Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland is now only 82% Native Irish.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

recedite wrote: »
    That's an interesting question, and while it seems difficult or impossible to answer, it is in fact quite simple to answer.
    The answer is No, not after it happens. And before it happens, they are mostly oblivious to it.

After it gets to that level, the people redefine themselves as "a nation of immigrants" and "the majority" are quite happy then with that situation.
    You can see this effect working in London and some of the other cities of the UK. They have a very different attitude to issues such as Brexit when compared with some other parts of England that are still inhabited by "native" English people.

Immigrants like immigrants is what you are saying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

vladmydad wrote: »
    Anyone notice the large plant boxes blocking vehicle access to busy pedestrian streets in Dublin this weekend ?
    Just another example of the new reality of all this cultural enrichment.

Go on. There is one word you are dying to use throughout this thread...just say it and get it out in the open. We all know what you have been referring to all along. There is no need to hide it.

Wow man, you’re cranky this morning.
    Anyway they are lovely plant boxes and surprisingly sturdy, I bet they could even stop a madman in a truck but that would never happen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

stimpson wrote: »
    It’s the Chinese he’s after, not the Greeks.

We can't get rid of them. Who would make the Chinese food we love to take away?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Most of the people making these decisions and lauding immigration actually live in wealthy areas with zero ethnic diversity and send their children to gaeilscoileanna or private schools where there are no foreign children at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Deub

Den14 wrote: »
    It's the potential 'ghettos' that may establish in areas that could be a concern.
    Integration is so important.
    And the following video demonstrates when this doesn't happen. There is a recently made video where a female journalist attempts to walk around a suburb of paris... A good eye opener

https://youtu.be/RlNCVQGFrMU

You should share some background when posting videos. When France needed labour they allowed people to emigrate in big numbers. The big issue is that instead of integrating them, they build big blocks of flats and put everyone there. How could they integrate when they were "parked".
    I don't see the Irish state building complex only for immigrants.

• Advertisement

Most of the people making these decisions and lauding immigration actually live in wealthy areas with zero ethnic diversity and send their children to gaeilscoileanna where there are no foreign children at all.
    Same in Washington DC. The pro diversity elites live in gated homogeneous community’s and suffer little of the problems of mass immigration.

Anyway they are lovely plant boxes and surprisingly sturdy, I bet they could even stop a madman in a truck but that would never happen in Ireland.

I'm just dancing the dance that you are leading. You make the understanding of it so easy. Usually when I see interpretative dancing I don't have a clue what's going on, so thank you for making it so clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Without the racist, xenophobic accusations and all that crap, does anyone have any concerns about just how rapidly the Irish people are decreasing in Ireland ?
    It’s a very recent phenomenon and given that immigration into Ireland is ever increasing and that the birth rates of the “new” Irish are dramatically higher than natives. It is inevitable that 82% will soon be 70% , 55%, 40% etc.

There is no debate in Irish media or politics about this and we have never voted on the issue. In fact it’s actually taboo. What are your thoughts?

Regarding birth rates, it's been observed that while migrants often have higher birthrates than natives, this tends to level off with the second and third generations, so decline in native population percentage will not be anywhere near as rapid as you may think.

I'm just dancing the dance with you that you are leading. You make the understanding of it so easy. Usually when I see interpretative dancing I don't have a clue what's going on, so thank you for making it so clear.

I’m here to help. Have you done your Christmas shopping yet ? Ehh actually you might want to avoid any Christmas markets, they’ve become surprisingly dangerous...... but that has nothing to do with cultural enrichment,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Do you have any actual proof that's the purpose they serve? Do you read a lot of Infowars?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

It could. But historically we didn’t need to import terrorists, we kept that in house.

So what’s your point?

batgoat wrote: »
    Do you have any actual proof that's the purpose they serve? Do you read a lot of Infowars?

