Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

aidankkk wrote: »
    But sure if its a disgusting price then just don't back it. Native river wins anyway.

Say it ain't so Aidan..........!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Say it ain't so Aidan..........!

Actually not sure, but who is. Backing any favs at this time of the year is madness, 90% of the time they will be at least the same on the day. There is no chance Percy goes of shorter than 4/1

HE IS NOW 3/1 IN BOYLES!!
    And its not even NRNB..

DISGUSTING!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

aidankkk wrote: »
    Actually not sure, but who is. Backing any favs at this time of the year is madness, 90% of the time they will be at least the same on the day. There is no chance Percy goes of shorter than 4/1

If he wins next time out by a distance or a whisker, I just can't see how 4/1 would be available on the day.
    I'm not one to get involved at those prices so early, or at all, but the money will come for Percy in a big way and could see him go off 5/2 or similar.

Rogers point that he has beaten none of the contenders is very valid to be fair, but may be overlooked by backers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

If you backing him do it with 365 he is 4/1 nrnb and best odds guaranteed

• Advertisement

Might do Laurina before the weekend
    currently 5/1 Champion Hurdle
    I always like to do one very early bet just to get the juices flowing as much as anything else
    now that PP are NRNB the big races ( 4 champ races plus Ryanair) I am looking for something work backing

I was sweet on BD but the more I think about it the less inclined I am towards it

Laurina at 5's BOG NRNB might get the early tenner and leave it then till we have more of an idea re ground

Might do Laurina before the weekend
    currently 5/1 Champion Hurdle
    I always like to do one very early bet just to get the juices flowing as much as anything else
    now that PP are NRNB the big races ( 4 champ races plus Ryanair) I am looking for something work backing

I was sweet on BD but the more I think about it the less inclined I am towards it

Laurina at 5's BOG NRNB might get the early tenner and leave it then till we have more of an idea re ground

I don't really understand how someone who see's Percy's price as disgusting see's Laurina's price as attractive:pac:

I don't really understand how someone who see's Percy's price as disgusting see's Laurina's price as attractive:pac:

Way more realistic contenders in the GC than the CH

Surely anyone can see that!!!!!!!!!

Way more realistic contenders in the GC than the CH

Surely anyone can see that!!!!!!!!!

Anyone can see that backing Laurina now at 5/1 is madness. Its just not worth it. The only horses worth backing this early are at big prices and i mean over 25/1 for small stakes. That said Apples Jade at 8/1 NRNB is a miles better bet because if she turns up she will certainly go off shorter than that, and if she gets beat in Feb over 2 miles she wont run and its money back.

Laurina needs to improve more than a stone to get near her (not that its impossible just unlikely)

yerra Aidan I jusy like to get a small bet on at this time of the year to get the ol "cheltenham buzz" going!
    If i could get a nrnb price on jezki in the county hurdle i might take that :)

• Advertisement

An example of a good antepost bet would be Thistlecrack for the stayers. If he were to go here he goes of 5/2 or shorter, and he is available at 10/1 nrnb. I know its unlikely he goes but that is the wrong price. Plus if he goes he just wins. Its tying money up but its not like you wont use the returned bet at that time of th year.

I'd say thistlecrack is a near cert to run in the GC and I wouldnt put anyone off backing him either! Ran a stormer the last day
    But that said...i see your point too of course

Anyone else having touble with the PP app today. you go to cheltenham prices and the links not working

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I dont get the hype about Laurina.She won one of the worse ever races in Cheltenham history and is 5/1 to win the champion hurdle, madness!!

Laurina backed as of today. 4/1 nrnb. It begins for ol Roger 😅😅😅

Laurina backed as of today. 4/1 nrnb. It begins for ol Roger ������

3s after she beats that lot in Sandown......

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

What's the story with next destination for the rsa.
    A lot of firms have no price up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

What's the story with next destination for the rsa. A lot of firms have no price up for him.

Out for the rest of the season

Defil de seuil 10/1 for arkle. On last 2 runs has to have a huge shout. Distance ideal. Le Richbourg also interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Defil de seuil 10/1 for arkle. On last 2 runs has to have a huge shout. Distance ideal. Le Richbourg also interesting

They will surely split those and Le Rich looked good over 2miles at Xmas.

Monalee boosted to 14/1 Ryanair with William Hill is good, hope he runs over that trip.

RJ confirmed today Waiting Patiently being aimed at the Ryanair this year. If UDS serves it up to Altior again this weekend and Min goes this route too, add Monalee into the mix, Balko and maybe Footpad/Bellshill. ...could be some renewal !

• Advertisement

What bookies are going nrnb for the arkle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The Mig wrote: »

I think they are only the 5 main races.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Apologies they are!

What bookies are going nrnb for the arkle.

skybet

I see skybet are nrnb on all races, anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

I see skybet are nrnb on all races, anyone else.

Oddschecker has a column showing whether it's NRNB on their AP section.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bet365 website so annoying. When on the antepost market and ye click out of it youve to scroll all the way back thru all the horse meetings, poxy it is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Bet365 website so annoying. When on the antepost market and ye click out of it youve to scroll all the way back thru all the horse meetings, poxy it is :pac:

If you use your phone you can enter the horses name in the new search function and it brings up all it's race entries and prices which I think is fairly handy. You can click directly into the race also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

ASOT wrote: »
    If you use your phone you can enter the horses name in the new search function and it brings up all it's race entries and prices which I think is fairly handy. You can click directly into the race also.

Nice 1 for that.

Advertisement