is that not generally how the top of most markets appear? 😂

Yeah I've worded that really badly ffs. Haha.

I have been putting up Bellshill on here for the GC for ages now. The trip will suit, the ground is not as a big a factor for him as it is for NR/MB and others. Top jock on board. My idea of front 3 is Percy Bellshill and thistlecrack

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

Is ground or injury the reason for Benie absence to date?

Limini another for the mares. I thought she put the Christmas run well behind her last day.

Any bookies NRNB for the mares?

Can't see past Percy myself. Hacked up in the RSA and the form getting franked left, right and centre. Native River will want it up to his knees again. Might Bite looks like he's had enough. Al Boum Photo I think is a horse on the up, his Tramore win was very good. Bellshill's Irish Nash was some performance. The rest have zero chance.

Do people expect to see Min in the 2mile and FP and UDS in the longer?

Do people expect to see Min in the 2mile and FP and UDS in the longer?

Footpad will run in the Champion Chase and he is a serious bet.

Footpad will run in the Champion Chase and he is a serious bet.

I love footpad Wickla but how could anyone think he could give Altior a scare on any known form??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I love footpad Wickla but how could anyone think he could give Altior a scare on any known form??

Based on that logic, noone should turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Percy looks very solid.
    2/2 at the festival and the form of his RSA is standing up well. Will also definitely get the trip having previously won over 3m4f. Would have preferred to see him run more, but trainer knows what he's doing and he gave him a similar prep last year.
    I wouldn't be a fan of Bellshill. His previous runs at the festival have been disappointing, with a well beaten third the best he's managed. Maybe the trip will bring out the best in him, but he's not for me. Wouldn't say he's no chance... :P, but would rather side with Invitation Only for those connections ahead of Al Boum Photo.
    Think Native River will place but won't win. The Gold Cup is a brute of a race and usually doesn't go to a previous runner/winner (I said usually, before people start quoting Kauto Star or Native River himself). Can't have Might Bite. Horse looks to have fallen out of love with the game, which is a pity given the superstar he looked over the last couple of seasons. Road to Respect wasn't good enough last year. Don't see why that will have changed. Elegant Escape couldn't keep up with Frodon on easier ground than he'll get here, so he's little chance of laying up in a Gold Cup. He's also well held by Percy on last year's form, but may stay on past beaten horses for a place. Clan Des Obeaux is another one I don't like. Could be another Silviniaco Conti. Doubt he'll place. Didn't fancy Thistlecrack two years ago and definitely don't want him now. Far too many question marks, aside from the fact that he's 11 and spent a season on the sidelines. Sizing John ticks a few of the wrong boxes too and is also ruled out fairly confidently. Presenting Percy, Elegant Escape, Native River the 1-2-3 for me.

• Advertisement

He's a serious each way bet. Have to take on Altior as futile as it will probably be. Footpad's Arkle was a serious performance. My initial reaction was the race fell into his lap but think that's overplayed. Still won so easily despite that bad mistake aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Sky bet offering 12/1 Apples Jade (CH) / Sir Eric (TH) today only. Might interest some....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

maximo31 wrote: »
    Sky bet offering 12/1 Apples Jade (CH) / Sir Eric (TH) today only. Might interest some....

Probably 10 Euro max lol

Cant have Bellshill. Surely a potential Gold Cup winner would of won the Irish National carrying 11-05 on his back. Our Duke pissed it the year before carrying 1lb less.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Couldn't have Bellshill myself. Actually thought Road to Respect should have won. Ruby outrode Flanagan. I like Flanagan but that's two poor rides he's given RTR.

Is Kilultagh Vic value at 33s, taking the Galmoy form literally it could look big!

Still cant get me head around how on earth Clan Des Obeaux is 8/1. Thats ****ing mental. He will love the 3m2f around Cheltenham. Probably my NAP of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slattsy wrote: »
    Couldn't have Bellshill myself. Actually thought Road to Respect should have won. Ruby outrode Flanagan. I like Flanagan but that's two poor rides he's given RTR.

Is Kilultagh Vic value at 33s, taking the Galmoy form literally it could look big!

He’s fragile but wherever KV runs I’m backing him. Wouldn’t be at all surprised at a WH attempt for him or Bapaume

I was at the finish line last year and was a little disappointed to see so many finishing so close in the supreme. I stated that here at the time. Generally indicates no superstars in that division. I’m not sure last years supreme will hold up for much. Most this season have had frailties exposed. Which brings us to Sharjah. He was back in the ruck on that bad ground in March. He might well get decent ground Day 1, even with some watering he handled ballybritt last summer just fine on soft. The big concern is just that, he’s on the go since August, that’s a really long season. Impossible to peak again in March so that’s why I’d be against him, I can see him hitting 4th or 5th if the current ones stand their ground.

With Sir Erek looking like the JOB triumph entry, surely he will put Felix doudairies into the supreme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Close 2nd in the Triumph having not run for 3 months, then won the mares hurdle beating G1 winner Vroum Vroum Mag. Hardly poor performances.
    Last year wasn't good, but two good runs v one bad doesn't really support your argument.

Poor relative to her runs outside of cheltenham. Take the triumph hurdle run versus the race at Aintree straight afterwards for example. Chalk and cheese

Advertisement