I notice that they slow down the delivery drivers to the shops. It was an excellent idea as some of them drive like lunatics even when there are many people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Plenty of those immigrants are white and when they have children here those children will grow up to be considered 'native irish' , just shows how ridiculous and trivial the whole thing is really, nobody is native because how far back do you back in a family tree to determine this? All we can do is try to just bring in immigrants we think will improve the country and make sure they assimilate to the culture of the people who already live here

I’m here to help. Have you done your Christmas shopping yet ? Ehh actually you might want to avoid any Christmas markets, they’ve become surprisingly dangerous...... but that has nothing to do with cultural enrichment,

Over the last few years I have visited Christmas markets in Germany, the UK and Ireland. We don't do them so well in Ireland, but the ones in Germany and Birmingham in particular were a delight. I had a great time visiting them.

Even the travellers are not genetically separate from the rest of the population, despite what some would have you think.

The one thing I love about genetics is that genes are used by the hard right as a propaganda tool for “racial purity”, but the science shows that few of us are actually “pure” - we’re all mongrels to some extent.

And that due to genetic diseases being passed on to offspring, being pure is not a good thing.

The argument to pure genetics is only made by the left in fact, as a strawman argument that they claim the right makes.

Maintaining ethnic native majorities is hardly possible, but of course the country should be able to dictate the scale and who comes into the country. And it should pursue integration policies.

There are also problems in any one generation if resources are overwhelmed and wages stagnate. Another problem is the racial hucksterism of the cultural left, a class largely from the leafy suburbs and far away from any problems.

They know, and we know, that that are the most racist class in the country. They know and we know that they have a lock on upper middle class jobs for upper middle class white Irish (RTE). . They know and we know they are the classes that largely supported the racist British empire.

But we also know we can’t say it.

Spoke directly with a member of the Gardí and DCC and yes they are barriers to stop Islamic nuts from killing people. Same in London Rome etc. it’s a sign of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Our biggest immigrant group are the Brits, probably followed by east Europeans.

A handful of Muslims, it's the end of humanity.

Spoke directly with a member of the Gardí and DCC and yes they are barriers to stop Islamic nuts from killing people. Same in London Rome etc. it’s a sign of the future.

Finally got that word off your chest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I don’t think you’re Irish at all, Vlad.

If you were, then you would realise that ALL Irish politics is about the Civil war. We have an openly gay, half Indian Taoiseach and the only reason people hate him is that he’s a Blueshirt.

Nobody cares where the immigrants are from as long as they take your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Anyone notice the large plant boxes blocking vehicle access to busy pedestrian streets in Dublin this weekend ?

Oh god, a government taking pro active steps to keep its people safe, doing something simple to mitigate disaster just in case - oh, the horror.

Didn't take long for the mask to slip with you, did it? Go back to pulling your plum to ComputingForever videos on YouTube or whatever other **** lords you borrow your beliefs from.

• Advertisement

Don’t know about the ones in Ireland but that’s what they are there for on the continent.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Oh god, a government taking pro active steps to keep its people safe, doing something simple to mitigate disaster just in case - oh, the horror.

Didn't take long for the mask to slip with you, did it? Go back to pulling your plum to ComputingForever videos on YouTube or whatever other **** lords you borrow your beliefs from.

Taking active steps because of an increase in potential terrorism.

I don’t think you’re Irish at all, Vlad.

If you were, then you would realise that ALL Irish politics is about the Civil war. We have an openly gay, half Indian Taoiseach and the only reason people hate him is that he’s a Blueshirt.

Nobody cares where the immigrants are from as long as they take your side.
    Lol all Irish politics is about leftism. FF FG SF labour all left wing , pro immigration, pro EU, socially liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Damn unionists.

Nah, it's to slow down delivery drivers and to ensure that Henry St is not used as a shortcut for the Kinahans and Hutches getaway vehicles after their latest shooting in the North Inner city. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Tens of millions of people attend christmas markets across europe annually without any danger

kneemos wrote: »
    Damn unionists.

Don’t think it’s them. Maybe they might kick off after a United ireland, but I wouldn’t support that.

RWCNT wrote: »

So you admit an increase risk of terrorism because of our Islamic friends but that’s ok because your a good lefty.

Nah, it's to slow down delivery drivers and to ensure that Henry St is not used as a shortcut for the Kinahans and Hutches getaway vehicles after their latest shooting in the North Inner city. :pac:

Yeh? They were erected after the attacks in Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You'd honestly think that the UK didn't face significant risks of terrorism from the 70s to 90s. Same for mainland Europe. You had the IRA, Red Army Faction and ETA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement