Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refugee campaigner targetted with fake ad

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

the government decides who can and can't come into the country and not the individual.

The country is our home so we have no obligation to take in strangers....you said it. The government is us.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

The people who put that fake ad up are just scumbags really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The country is our home so we have no obligation to take in strangers....you said it. The government is us.

i didn't no . i said an individual has no obligation to take a stranger into their home. i didn't mention the country in that context, therefore what you claim i said isn't correct.
    by all means a country technically has no obligation to take in someone either (i'm now saying that, your original claim of what i said remains incorrect however) . in saying that, we have signed up to all sorts of international obligations so we do have a moral obligation to take in people in genuine need.
    the government is the politicians, we only elect them, it is they who ultimately make the decisians.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

He does have a point unfortunately. The government that we elected are selling us down the river.

Unfortunately every mainstream political party sings from the same hynm sheet. A proper alternative is badly needed.

He does have a point unfortunately. The government that we elected are selling us down the river.

Unfortunately every mainstream political party sings from the same hynm sheet. A proper alternative is badly needed.

You're not going to get an alternative I'd say. If there were gains to be made from anti emigration policies FG and FF would be all over it.

• Advertisement

i didn't no . i said an individual has no obligation to take a stranger into their home. i didn't mention the country in that context, therefore what you claim i said isn't correct.
    by all means a country technically has no obligation to take in someone either.

Knew I was right. :D

Moghead wrote: »
    You're not going to get an alternative I'd say. If there were gains to be made from anti emigration policies FG and FF would be all over it.

There's a sizeable minority of people not brainwashed by this Liberal crap and don't have an alternative.

The mainstream political parties and media are complicit in demographics replacement. And most people can't see through it.

I'm not defending the guys who made the ad. But she's the one looking for these people to come here. Why won't she take a few in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I look forward to seeing you provide it ..or will someone else have to do it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Moghead wrote: »
    The people who put that fake ad up are just scumbags really.

Mischievous at worst.

I look forward to seeing you provide it ..or will someone else have to do it for you?

There are already a few there but our sh1tlib media would never let it get off the ground.

'oh yeah why don't you do it so'

It's like being in primary school all over again.

• Advertisement

Should be more of this type of thing. Send ‘homeless’ families to Richard Boyd Barrett’s place. He was on Pat Kenny the other day talking about a homeless ‘single’ mother with 4 kids in his constituency with nowhere to go. He should take her in for Christmas instead of appealing on the radio for a free house for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Classy stuff. The far right in this country will no doubt make serious inroads with intimidation tactics like this.

Dua5guYW0AAB2S-.jpg

Dua5hOcXQAIvCDR.jpg

Dua5iH7WwAE-2MF.jpg

Dua5in3WkAAYbgu.jpg

This is the same guy that sent all the above stuff to Fiona O'Leary. A real high calibre individual, typical of the high calibre individuals that make up the far right everywhere.

Man seeks ‘companion/wife’ for year on deserted island

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/man-seeks-companionwife-for-year-on-deserted-island-244194.html

DONEGAL CASTAWAY MAN IS EXPOSED AS PROSTITUTE ORGANISER

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2014/07/06/donegal-castaway-man-is-exposed-as-prostitute-organiser/

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Mischievous at worst.

Nah they're scumbags

Should be more of this type of thing....

No there shouldn't be.

There's a sizeable minority of people not brainwashed by this Liberal crap and don't have an alternative.

The mainstream political parties and media are complicit in demographics replacement. And most people can't see through it.

I'm not defending the guys who made the ad. But she's the one looking for these people to come here. Why won't she take a few in?

But there isn't a big enough minority to get into government and effect change. And if there was, FF and FG would be all over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

This is always the argument made and I'm afraid it's got a rather large logic hole.
    I am pretty certain that as a normal, right thinking person you are in favour of health care.
    If you are so in favour of health care, why don't you lead by example and take in some of them sick people and make them better?
    Exactly the same argument.

As for the people who say "I don't want any of them brown people in my country, well, you just have to elect a brain-dead, far-right, knuckledragging government like in Hungary and they'll shut down the borders.

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Classy stuff. The far right in this country will no doubt make serious inroads with intimidation tactics like this.

Dua5guYW0AAB2S-.jpg

Dua5hOcXQAIvCDR.jpg

Dua5iH7WwAE-2MF.jpg

Dua5in3WkAAYbgu.jpg

This is the same guy that sent all the above stuff to Fiona O'Leary. A real high calibre individual, typical of the high calibre individuals that make up the far right everywhere.

Man seeks ‘companion/wife’ for year on deserted island

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/man-seeks-companionwife-for-year-on-deserted-island-244194.html

DONEGAL CASTAWAY MAN IS EXPOSED AS PROSTITUTE ORGANISER

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2014/07/06/donegal-castaway-man-is-exposed-as-prostitute-organiser/

Seems just crazy to me. Where is your proof that this is the same individual. He shares the same second name is that your proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It's not the same argument tbh. Giving someone a bed is vastly different from providing medical care in a private home.

Seems just crazy to me. Where is your proof that this is the same individual. He shares the same second name is that your proof?
    It's the same guy.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?433306-McManus-Watches-they-re-back!

He's also known as "The Sperminator". Seriously.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2013/09/26/revealed-man-who-wants-woman-to-live-with-him-on-donegal-island-offered-to-get-women-pregnant-for-e20/

Fiona O'Leary has helpfully screenshotted the comments that were written on a YouTube video of a Cork 96FM interview she did. The video was uploaded by a far-right YouTube channel and the comments underneath it are pretty much all by far-right scum posting up sick personal abuse and intimidation.

https://fionaolearyblog.wordpress.com/2018/12/15/racists-show-their-true-colours/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭MFPM

Just seen this video this morning, Fiona O'Leary a well known refugee campaigner from Cork was the victim of online trolls who published a fake ad inviting refugees and travellers to stay at her home over christmas.

