Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

You on the sauce Gringo.....??!!

1. Percy
    2. Bellshill
    3. Thistlecrack

Bellshill only beat The Storyteller about the same length as Linford Christies flute on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gringo180 wrote: »
    In what looks an appalling Gold Cup I have to start backing The Storyteller at 25s every week now until the festival. I think he has an absolute massive chance.

They'll stick him back over hurdles for Cheltenham, I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Slattsy wrote:
    They'll stick him back over hurdles for Cheltenham, I'd have thought.

Something like the Coral Cup would raise a few eyebrows slattsy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Something like the Coral Cup would raise a few eyebrows slattsy

My eyebrows have been raised for a little while now!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Im sure the english hcapper will have old gordy by the short and curlies this march esp the hurdle races

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Willoughby Court @50/1 would be my pick for the Gold Cup if he runs this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

In what looks an appalling Gold Cup I have to start backing The Storyteller at 25s every week now until the festival. I think he has an absolute massive chance.

But The Storyteller isn't entered in the gold cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Entries not out yet Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Willoughby Court @50/1 would be my pick for the Gold Cup if he runs this season.

I’d hold off any ante post bets yet, the Rooney’s apparently sent letters to their trainers informing them not to run any of their horses at Cheltenham for the foreseeable future. Now you’d like to think it’d be resolved come March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

But The Storyteller isn't entered in the gold cup?

Those Cheltenham entries on the racing post website/app are all possible entries, Samcro must be ‘entered’ in about 10 races!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

BumperD wrote: »
    Entries not out yet Dan

I meant that he's not even listed on the PP entries for the GC.

Humm you can ask them for a price. Wouldn’t touch him myself but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

EICVD wrote: »
    I’d hold off any ante post bets yet, the Rooney’s apparently sent letters to their trainers informing them not to run any of their horses at Cheltenham for the foreseeable future. Now you’d like to think it’d be resolved come March.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Over the Gold Cup distance he will improve again. Its only his first season out of novice company and I thought Davy went easy on him the other day until the last 200 yards or so when he was beaten, I found it a strange ride. Hes a dour stayer and the Gold Cup will be ideal for him. Won at the festival last year as well thats a massive plus.

100% agree. Had Storyteller backed for Lexus myself. Ran a race where there was still loads of improvement left in him, don’t think Davy was too hard on him and brought him 6 wide when there wasn’t really much need to.

I think he will improve again & we are not looking at top quality Gold Cup horses (in comparison to previous)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

EICVD wrote: »

Rooneys to stop having runners at Cheltenham due to injury concern

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/rooneys-to-stop-having-runners-at-cheltenham-due-to-injury-fears/359521

Hes 25s with Bet365. Im advising anyone who wants extra cash the friday evening of Cheltenham to get stuck into him.

Hes 25s with Bet365. Im advising anyone who wants extra cash the friday evening of Cheltenham to get stuck into him.

Unless he puts up a top top performance between now and then you'll get at least 25s the week of..

It's not a weak GC though as things stand. He'll need to run to a mark of 170 min to win imo.
    All things considered, current mark of 158 flatters him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Chris’s dream form has been boosted over the last week with the 2nd and 3rd from his chase debut winning next time.gun digger and shady operator,very interesting for rsa @ 20/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Beveur Dair 5/4
    Won't be for long. Only Laurina can compete and who knows where she runs sure!

Odds against doubled with Envoi allen in the bumper soon as PP go NRNB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Beveur Dair 5/4
    Won't be for long. Only Laurina can compete and who knows where she runs sure!

Odds against doubled with Envoi allen in the bumper soon as PP go NRNB

Unless your s big gambler you'll easily get a bet on beauvor at evens on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Gringo please tell me you're pulling the piss backing that yoke at 25s

130 on bf and 220 to lay

Gringo please tell me you're pulling the piss backing that yoke at 25s

130 on bf and 220 to lay

NRNB with Bet365 and BOG.

PP now NRNB on the championship races

Percy 4/1 for The Gold Cup is a disgusting price

PP now NRNB on the championship races

Percy 4/1 for The Gold Cup is a disgusting price

Won a Pertemps then an an RSA on the snaff, connections being patient, Native River only had the one prep run in 18.
    Far from a disgusting price and will be shorter on the day.

Fairly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Won a Pertemps then an an RSA on the snaff, connections being patient, Native River only had the one prep run in 18.
    Far from a disgusting price and will be shorter on the day.

Fairly priced.

Least River had a season inside open company though before winning the GC in his next season. It’s a bad price at this stage.

its a disgusting price
    4/1
    he has never beaten any of them!!
    Not even run yet this year and its January

How could u back it at 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

its a disgusting price
    4/1

But sure if its a disgusting price then just don't back it. Native river wins anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

its a disgusting price
    4/1

Wouldn't say disgusting but definitely too short to back (for any sane person).

Advertisement