Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

13/2 today
    ah feck it will throw on a score
    he will shorten

HON DA THISTLECRACK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Took 7s last night.

Am I the only one that cant have Waiting Patiently??
    And I doubt Presenting Percy runs, Might Bite needs to bounce back..... pity I missed some of the bigger prices but he'll go off 4 or 5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Slattsy wrote: »
    Took 7s last night.

Am I the only one that cant have Waiting Patiently??
    And I doubt Presenting Percy runs, Might Bite needs to bounce back..... pity I missed some of the bigger prices but he'll go off 4 or 5s.

I think the race could well cut up badly. He just strikes me as the most likely winner on decent ground if Myte Byte isnt up to scratch.

if might bite runs his race he wont be beaten
    will possibly treble MB with FP and AJ also but Thistlecrack is coming into this in rare form

WP has obvious claims but first run and all that....

PP wont run this race, not even in the betting for it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Someone set up a KG thread and stop being lazy fookers.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Someone set up a KG thread and stop being lazy fookers.

no better man slattsy................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Thistlecrack looks short. Jumped poorly the last day, has had his issues and hasnt won a race in 2 years.
    I adored him as a hurdler and he looked very good early in his chase career but hes not that horse anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Thistlecrack looks short. Jumped poorly the last day, has had his issues and hasnt won a race in 2 years.
    I adored him as a hurdler and he looked very good early in his chase career but hes not that horse anymore.

Agreed. I'm almost being convinced because of the hype in here but I'm gonna refrian because I think deep down that he's just not up to it. This should be a much stronger race than last year if NR, WP or Politologue go. In hindsight last year's was a weak race.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

cant have thistlecrack either. Loved him couple years ago but they never really come back from those injuries. he jumped terribly the last day and seemed to struggle most the race but finished like a train. can see him bouncing. waiting patiently for me. hes only won on ground with soft in description though so if that goes against him i think politilogue is the solid bet to run his race.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thistlecrack has a bit of Tidal Bay about him these days. Runs in snatches but absolutely steams home. Cant see him winning the KG meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Thistlecrack has a bit of Tidal Bay about him these days. Runs in snatches but absolutely steams home. Cant see him winning the KG meself.

totally disagree. It was literally 1 run. He tanked through the race was his jumping that let him down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

If the 11 that are still in run, it'll be one of the best NH races in years.. Cant wait.

Although i was very strong on Thistlecrack after the betfair at a big price, i'm not sure he is value now if all these turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Was very impressed with Le Richeberg today so took a slice of 12s ew for the Arkle. I like Kalashnikov but dont think the form of tgis years Supreme is anything special

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Had a serious barney with Amy Murphy about Kalashnikov last April.He cannot win the Arkel based on his hurdles form and if I owned him he would not be with her based on her warped assumptions of his speed over 2 m.Leopardstown was seriously underwhelming but plenty of decent horses yet to run I assume and remember MALONE ROAD a banker of bankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

antietam wrote: »
    Had a serious barney with Amy Murphy about Kalashnikov last April.He cannot win the Arkel based on his hurdles form and if I owned him he would not be with her based on her warped assumptions of his speed over 2 m.Leopardstown was seriously underwhelming but plenty of decent horses yet to run I assume and remember MALONE ROAD a banker of bankers.

Malone Road has a knee injury and is unlikely to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Would agree the supreme was poor, they finished in a heap.

Think your getting carried away with Malone, he’s injured, 6/1 ap rules, if you’re on at a big price when you put him up here well done but banging the drum now is a little pointless given the price, especially as he might not run so you’d do your dough at 6/1. Better bets out there

madmoose wrote: »
    Love Santini but the market antepost is pathetic at that price. Plus we haven’t seen many for the RSA like Next Dest and Black Op.
    He looks ordinary and by Milan?

madmoose wrote: »
    Malone Road has a knee injury and is unlikely to make it.
    NO,he has not BOOKIES ACTING THE WANKER.Elliott first I have heard of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

https://www.racingpost.com/news/favourite-malone-road-a-major-doubt-for-champion-bumper-due-to-knee-injury/356215

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

The rest of us knew about it about a month ago.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    The horse is perfect "done no work" according to trainer huge bull **** by layers,OMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

So which Cheltenham race will Champ be aimed at?

maximo31 wrote: »
    So which Cheltenham race will Champ be aimed at?

Read he’ll be kept at 2.5 miles for now so you’d presume the Ballymore

EICVD wrote: »
    The rest of us knew about it about a month ago.

ok you are watched,baby.

Are the visits since April by BHA [in Ireland]making a difference on drugs?just asking .

ok you are watched,baby.

Good to know hun

In what looks an appalling Gold Cup I have to start backing The Storyteller at 25s every week now until the festival. I think he has an absolute massive chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

In what looks an appalling Gold Cup I have to start backing The Storyteller at 25s every week now until the festival. I think he has an absolute massive chance.

He would be doing extremely well to place in the top 8 in the race on what he has achieved and what is likely to turn up.
    Native river,clan des obeaux, thistlecrack, road to respect, kemboy,presenting Percy,bellshill, definetly red all better horses than the storyteller

He would be doing extremely well to place in the top 8 in the race on what he has achieved and what is likely to turn up.
    Native river,clan des obeaux, thistlecrack, road to respect, kemboy,presenting Percy,bellshill, definetly red all better horses than the storyteller

Over the Gold Cup distance he will improve again. Its only his first season out of novice company and I thought Davy went easy on him the other day until the last 200 yards or so when he was beaten, I found it a strange ride. Hes a dour stayer and the Gold Cup will be ideal for him. Won at the festival last year as well thats a massive plus.

• Advertisement

You on the sauce Gringo.....??!!

1. Percy
    2. Bellshill
    3. Thistlecrack

Advertisement