This woman was spreading fake news during the week accusing Matteo Salvini of being at a protest in Dublin, she fell for a rather crude photo shop of someone holding a lega nord flag at the protest outside the Dail.

While there is no doubt this woman is an idiot, shes an idiot with kids two of which have special needs. She is not fair game for this type of stuff.

Typical of many on the anti migration side.
    While there is no doubt this woman is an idiot,

Do tell how you arrived at this conclusion?

• Advertisement

This is always the argument made and I'm afraid it's got a rather large logic hole.
    I am pretty certain that as a normal, right thinking person you are in favour of health care.
    If you are so in favour of health care, why don't you lead by example and take in some of them sick people and make them better?

As for the people who say "I don't want any of them brown people in my country, well, you just have to elect a brain-dead, far-right, knuckledragging government like in Hungary and they'll shut down the borders.

No it isn't.

"in favour of healthcare". Jesus. What does that even mean? Is that what they teach people in Lefty school these days? Are you suggesting that I go away and start doing kidney transplants in my shed?

The far-right regularly invoke fake concern for homeless people as a fake reason why they are against immigration.

Viktor Orban is the poster boy of the far right.

He has just banned rough sleeping and rough sleepers face imprisonment under this new law.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/hungary-homeless-ban-viktor-orban-rough-sleeping-street-a8584401.html

The far right don't give a **** about homelessness. They never have and they never will.

The far right are the last people who'd help the homeless or do anything about our housing crisis.

The far right have always been about picking on the weakest in society.

How many anti-immigrant posters here have ever taken in a rough sleeper or a homeless person?

I stringly suspect the answer is a big, fat, roundy number.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

MFPM wrote: »

Did you see the photoshop of matteo salvini this one fell for? as i said idiot.

MFPM wrote: »

That poster called O'Leary an "idiot" because:
    i) O'Leary is a woman
    ii) she clearly has compassion for others, and
    iii) takes on far right propagandists and disinformation spreaders.

The far right hate all three of these things.

Somebody who embodies all three, is exactly the type of person that gives the far right palpitations, which is why they have engaged in a vicious bullying and intimidation campaign against her.

The likes of the vicious boor Ben Gilroy (sorry, Ben of the family Gilroy) of the bat**** crazy "Freeman On The Land" group have been heavily involved in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Knew I was right.

you weren't. you claimed i had said it when i hadn't when you claimed it, ergo you were wrong.

because it's not her job. we already have a system to house refugees and asylum seekers.
    There are already a few there but our sh1tlib media would never let it get off the ground.

'oh yeah why don't you do it so'

It's like being in primary school all over again.

the "sh1tlib media" can't stop something from ultimately getting off the ground, they don't have the power to not let something get off the ground. the reason the type of political party you would like won't get off the ground is the majority don't agree with such a political party.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

you weren't. you claimed i had said it when i hadn't when you claimed it, ergo you were wrong.

because it's not her job. we already have a system to house refugees and asylum seekers.

the "sh1tlib media" can't stop something from ultimately getting off the ground, they don't have the power to not let something get off the ground. the reason the type of political party you would like won't get off the ground is the majority don't agree with such a political party.

That was a joke sure I cut your quote short aswell. It’s gone straight over your head

It's the same guy.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?433306-McManus-Watches-they-re-back!

He's also known as "The Sperminator". Seriously.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2013/09/26/revealed-man-who-wants-woman-to-live-with-him-on-donegal-island-offered-to-get-women-pregnant-for-e20/

Fiona O'Leary has helpfully screenshotted the comments that were written on a YouTube video of a Cork 96FM interview she did. The video was uploaded by a far-right YouTube channel and the comments underneath it are pretty much all by far-right scum posting up sick personal abuse and intimidation.

https://fionaolearyblog.wordpress.com/2018/12/15/racists-show-their-true-colours/

So must be a head case if he has set up a business and then is posting like that using the business name. I would say untypical of what you call the far right aka anyone who doesn’t agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭MFPM

Did you see the photoshop of matteo salvini this one fell for? as i said idiot.

'Idiot' 'this one' - you're a charmer, aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

That poster called O'Leary an "idiot" because:
    i) O'Leary is a woman
    ii) she clearly has compassion for others, and
    iii) takes on far right propagandists and disinformation spreaders.

The far right hate all three of these things.

Somebody who embodies all three, is exactly the type of person that gives the far right palpitations, which is why they have engaged in a vicious bullying and intimidation campaign against her.

The likes of the vicious boor Ben Gilroy (sorry, Ben of the family Gilroy) of the bat**** crazy "Freeman On The Land" group have been heavily involved in this.

Im not far right, nor do i have a problem with people showing compassion for others or with women in general.

The women is an idiot for reasons i explained already.

• Advertisement

So must be a head case if he has set up a business and then is posting like that using the business name. I would say untypical of what you call the far right aka anyone who doesn’t agree with you.

Given that he's posting vicious personal abuse against a woman and appears to have an extremely dangerous, neanderthal attitude towards women in general, I'd say he's very typical of the far right.

I call the far right such because that's exactly what they are. A danger to society is another way of describing them.

The far right could not exist without vicious personal abuse and intimidation, and they love nothing more than to pick on women.

Vicious personal abuse and intimidation with a clear implication of physical threats to a person's safety is an intrinsic, essential part of what what the far right are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement